PDA

View Full Version : FitFolio iPad2 Case by Speck

msk12
Apr 1, 2011, 03:28 PM
Finally something new from Speck, coming mid April only at Target.

http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/ipad-2-cases-fitfolio-red.html

Halebopp
Apr 1, 2011, 04:08 PM
looks nice, my only concern is how quickly the bungee may wear out and become over-stretched etc.

212rikanmofo
Apr 1, 2011, 04:47 PM
Wow, the sexiest folio style case i've seen! I hope it comes in black or other colors. It will be available at our local Target stores? I may hold off on the Incase Book Jacket for this one. This looks even nicer. Damn choices. Does anyone know if it will have the sleep/wake cover magnet support for the iPad 2?

Aqua Bliss
Apr 1, 2011, 04:49 PM
Still no auto sleep mode? C'mon Speck!

cheapa55
Apr 1, 2011, 04:54 PM
One of the best looking cases I've seen. I can't wait to see it in person.

MrWrestleMania
Apr 1, 2011, 04:56 PM
Pixelskin hd wins for me!

jedolley
Apr 1, 2011, 04:57 PM
looks nice, my only concern is how quickly the bungee may wear out and become over-stretched etc.

Since it's going to be available at Target you'll have 90 days to find out and decide if you want to return. :D

msk12
Apr 1, 2011, 05:13 PM
From the picture I don't understand how the bungie works. But it seems like it is going to be very light, and I like how you have easy access to all of the buttons, unlike other folio cases where the buttons are somewhat obstructed.

celo48
Apr 1, 2011, 05:14 PM
I really like it too. I hope it comes in black also.

twistrman
Apr 5, 2011, 11:53 PM
i just say this case pop up on speck's site as well. It is look really nice except for a few things.

Only issues I see with it
- No magnets, speck seems to be dropping the ball on this. This case should also use magnets to close it like the smart cover instead of a crappy bungee.

- the notch the bungee hooks to is right in the middle of the side, i don't know about you but this is where i hold the ipad, i don't want some hard plastic jutting into my hand... add magnets get rid of this crap. I know for a fact that if it doesn't have magnets i will be putting my own in for the sleep/wake. doesn't solve the closing problem though.

- It looks kind of thick. Hard to tell with the photos but the actual rubber part around the ipad looks very thick

also, if you guys read it again it says "This case will also be available mid-April 2011 at Target Stores!" so not only target, ALSO target. Target does not have this in their online system yet.

Both the red and the other version are showing up on mygearstore as well at $30.95 and listed as out of stock instead of pre order

also, check out this page on amazon. looks like a proposed non red version, vegan croc "leather"

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bFT31drWL.jpg

ghostshadow
Apr 6, 2011, 12:41 AM
I agree, this case looks amazing! I do wish it had magnets as well. I think it would be much sexier with them. I hope there's more colors than just red as well. I've had a red gumdrop case on the iPad 1 since it was released. I'd like something other than red for the iPad 2.

joltaxt
Apr 6, 2011, 01:10 AM
Unlike everyone else here I don't need magnets on my case in order to be be persuaded. If you want magnets go buy a yoobao case and enjoy that skank smell. This case looks great. Love the red as well, and for half the cost of a smart cover, I'm sold!

twistrman
Apr 6, 2011, 08:29 AM
Unlike everyone else here I don't need magnets on my case in order to be be persuaded. If you want magnets go buy a yoobao case and enjoy that skank smell. This case looks great. Love the red as well, and for half the cost of a smart cover, I'm sold!

to me this case does need magnets because otherwise it is using an inferior form of closing. you have a chunk of plastic (or hard rubber) jutting out where your hand is supposed to be and the elastic band you are supposed to secure it with looks like a woman's hairband. I imagine it will become stretched out or broken with a lot of use.

They don't even have to use the magnets smart magnet style, put them in another way. Just use magnets to close the case. They are clean and unobtrusive. I would have preferred a full elastic strap around the front of it over this little nub system.

msk12
Apr 11, 2011, 06:34 PM
According to the Speck twitter feed someone already found this case at their local target: http://yfrog.com/gzz6ybmj

josun
Apr 11, 2011, 07:22 PM

I agree. People did just fine without magnets for ipad 1 and I don't think it's a big deal. Sure, it would've been nice if the new case had'em but it's certainly not a deal breaker. But I also agree that I would rather prefer the classic elastic band to the latch system. I think it just looks cleaner that way.

jdminpdx
Apr 11, 2011, 07:42 PM
See my thread. I picked this up today and posted pictures and I can answer questions.