PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else waiting for a Noreve iPad 2 case?

cc1013
Apr 2, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hi all,
I'm a big Noreve fan after using their case for my Kindle. I am anxiously waiting to see what their iPad 2 case will look like and was curious if anyone else is doing the same. I haven't seen the Noreve cases mentioned for the iPad 2 and figured I would bring it up.

batman75
Apr 2, 2011, 09:18 AM
Hi all,
I'm a big Noreve fan after using their case for my Kindle. I am anxiously waiting to see what their iPad 2 case will look like and was curious if anyone else is doing the same. I haven't seen the Noreve cases mentioned for the iPad 2 and figured I would bring it up.

I am interested. They're quality is great and their pricing reasonable.

However if it is like the previous gene Noreves then no way. That flip out stand just added bulk and awkwardness. They better have a good design this time round. Ideal would be something like the Vaja Libretto, without the exposed corner.

cc1013
Apr 2, 2011, 06:30 PM
It looks like the iPad 2 case was just posted on Noreve's website.

http://www.noreve.com/product/Housse_cuir_Apple_iPad_2_Tradition_B.html

I e-mailed Noreve and asked the following:
1 - Does the case support the iPad in a vertical standing position (the website only shows horizontal)
2 - Does the case support the iPad in a typing position
3 - Will more iPad cases be offered

The price is a bit steep at around $126 USD before shipping. I'm willing to forego the automatic on/off, but would like a case that supports other positions. Other than that, the case itself looks pretty nice. It does not cover the bezel and does not have the annoying inner pockets that some Noreve items contain.

sotie
Apr 2, 2011, 06:51 PM
You can tell from the pictures that it supports the iPad in a typing position. The 4 horizontal grooves in the inside cover allow the user to adjust the angle. The lowest position will be for typing.

cc1013
Apr 2, 2011, 08:38 PM
You can tell from the pictures that it supports the iPad in a typing position. The 4 horizontal grooves in the inside cover allow the user to adjust the angle. The lowest position will be for typing.

Thanks for pointing that out!

skids929
Apr 3, 2011, 08:37 PM
This case is sweet, makes me want to cancel my Libretto.

Did you get an answer to the questions you asked them? And does it take advantage of the sleep/wake?

My concern with this case would only be that the metal emblem they use sticks out from the case, makes me think it would rock a little on flat surfaces when typing. We won't know until someone gets one.

cc1013
Apr 4, 2011, 09:09 AM
This case is sweet, makes me want to cancel my Libretto.

Did you get an answer to the questions you asked them? And does it take advantage of the sleep/wake?

My concern with this case would only be that the metal emblem they use sticks out from the case, makes me think it would rock a little on flat surfaces when typing. We won't know until someone gets one.

I just got a response from Noreve indicating that the case does have the ability to stand vertically and directing me to the photos on the website. Thing is, none of those photos show a vertical stand. To be honest, I can't think of a time when I would actually need that position though as I would watch movies with the iPad in a horizontal position.

The response did not address the typing position, but from what a previous poster pointed out, there should be no issues with that.

Another iPad 2 case from Noreve will be introduced in the next week. I am going to wait to see what that offers.

I didn't ask about that automatic on/off. I highly doubt that is included as it doesn't mention it in the description, but sent a quick e-mail back to verify.

johnc22
Apr 4, 2011, 09:46 AM
These look pretty nice.

cc1013
Apr 4, 2011, 10:53 AM
Noreve just responded and said that their covers do NOT have the smart cover on/off feature.

skids929
Apr 4, 2011, 07:22 PM
Noreve just responded and said that their covers do NOT have the smart cover on/off feature.

Then the Vaja is better, glad I ordered that one..Any cover, particularly a cover in the luxury price range should be ashamed if they aren't taking advantage of this feature.

I like the look of the Noreve and the materials, but no sleep/wake means it's not a top-tier case.

skids929
May 3, 2011, 07:29 PM
Did anyone receive this case yet?

Pics?