PDA

View Full Version : Apogee Jam availability

Yebot
Apr 1, 2011, 12:02 PM
I ordered one from Musician's Friend on 3/17. At the time they claimed availability on 3/31.

Today I received an email from Musician's Friend customer service claiming that they won't get inventory until 4/14.

Apple Store online says 1 - 2 months.

Has anyone gotten their hands on an Apogee Jam yet?

The Doop
Apr 1, 2011, 02:18 PM
I ordered from Apple a day or so after it was announced. For some reason they had it listed for $89 instead of $99 which is cool. I received shipment confirmation on March 29th and it says it should arrive by April 6th. I'm surprised there isn't any reviews out there on the net yet. You would think some tech sites would have received review units by now. Really excited to give it a try!

Jiden63
Apr 2, 2011, 10:45 AM
Can you tell me how the monitoring thru the ipads earphone jack is....concerning sound quality,latency? Can you route the pure analog signal directly to the earphone jack so there is zero latency?
THanks for any comments!
John

The Doop
Apr 2, 2011, 02:23 PM
My Apogee Jam just arrived and after taking it for test run I have to say that this thing sounds Amazing!! The sound quality in comparison to the Ampkit Link is like night and day. There is little or no hiss with the Jam unlike the Ampkit Link and the guitar tones I get through GarageBand are thrilling. Definitely worth the extra $$ in my opinion!

As for latency while monitoring through the headphone jack. If there is any....I can't hear it so it looks to be a non-issue.

Now back to jamming! :)

einmusiker
Apr 2, 2011, 05:20 PM
Very cool. Can you try running a classical guitar into it and let us know they sound integrity? Thanks

mikechan1234
Apr 2, 2011, 06:34 PM
Bit annoying you can't even order the apogee jam in the UK :(

ron435
May 13, 2011, 02:18 PM
Love the idea of that product. Just ordered an ipad2 to use this tool for making multitrack recordings...and music... :) yay
Before I also order the JAM (hoping to get one...) I have to questions, maybe someone knows that:
1) iPad power supply: is there a way to charge/supply the iPad with power whilst using the JAM? That's the only little concern I have and I'd love to solve that somehow...USB Hub maybe?
2) Play along to songs from the music library. (iPod): As a bass player I always like to play with songs from CDs, iPod etc. with Headphones (use a korg px4d pandora for that at the moment). Is it possible to do that with garage band? (like using the iPad as a "headphone preamp" for my bass..)
Or is there another app out there for just that? Haven't found one yet...

Thanks a lot!!
chhers
Robert

Mediaman09
Jul 5, 2011, 03:03 PM
If I order the Apogee Jam off the apple.ca store, would I receive the known BAD INITIAL RUN, or the UPDATED version???

It is general knowledge that Apogee confirmed that they did have a bad initial run of that interface and they have a updated version out. Indeed they offer an exchange program per thier web site.

Before I place an order off the Apple Canada Store, I would really like to know if Apple Canada is shipping older stock (the version with the BAD INTIAL RUN), or if they are definitely now shipping the UPDATED version?

I asked but did not get very far.

I see now the availability is shown as 1-2 days and that earlier it was 1-2 months. Still does confirm if they got a bunch of the old stock or a bunch of the new stock! I know its returnable to any store in 14 days but I am not sure how to distinguish one batch from the other.

Anyone know the real scoop?