PDA

View Full Version : Can ship date be pushed up??

Antivirus
Apr 1, 2011, 02:52 PM
Basically what the title says.

I was wanting to order a Ipad 2 from Apple.com but have heard due to high demand that you may end up waiting 2-3 weeks for it to ship.

Will the shipping dates continue to take forever or will they eventually go down to normal 4-5 day shipping at the end of the month. Or would I be better off putting my order in now and just hoping that the date is actually pushed up??

RossMc
Apr 1, 2011, 02:55 PM
Is there an Apple store near you? You will get one quicker if you try reserve one after 9pm on a night to pick up the next day on the Apple website. As for the shipping times changing it will when they catch up with demand. No one knows when that will happen though.

azentropy
Apr 1, 2011, 02:59 PM
Basically what the title says.

I was wanting to order a Ipad 2 from Apple.com but have heard due to high demand that you may end up waiting 2-3 weeks for it to ship.

Will the shipping dates continue to take forever or will they eventually go down to normal 4-5 day shipping at the end of the month. Or would I be better off putting my order in now and just hoping that the date is actually pushed up??

The sooner you order it the sooner you will get it. If you want one why you would wait until ship dates are listed shorter? It isn't like if they if the estimated is listed as 2-3 weeks today, and change to 4-5 days in 2 days that someone ordering in 2 days would get it before someone ordering today.

Mattstkc
Apr 1, 2011, 03:35 PM
I ordered during the 4-5 wk timeframe and my order still reflects that but I called Apple and they said my order would ship before anyone after me as soon as it was available and to expect it earlier than my original ship date.

Order - March 16 - Est Ship Apr 20 delivery Apr 23rd. Expecting late next week shipping for April 11-14 arrival.

bigcat318
Apr 1, 2011, 04:12 PM
Mine shipped today, 10 days sooner than it predicted with its 4/11 ship date. I ordered during the '3-4 week' time frame.

goMac
Apr 1, 2011, 04:53 PM
Is there an Apple store near you? You will get one quicker if you try reserve one after 9pm on a night to pick up the next day on the Apple website. As for the shipping times changing it will when they catch up with demand. No one knows when that will happen though.

Can only reserve in the UK. OP seems to be from the US.

dmaul1114
Apr 1, 2011, 04:57 PM
Most seem to be shipping a bit early, but not dramatically so.

I got in right when they went on sale, had a March 18-25 estimated delivery initially, but received it on March 15th.

KnitGirl
Apr 1, 2011, 05:10 PM
Some people with ship dates of April 11 are getting theirs shipped today, a full 10 days early.

So the quicker you place your order, the quicker you'll have your virtual spot in line. They fill orders in the order they are received (in a manner of speaking).

NJBlackBerry
Apr 1, 2011, 07:54 PM
My wife's arrived yesterday, 8 days earlier than the original ship date. The smart cover arrived two days earlier.

EzeE1o
Apr 1, 2011, 11:58 PM
my ship date just got pushed up!
i ordered a white 32 wifi on march 14th, they said ship on apr 11 and delivered on the 14th. just now i got an email that it shipped and will arrive on apr 6th. thank god lol, i was planning on lining up tomorrow morning too, now i dont have to