Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

413x3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
I'm getting horrible flash performance in full screen. using latest version of Flash from adobe.com and in 1080p resolution

This is a recent thing, about a month or so.

i've tried unchecking hardware acceleration, still horrible. Jumping video and lag. Is there anything I can do?? I've used the mac mini to watch tv online, streaming nhl games, soccer, etc. And now it's unwatchable!! Help!

Thanks
david

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
I'm getting horrible flash performance in full screen. using latest version of Flash from adobe.com and in 1080p resolution

This is a recent thing, about a month or so.

i've tried unchecking hardware acceleration, still horrible. Jumping video and lag. Is there anything I can do?? I've used the mac mini to watch tv online, streaming nhl games, soccer, etc. And now it's unwatchable!! Help!

Thanks
david

Run Disk Utility
Run Cron Scripts
Delete user cache files not the cache folder
Delete the Flash Cache files from your preference folder.

Restart. See if that works.

Cheers

413x3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for the tips I didn't think of that. I will test in a few days when I'm home from my business trip.

413x3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
Still not that great quality, performance is better though after clearing cache. Hmmmm what's going on??

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
Have newly acquired similar poor performance with full screen hulu on the family's mac mini (9400 video).

Only fix I have figured out that works for me was installing the older FireFox 3.6.xx (right along with FF4) and with the older FF, full screen flash works as it did in the past, i.e. Great.

Try it and let me know if this workd for you.

413x3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
Still slight pauses every 5-10 seconds. This is really annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.