PDA

View Full Version : Mission Control display bug still not fixed in GM. Unbelievable!

PBF
Apr 2, 2011, 03:33 PM
Clearly it is a display bug. And why hasn't it been fixed yet? Anyone else experiencing something similar? Note that it is not a persistent bug. It seems to occur only when certain apps are running in a certain order. So you may not even notice it straight away. But it does happen. Have a look:

http://cl.ly/5hZl/1.png

http://cl.ly/5itl/2.png

funkyfresh69
Apr 3, 2011, 04:57 AM
maybe my findings will help - i had same issue and missing previews across the top of screen

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1129819

hellomoto4
Apr 3, 2011, 06:30 AM
Yeah still getting this, albeit less than DP1, in my opinion.
It looks horrible though. Hopefully a fix is found soon!

ssdeg7
Jul 2, 2011, 11:50 AM
This problem is still there in the GM seed. I wonder if they want to fix it or not

Kahnyl
Jul 2, 2011, 12:33 PM
It's annoying alright.

knuckleball
Jul 2, 2011, 02:58 PM
I'm also getting this bug somewhat frequently in the GM. In general, things seem smoother, but this one is very irritating.

naix
Jul 2, 2011, 03:04 PM
It's not happening for me.

PBF
Jul 2, 2011, 03:33 PM
This is GM. Unbelievable! :mad:

http://cl.ly/86Zb/img.png

Yamcha
Jul 2, 2011, 03:43 PM
Works fine for me, the only thing I'm experiencing is slight lag when opening Launchpad..

JangoFett124
Jul 2, 2011, 05:46 PM
PBF: Did you file a bug report with Apple?

monksealpup
Jul 2, 2011, 09:41 PM
:eek: OMG outrage! Someone make a sign and protest. :rolleyes:

admanimal
Jul 3, 2011, 02:02 AM
I hope every single one of you filed a bug report with Apple. I mean, you must all be developers and know how important that is, right? :rolleyes:

ChristianJapan
Jul 3, 2011, 02:12 AM
I hope every single one of you filed a bug report with Apple. I mean, you must all be developers and know how important that is, right? :rolleyes:

+1, please file a bug report to Apple. They listen to those.

jeanlain
Jul 3, 2011, 03:43 AM
I have a dozen of reproducible bugs filed since DP1, most are probably easy to fix bugs (these are design bugs, not some obscure issues with APIs), and they're not fixed in the GM. :mad:

baryon
Jul 3, 2011, 03:58 AM
I think Apple doesn't even intend to fix these until 10.7.3. I'm not being sarcastic, I really think this is the case. The way software development works is that there's always a hell of a lot of stuff to do, and only enough time to do a fraction of that stuff. They have priorities, and the API, Compatibility and Kernel Panic issues are on the top of that list. They won't even touch any more minor bugs until those have been fixed, which explains why they don't ever get fixed until the OS "matures".

There's nothing wrong with that approach, but the problem is that Apple will officially call 10.7.0 a finished release of Lion, whereas they should just call it open beta, as they know very well that many issues have not even been addressed yet.

This was the case with Snow Leopard too.

Kahnyl
Jul 3, 2011, 06:15 AM
I filed a radar just in case no-one else did. I doubt it won't be marked as a duplicate though.

johneaston
Jul 3, 2011, 06:21 AM
What is the bug? I don't get what the problem is.

Kahnyl
Jul 3, 2011, 06:24 AM
With two windows open in the current space the thumbnails of the other spaces can be completely or partially obscured in Mission Control.

I have no idea what's meant to be wrong here.

Lord Appleseed
Jul 3, 2011, 07:40 AM
What is the bug? I don't get what the problem is.

I have no idea what's meant to be wrong here.

When you check out the screenshot you can see that the windows are not small as normal but still big and partially interfering with each other.

It's supposed to look like that:

http://www.technewsdaily.com/images/stories/mac-osx-lion-mission%20control_101020-02.jpg

However i dont have the problem at all. I can not seem to make this problem occur at all on my Lion GM.

BalaBoom
Jul 3, 2011, 10:15 AM

The layout is meant to be like this when there are less than 3 windows open. Nevertheless, I prefer when the windows are not stacked on top of each other unless it is the same application. For me mission control gets messed up quite often, at least 2 times every few hours.

BlackMangoTree
Jul 3, 2011, 11:41 AM
Mission control is a step backwards. Defiantly more complicated and less features than Expose and Spaces.

admanimal
Jul 3, 2011, 09:39 PM
most are probably easy to fix bugs

Based on that statement I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never done any serious programming, or more likely none at all.

mindgrapes
Jul 4, 2011, 12:43 AM
Mission control is definitely buggy with me on GM. I get the stacked appearance sometimes, but other times a get this view.

Very buggy and not attractive.

dethmaShine
Jul 4, 2011, 01:19 AM

I've filed the same bug in every DP.

On another note, the bug seems to appear on my MacBook and not on my iMac. Is the screen size limiting? I am not very sure but MacBookAir surely does display these windows properly.

Even I can't believe this bug still not fixed by Apple.

mindgrapes
Jul 4, 2011, 02:17 AM
Mission Control has been a massive fail IMO.

