PDA

View Full Version : Dodocase Version 2??

slaphotk
Apr 2, 2011, 10:06 AM
Just received my Ipad 2.. In the market for a moleskin type case. Plenty of discussion on Portenzo, Pad and Quill, and Treeglo...However, have not seen much on the "new and improved" Dodocase with the Ipad 2? Does anyone actually have one? Any thoughts? In general these all appear to be good products albeit some issues whether it's craftsmanship, delivery times etc..Not in a big rush, just want to make a good choice for my needs (reading, note taking, business meeting use, and travel etc)..Thx..

PacMookBro
Apr 2, 2011, 12:42 PM
DODOcase does not seem to have a camera cut-out so you will be taking iPad 2 in and out when taking pictures using the back camera. Previous version of DODOcase for original iPad did not grip the iPad well (iPad simply fell out of the case when held up-side down) and I hope they nailed it down this time right-off-the-bat otherwise, it is definitely not good for taking iPad in and out. I am skeptical about DODOcase's dependability but, we'll have to see once it reaches customers.

At this point I would recommend Portenzo for its record of quality of craftmanship and reliability. Now that you have your baby, you need a reliable baby carriage to go with it. Portenzo is certainly it.

Regarding the original iPad:
DODOcase: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=907112&page=17&highlight=dodocase
Portenzo: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1039274&highlight=dodocase+portenzo&page=12
Portenzo vs DODOcase: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1032456&highlight=dodocase+portenzo&page=5

clayj
Apr 2, 2011, 06:15 PM
I have the Special Edition DODOcase for iPad 2 and it's great. The corner pads hold the iPad nice and snugly (obviously they have learned from their previous experience), and the whole case has a feeling of quality about it. I am not concerned about the lack of a back camera hole (and neither are the DODOcase folks) because I really don't see myself ever using that camera -- not to mention, if they DID cut a hole out for it, you'd still have to be careful not to flip the front flap around behind the iPad for fear of blocking the camera.

mysterygirl
Apr 2, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have the Special Edition DODOcase for iPad 2 and it's great. The corner pads hold the iPad nice and snugly (obviously they have learned from their previous experience), and the whole case has a feeling of quality about it. I am not concerned about the lack of a back camera hole (and neither are the DODOcase folks) because I really don't see myself ever using that camera -- not to mention, if they DID cut a hole out for it, you'd still have to be careful not to flip the front flap around behind the iPad for fear of blocking the camera.

Would love to see pics of your case if you have some. I was intrigued by the Special Edition. I opted for the Portenzo 23.5 instead, but I still think the Dodocase is very good looking.

clayj
Apr 2, 2011, 06:28 PM
Would love to see pics of your case if you have some. I was intrigued by the Special Edition. I opted for the Portenzo 23.5 instead, but I still think the Dodocase is very good looking.Here you go!

slaphotk
Apr 2, 2011, 07:08 PM
Great pics..Thx..For some reason the Dodo case "appears" to look less bulky than the others (Portenzo, P&Q, and Treegloo)..maybe because the frame is thinner??

blevins321
Apr 2, 2011, 07:11 PM
Awesome background :-D BSG for life!

Jhutchings
Apr 2, 2011, 07:14 PM
Got my shipping notice today. I ordered mine on 3/22. Not a bad turn around.

blevins321
Apr 2, 2011, 07:18 PM
oops - double post

mysterygirl
Apr 2, 2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for posting pics. Looks nice!

slaphotk
Apr 2, 2011, 07:35 PM
Not too bad for the Dodocase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgcUZ0b4u4I

lmg74
Apr 2, 2011, 07:44 PM
@ ClayJ very nice!

clayj
Apr 2, 2011, 08:22 PM
In case anyone wants it. :-)

kettybear
Apr 3, 2011, 12:47 AM
I like how the DODOcase has the most book like look. What bothers me are the corner pads though. I think they'll look weird with the white ipad (what I have).