PDA

View Full Version : ipad 2 hdmi out losing sound randomly?

Advil
Apr 1, 2011, 02:43 AM
Hey all, I bought the digital out cable and was testing it out with Hulu a few days back and it randomly lost sound. I thought it was because maybe Hulu doesn't support TV out yet, so I rented a movie via iTunes and watched it through HDMI and the same thing happened. The video randomly froze and skipped ahead with no sound. If I switch inputs and bring it back, it works for a little bit then happens again eventually. Kinda weird.

The HDMI cable is good because I use it from my laptop all the time perfectly. Do you guys think this is a bad adapter or maybe just glitchy software?

The nearest Apple store is 2 hours away so could I exchange it at best buy or soemthing?

Chupa Chupa
Apr 1, 2011, 07:06 AM
First I'd check to see if the TV's firmware is up to date. Check the manufacturer's site. Most TVs w/ HDMI have USB port to update firmware.

If the firmware is current buy another adapter @ BB. If that one doesn't present the same probs. Pack up the bad adapter and return that one to BB. It will get damaged out and sent back to Apple so BB isn't losing, and saving you time and gas.

While you have two adapters, if the new BB one also has issues you might want to try another TV just to make sure the issue isn't w/ the TV.

If the BB one has the same issues, then return that one and contact AppleCare as the problem is likely w/ the iPad having tested two cables and maybe two TVs.