PDA

View Full Version : Home Sharing not working on iPad

Ubele
Apr 1, 2011, 11:11 AM
I have an iPhone 4 and a 64 GB iPad 3G. I upgraded to iOS 4.3.1 on both. I also have a MacBook Pro with the current versions of OS X and iTunes. I followed the instructions I found on line to enable Home Sharing: I turned on Home Sharing in iTunes, and went to Settings > iPod on my iPhone and iPad. On the iPhone, there was the Home Sharing box for me to enter my Apple ID and password, and everything worked fine. On my iPad, however, the Home Sharing box doesn't appear -- only the Music box (Shake to Shuffle, Sound Check, EQ, Volume Limit, and Lyrics & Podcast Info). I have a coworker with an iPad, and it worked for him, and I haven't seen any posts saying that Home Sharing doesn't work with the first-generation iPad. Any ideas? Is there some other setting I need to change on my iPad?

EDH667
Apr 1, 2011, 11:17 AM
I have an iPhone 4 and a 64 GB iPad 3G. I upgraded to iOS 4.3.1 on both. I also have a MacBook Pro with the current versions of OS X and iTunes. I followed the instructions I found on line to enable Home Sharing: I turned on Home Sharing in iTunes, and went to Settings > iPod on my iPhone and iPad. On the iPhone, there was the Home Sharing box for me to enter my Apple ID and password, and everything worked fine. On my iPad, however, the Home Sharing box doesn't appear -- only the Music box (Shake to Shuffle, Sound Check, EQ, Volume Limit, and Lyrics & Podcast Info). I have a coworker with an iPad, and it worked for him, and I haven't seen any posts saying that Home Sharing doesn't work with the first-generation iPad. Any ideas? Is there some other setting I need to change on my iPad?

Works fine on my first generation iPad. The login should be located just under the Lyrics & Podcast Info under general settings for the iPod icon. I would try to re-boot the iPad and if that doesn't work try a restore.

darngooddesign
Apr 1, 2011, 11:21 AM
IRC. I had to click on the shared library in iTunes and enter a PIN before the option would show up on my iPad.

KittyKatta
Apr 1, 2011, 11:21 AM
Same here. I have two iTunes libraries to share from. One is Windows one is OS X. The Windows one always shows up, the OS X one rarely shows. If I log on and off of Home Sharing on OS X it shows up again but a few hours later its gone. Neither computer goes to sleep and both can be seen consistently from Apple TV so this seems to be an iPad issue (for me).

gescom
Apr 1, 2011, 11:24 AM
IRC. I had to click on the shared library in iTunes and enter a PIN before the option would show up on my iPad.

I had to do the same and then it worked fine. Still it takes a bit to read the whole library if it is large.

Ubele
Apr 2, 2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks, everyone! When I got home from work yesterday and turned on my iPad, it had spontaneously healed itself -- Home Sharing is now working.