PDA

View Full Version : Incipio Feather for iPad 2 - thinnest case that can work with smart cover

LTMK
Apr 1, 2011, 09:25 PM
I got my new baby – iPad2 Black 64GB 3G Monday. I tried to find a case that can protect the back and also can work with the smart cover. Talked to the apple store people and they have no clue and finally one staff recommend the incipio feather case. He told me he ordered it from amazon.

Ordered from a seller in Amazon on Tue and got it today. Excellent service!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004SBAS4A/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1301710259&sr=1-3&condition=new

The case is so slim but it is amazingly tough!! I was worried about the divider for the volume button section can be easily broken because its so thin. I tried to press it, wow UNBREAKABLE!!! I can almost press it all the way down!! Excellent quality!!

I put it on and just love it. Fits perfectly and looks good. Black on Black is always my favorite combination!! I really have no complain about the case alone.

Then I tried to use it with the smart case. Not too bad. Even though it is not perfect, still ok. The feather case provides excellent protection for the back while the smart cover provides protection for the front. The smart cover can maintain the type writer position with the Feather case on!! Good… but it cannot maintain the TV stand position.

In conclusion: I love this incipio feather case and give it 4.5 star out of 5

ForumViewer
Apr 1, 2011, 09:30 PM
I got my new baby – iPad2 Black 64GB 3G Monday. I tried to find a case that can protect the back and also can work with the smart cover. Talked to the apple store people and they have no clue and finally one staff recommend the incipio feather case. He told me he ordered it from amazon.

Ordered from a seller in Amazon on Tue and got it today. Excellent service!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004SBAS4A/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1301710259&sr=1-3&condition=new

The case is so slim but it is amazingly tough!! I was worried about the divider for the volume button section can be easily broken because its so thin. I tried to press it, wow UNBREAKABLE!!! I can almost press it all the way down!! Excellent quality!!

I put it on and just love it. Fits perfectly and looks good. Black on Black is always my favorite combination!! I really have no complain about the case alone.

Then I tried to use it with the smart case. Not too bad. Even though it is not perfect, still ok. The feather case provides excellent protection for the back while the smart cover provides protection for the front. The smart cover can maintain the type writer position with the Feather case on!! Good… but it cannot maintain the TV stand position.

In conclusion: I love this incipio feather case and give it 4.5 star out of 5

Glad to hear it because I JUST ordered one myself.

3goldens
Apr 1, 2011, 09:57 PM
You do know they're coming out with a case that will be compatible withrhw smart cover right?

MacBpro
Apr 2, 2011, 12:54 AM
I dont want to have my ipad at risk of scratching while waiting for the latest case coming out. There are always a better solution, but I need the protection for my ipad NOW : ) better safe than sorry man

I talked with the incipio people and they said it will take at least another 6-8 weeks before the latest case can be ready. Anyone want to wait?? Not me : ) I would rather have a good night of sleep