PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Smart Cover?

xraytech
Apr 2, 2011, 01:02 PM
It looks nice from the renderings, but it seems to me they just took a black Smart Cover and just stickered carbon fiber panels on it.

http://droconcepts.com/iPad2/carbon-fiber-ipad-2-case-cover.html

glen e
Apr 2, 2011, 01:25 PM
dunno, DRO has made good stuff in the past - contemplating getting it to run with a icarbon back - for around the house..

selling a few things on ebay next week...somebody wanna make me a offer on a tan leather and grey poly smartcover - both brand new? No splits - sold together...

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 2, 2011, 01:46 PM
wow this looks awesome and makes me want to return my red smart cover.

sotie
Apr 2, 2011, 06:44 PM
It looks nice from the renderings, but it seems to me they just took a black Smart Cover and just stickered carbon fiber panels on it.

http://droconcepts.com/iPad2/carbon-fiber-ipad-2-case-cover.html

The website indicates: Hand crafted with real carbon fiber and genuine leather.

I'm interested to see if the fit and hardware are the same as the real smart cover.

Aqua Bliss
Apr 3, 2011, 01:45 AM
Ships in early May? Ugh.

This Smart Cover + iCarbon CF skin on back + Frost SC Compatible Incipio Feather = heaven.

EvilC5
Apr 5, 2011, 08:07 AM
wow, this is sweet! it will compliment my skinomi carbon skin on the back.....

does anyone know if the smart cover will at least stick to an ipad 1? I can re-purpose my grey one to my wifes ipad1.....

kevinkc
Apr 5, 2011, 12:00 PM
wow, this is sweet! it will compliment my skinomi carbon skin on the back.....

does anyone know if the smart cover will at least stick to an ipad 1? I can re-purpose my grey one to my wifes ipad1.....

No...you would need to add magnets. Do a google search, folks have worked it out on how to do it.

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 7, 2011, 08:21 AM
anyone preorder this smartcover yet? After watching a youtube about how horrible their CF ipad case is, Im weary anything from them just yet. I'm really hoping they nail this cover to perfection right away.....

King Luis
Apr 7, 2011, 08:32 AM
thats pretty impressive for real CF. wonder if it's just a super thin layer of it.