Typswif2fingers
Jul 4, 2011, 02:22 AM

Having said that... and me not having a clue about how they (:apple:) do things... How hard would be to add the spaces to the mission control (of sorts)? I.e. to, for example, re-structure the linear arrangement and make it grid field (like spaces were).

mindgrapes
Jul 4, 2011, 02:25 AM
Just encountered thus view.

Kahnyl
Jul 13, 2011, 06:05 PM
Just FYI, my report was just now updated asking me for a screenshot of the problem, which I sent. I was hoping they'd mark it as a dupe.

o'glory
Jul 13, 2011, 06:36 PM
Apple probably didn't want to fix the bug and release another developer update since Lion is so close to being released publicly.

daneoni
Jul 13, 2011, 07:09 PM
This is rushed GM. Unbelievable! :mad:

Fixed.

MikhailT
Jul 13, 2011, 10:30 PM
Apple probably didn't want to fix the bug and release another developer update since Lion is so close to being released publicly.

Not really, they’d release it with tiny bugs like this even if they have months left. They’ll fix everything they can in the first update that should come out within 2-3 weeks after the release.

Lion will probably be much better 6-8 months from now with the 10.7.5 update.

Kahnyl
Jul 14, 2011, 07:13 PM
They just marked it as a dupe/ known issue.

ayeying
Jul 14, 2011, 09:00 PM
I don't have that issue.

PBF
Jul 15, 2011, 12:07 AM
I don't have that issue.
In the first screenshot, are Mail and Safari windows maximized?

iLog.Genius
Jul 15, 2011, 12:24 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, its not a display bug but it has to do with Mission Control. Sometimes when you try to click on a window, it won't select it, instead it'll act like you did click it (begins the zoom effect and come to the foreground) before going back to the default Mission control layout. :confused:

ayeying
Jul 15, 2011, 12:44 AM
In the first screenshot, are Mail and Safari windows maximized?

No, here's another one with both Mail and Safari maximized.

spokes1124
Jul 15, 2011, 12:51 AM
OK I'm new, but are you guys developers that got the advance copy already or what?

ayeying
Jul 15, 2011, 12:52 AM
OK I'm new, but are you guys developers that got the advance copy already or what?

Developers have the GM, yes. Just like the betas and the betas before that and the betas before that.

spokes1124
Jul 15, 2011, 12:54 AM
Well, I don't understand the issues you guys are really talking about, but it looks really cool and can't wait to get my hands on it...

PBF
Jul 15, 2011, 01:09 AM
No, here's another one with both Mail and Safari maximized.
Thanks for the follow-up. Could you tell me how you maximize windows. In order to reproduce the bug, it's important to maximize them 100%; not even 1 pixel can be left between the window and the screen edge (or the dock if it's always ON). Thanks in advance.

P.S. I use third-party app called Cinch (http://irradiatedsoftware.com/cinch/) in order to maximize windows 100%. It's free to try.

Wild-Bill
Jul 15, 2011, 01:28 AM

Spaces > Mission Control

Someone needs to e-mail Jobs & tell him Mission Control is a bag of hurt.

ayeying
Jul 15, 2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the follow-up. Could you tell me how you maximize windows. In order to reproduce the bug, it's important to maximize them 100%; not even 1 pixel can be left between the window and the screen edge (or the dock if it's always ON). Thanks in advance.

P.S. I use third-party app called Cinch (http://irradiatedsoftware.com/cinch/) in order to maximize windows 100%. It's free to try.

Mail's "Green" button allowed maximization. I used that.

For Safari, I clicked the "Green" button but since I had nothing on the page, I dragged it to maximize the entire screen

mph206
Jul 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
If it helps I'm only getting this problem when I maximize all of my applications (with BetterTouchTool) and only have one windows open in each application.

I've found the way to "solve" this is to simple resize one of the windows from the bottom, so that it's slightly shorter - then Mission Control works as it should :)

shawkinsl
Jul 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
This is definitely a bug. Some more info on how to reproduce: Fully maximize all open windows. (Using the pre-defined action in BetterTouchTool most consistently helps to reproduce this bug) and activate mission control. Very annoying, I hope the developers get around to it soon. I've never had a bug in OSX affect me as much as this one has already.

PBF
Jul 25, 2011, 11:17 PM
If it helps I'm only getting this problem when I maximize all of my applications (with BetterTouchTool) and only have one windows open in each application.

I've found the way to "solve" this is to simple resize one of the windows from the bottom, so that it's slightly shorter - then Mission Control works as it should :)
This is definitely a bug. Some more info on how to reproduce: Fully maximize all open windows. (Using the pre-defined action in BetterTouchTool most consistently helps to reproduce this bug) and activate mission control. Very annoying, I hope the developers get around to it soon. I've never had a bug in OSX affect me as much as this one has already.
Thanks, guys. I've already known about the workaround and how exactly to reproduce the bug. I'm glad others are figuring this out too. :)

The only thing left is for Apple to finally fix it. Been there since DP1.

Supershuttle
Jul 26, 2011, 01:34 AM
I don't have a problem with it, try running Onyx, everything.

PBF
Jul 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
I don't have a problem with it, try running Onyx, everything.
I bet you do; you're just not doing the right steps to reproduce it.

ALL Macs running Lion have this bug.