Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohmandm

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
east lansing
Hey Guys,

I am planning on taking my iPad to Greece in September. I bought a travel adapter kit a couple years ago and found that it fits on the power cord for the iPad. Do I need to do anything special to hook it up when I go overseas? I don't know anything about the voltage etc. in Greece so I figured I would see if any of you guys have had experiences abroad.

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Hey Guys,

I am planning on taking my iPad to Greece in September. I bought a travel adapter kit a couple years ago and found that it fits on the power cord for the iPad. Do I need to do anything special to hook it up when I go overseas? I don't know anything about the voltage etc. in Greece so I figured I would see if any of you guys have had experiences abroad.

The only adaptor you really need is for the plug itself. iPad's power supply is already dual-voltage 110/240 so no need for bulky converters. You can buy plug adaptor kits in any Target/Walmart for ~$10, they are sold in luggage section.

mohmandm

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
east lansing
The only adaptor you really need is for the plug itself. iPad's power supply is already dual-voltage 110/240 so no need for bulky converters. You can buy plug adaptor kits in any Target/Walmart for ~$10, they are sold in luggage section.

Thank you! I found out my adapter kit works on it even though it's many years old. I will just use that and not worry about any converters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.