PDA

View Full Version : Screen protectors

Ninjasrule
Apr 2, 2011, 04:10 AM
Hi guys:

anyone finding a dearth of quality protectors for the ipad2? Amazon has like only one brand listed and every review is negative. looking for something for the back and front.

Thanks!

nden
Apr 2, 2011, 08:42 AM
I have SGP screen protector on my iPhone 4 and they are definitely best on the market.

sotie
Apr 2, 2011, 10:41 AM
http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2.html

Preorders will ship on 4/7.

manticore999
Apr 2, 2011, 11:47 AM
I just spent 2 hours with the SGP protector and finally tore it off crumpled it up and threw it away. I had bubbles everywhere, dust everywhere - just a huge pain in the butt. A complete waste of money and my ipad is just going to be unprotected. I think it's either that or throw it across the room in frustration!

deeesea
Apr 2, 2011, 12:07 PM
I just spent 2 hours with the SGP protector and finally tore it off crumpled it up and threw it away. I had bubbles everywhere, dust everywhere - just a huge pain in the butt. A complete waste of money and my ipad is just going to be unprotected. I think it's either that or throw it across the room in frustration!

YES! i completely agree, the SGP screen protectors have been one of the most difficult ones to put on. I've used plenty from Best skins ever, invisishield and etc, I prefer the wet application, this dry application is annoying as hell.

Jimg7
Apr 2, 2011, 12:35 PM
I spent two hours trying to put on the SGP and could not keep the dust out. Their customer service is really impersonal and tried to make me feel bad about asking for a refund. Don't waste your time and money with them. It cost me nearly $20 to find out it is impossible to apply.
I went to the mall and had Ghost Armor installed. Not my first choice but it looks good and has a decent warranty.

xraytech
Apr 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
YES! i completely agree, the SGP screen protectors have been one of the most difficult ones to put on. I've used plenty from Best skins ever, invisishield and etc, I prefer the wet application, this dry application is annoying as hell.

You can use the wet method on "Dry" screen overlays. As a matter of fact, that's exactly how I apply SGP screen protectors.

melman101
Apr 2, 2011, 12:41 PM
I've order my Crystal Film from Power Support USA. Waiting on it's arrival. But it's mad expensive. $30 for one.

Pballer110
Apr 2, 2011, 01:00 PM
I've order my Crystal Film from Power Support USA. Waiting on it's arrival. But it's mad expensive. $30 for one.

Expensive yes but they're the best. Once you apply it you won't regret the cost.

lmg74
Apr 2, 2011, 01:08 PM
Expensive yes but they're the best. Once you apply it you won't regret the cost.

Unless you get dust or something else trapped underneath it..lol

sotie
Apr 2, 2011, 06:39 PM
Unless you get dust or something else trapped underneath it..lol

Actually, with Power Support you can lift it with tape on the corner and remove trapped dust with another piece of tape even after it's fully installed. So there's no excuse for dust!

lmg74
Apr 2, 2011, 06:55 PM
Actually, with Power Support you can lift it with tape on the corner and remove trapped dust with another piece of tape even after it's fully installed. So there's no excuse for dust!

Ah that's good to know. I had their protectors on my iPhones & they always went on smoothly without a problem. I never had to replace them neither.
Right now I have a cheap one on from eBay, but if doesn't hold up I'll either get PS or Ghost Armor.

N23
Apr 2, 2011, 07:57 PM
I don't plan on getting one for my ipad but if I were to it'd definitely be from PS.

kfscoll
Apr 3, 2011, 05:46 PM
You can use the wet method on "Dry" screen overlays. As a matter of fact, that's exactly how I apply SGP screen protectors.
+1. I applied the SGP UF screen protector on my iPad 2 and was able to get it installed without bubbles and dust using the "wet" method. However, I removed it because it reduces the clarity of the screen so much. Power Support screen protectors are much better in this regard. I should've known better, too...I tried an SGP AF protector on my iPad 1 and swapped it for a Power Support protector. I had hoped that the SGP UF protectors were improved but it looks like Power Support is still the only way to go.

I have my PS protector on preorder and hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week!

Snoosedaddy
Apr 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
I used the Zagg screen protector. Looks good after the liquid evaporates (2 days). Also got the InCase case ( fake leather). Happy with my purchases.

xraytech
Apr 3, 2011, 10:45 PM
+1. I applied the SGP UF screen protector on my iPad 2 and was able to get it installed without bubbles and dust using the "wet" method. However, I removed it because it reduces the clarity of the screen so much. Power Support screen protectors are much better in this regard. I should've known better, too...I tried an SGP AF protector on my iPad 1 and swapped it for a Power Support protector. I had hoped that the SGP UF protectors were improved but it looks like Power Support is still the only way to go.

I have my PS protector on preorder and hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week!

Me too, waiting on PS.

smp4502004
Apr 4, 2011, 01:19 AM
I went with the Crystal Clear screen protector from SGP, and it is absolutely great. Basically you just need to take your time putting it on, and peel back about half of it, and work it on slowly. I installed mine by just cleaning the screen well, then always have some canned air around to shoot off any dust. I got mine on in about 15 minutes, and not a single bubble or dust particle under the protector. I've always used screen protectors from SGP and would highly recommend.

itommac
Apr 4, 2011, 03:05 AM
I am inept at applying those plastic sheets to the iPad so I bought the Moshi iVisor AG for iPad. The version for the iPad 2 is set to come out this month check the manufacturer's website it will be worth the short wait. The iPad 2 version is coming so soon and it is perfect so you won't regret the delay. The website is:

http://store.moshimonde.com/ipad.html

On the iPad I installed it in less than 30 seconds and by design it will always be 100 percent bubble free. I can remove it, if for some reason I wanted to, and then put it back on in seconds.

Read the reviews for the Moshi iVisor AG for iPad on Amazon and you'll get the idea it is the best solution.

The manufacturer states: "Moshi's iVisor AG for iPad is an advanced anti-reflective screen protector specifically designed to protect your iPad's gorgeous touch screen while reducing smudging. Unlike other screen protectors that require tedious installation procedures and often result in unwanted air bubbles or hindered touch screen performance, Moshi's proprietary design and patented technology allows the iVisor AG to be installed in seconds without any air bubbles. iVisor AG also employs a second generation anti-reflective film where clarity is retained and speckling is minimized. If you are looking for an easy-to-install screen protector, with excellent clarity and anti-smudge properties, then iVisor AG is the perfect solution for you!"

grimwanderer
Apr 9, 2011, 04:43 PM
All,

Seeing the various instructions/cautionary tales/horror stories, I'm debating whether I should try to install a screen protector myself or have a shop somewhere do it.

I'm not known for my coordination/precision when it comes to such things. (On my iPhone 4, my case came with 2 screen protectors... the first one got stuck to itself and was not salvageable. The second one I managed to get on... but never been completely happy with it (although it has stayed on). I'm guessing the larger screen on the iPad will be even harder to get right.

Anyway... long story short (too late!)... does anyone know of a place in the Baltimore or DC areas where this can be done? In terms of brands, I've heard very good things about Power Support but am still willing to look at other options.