PDA

View Full Version : What cases are available now thread.

itsjustmeee
Apr 1, 2011, 12:41 PM
There's so many "shipping soon", Amazon and Ebay options here and honestly, it's hard to tell just what cases look good in person. I'd like to see something before I drop 60 bucks on it. We should have a thread here for cases, covers, etc at are actually available now at Best Buy, Target, Apple stores, etc. When anyone sees or hears of something in stock at a local store, maybe they could post it here. My guess is that within the next week or two, there will be plenty.

iamthekiller
Apr 1, 2011, 01:08 PM
Nobody is going to maintain such a thread. Just search the forums.

itsjustmeee
Apr 1, 2011, 01:47 PM
Such enthusiasm. Maybe you're right. A thread like "different ipad/smart cover color combinations" is probably more important.

bigwinnerx
Apr 1, 2011, 01:49 PM
There's already a thread about brick and mortar stores that nobody posts in.

barryst
Apr 1, 2011, 02:00 PM
Such enthusiasm. Maybe you're right. A thread like "different ipad/smart cover color combinations" is probably more important.

Feelings hurt?

mcdj
Apr 2, 2011, 12:11 AM
All I know is, the majority of what's out there at the moment is crappy rushed to market cases that are either butt ugly or poorly made or both. IMO, not even the stuff that's being previewed is all that great.

The one iPad "case" that even comes close to being as great as the iPad itself, in terms of both design and functionality, is Apple's smart cover. It may not offer the same level of protection as the Booya Super XSlim Faux Vinyl 360 Pivot Plus with X-O shell technology, but it's the only case that rises to the iPad's level of design sophistication and simplicity. That's what happens when your company has billions of dollars to hire the absolute best designers on the planet.

drenline
Apr 2, 2011, 12:19 AM
It's all about the back skins and front screen protectors right now! Give it some time for some decent quality cases to come out. It'll be a little while IMO.

romeo.xk
Apr 2, 2011, 01:33 AM
Funny thing is that by the time most of those really nice cases hit the market, we will be talking about the iPad 3... And I don't know you guys, but personally I would not spend $100 on a nice case, to use it for 2-3 months and then sell it to get the iPad 3...

I have to agree, the apple cover works great, ( sure, if I drop it, then I'll be in trouble ) and I just have to remember to place it the right way when putting it on a table.

itsjustmeee
Apr 2, 2011, 11:29 AM
Feelings hurt?

No feelings hurt Mr newbie.It's just a forum, remember? Honestly my thinking for having a thread was that many of the cases that are being talked about here are just starting to ship and many of them are going to be available in retail stores very soon. There were a couple of cases I was considering, but after seeing their ipad 1 counterpart at the Apple store, I passed because they just looked cheaper and not as well constructed as they appeared on their website.

Karnivore
Apr 3, 2011, 08:21 AM
Take a look here http://mashable.com/2011/03/11/ipad-2-cases/