PDA

View Full Version : ipod photo connector compatibility?

hikeNM
Feb 28, 2005, 08:54 AM
I was looking at the picture of the ipod photo connector and it got me wondering exactly which cameras would be compatible with it. I have an older Canon S200. In the picture, it looks like the USB cable that came with the camera is used and just plugs into the connector at the bottom of the ipod. Could this be true?

Does anybody have any guesses which cameras will work and if we'll be able to use the USB cable that came with the camera. It seems logical(the Apple way) that any camera iPhoto recognizes would be compatible with the ipod photo.

varmit
Feb 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
I was looking at the picture of the ipod photo connector and it got me wondering exactly which cameras would be compatible with it. I have an older Canon S200. In the picture, it looks like the USB cable that came with the camera is used and just plugs into the connector at the bottom of the ipod. Could this be true?

Does anybody have any guesses which cameras will work and if we'll be able to use the USB cable that came with the camera. It seems logical(the Apple way) that any camera iPhoto recognizes would be compatible with the ipod photo.If the connector basically turns the bottom of the iPod into USB connection, then yes, you are ment to use the USB cable that came with your camera to plug right on into it. Its the easiest way since most digital cameras have USB cables.

hikeNM
Feb 28, 2005, 11:19 AM
That does seem the most logical. Hope it turns out that way. :)