PDA

View Full Version : UK - Smart Cover Shipped

MattJD
Apr 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else in the UK has had their notification of shipment for there iPad, Smart cover or AV adaptor?
I had mine through on Friday (april 1st so hopefully not a april fools haha) for the Smart cover and AV adaptor, I did have an iPad ordered but cancelled it as I managed to pick one up in John Lewis the day after release. The items will arrive on Monday :)

Also something to note is that I did manage to get my order in pretty early 12.29am on the day of release. So is apple finally starting to ship to the UK?

richardmu
Apr 3, 2011, 01:50 PM
That smart cover definitely is not the red leather one. Check out delivery times for that!

Kris400
Apr 3, 2011, 02:12 PM
That smart cover definitely is not the red leather one. Check out delivery times for that!

That's odd.. I wonder why there's so much delay. There must be some manufacturing reason, I can't believe this colour would prove to be *so* much more popular than all the others.

Kris400
Apr 3, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else in the UK has had their notification of shipment for there iPad, Smart cover or AV adaptor?
I had mine through on Friday (april 1st so hopefully not a april fools haha) for the Smart cover and AV adaptor, I did have an iPad ordered but cancelled it as I managed to pick one up in John Lewis the day after release. The items will arrive on Monday :)

Also something to note is that I did manage to get my order in pretty early 12.29am on the day of release. So is apple finally starting to ship to the UK?

What was the shipping date estimate for the cover?

Mr.C
Apr 3, 2011, 02:26 PM
I ordered an iPad along with a smart cover, digital HDMI AV cable and O2 microsim. I noticed the smart covers and cables are available for immediate dispatch on the store but the ones in my order still have an estimated ship and delivery dates of 15/04/11 and 26/04/11 respectively the same as my iPad. My order details also say items will be shipped as available however there is no indication of either the smart cover or cable in my order being shipped.

To add to that the O2 microsim says estimated ship and delivery dates of 25/03/11 and 05/04/11 and yet there is no indication of that having shipped either. None of it makes sense.

As it happens I've already bought the smart cover and cable from an Apple store so don't really need them. I'm not sure if I can cancel them without cancelling the order for the iPad. I really hope my iPad gets delivered before the 21st as I'm going on holiday to the US that day.

richardmu
Apr 3, 2011, 03:01 PM
No iPad yet because of all the difficulties in finding one so I thought that the people buying the red leather smart covers in advance were stupid. Saw lots of them in the two Apple stores in Bristol last week.

Called into the store in Cribbs today and guess what, every other colour but no red leather ones! So I thought I would order one online from the Apple store. All looked to be for immediate delivery. WRONG. Maybe the other peeps are not so stupid after all.

shandyman
Apr 3, 2011, 03:08 PM
I ordered an iPad along with a smart cover, digital HDMI AV cable and O2 microsim. I noticed the smart covers and cables are available for immediate dispatch on the store but the ones in my order still have an estimated ship and delivery dates of 15/04/11 and 26/04/11 respectively the same as my iPad. My order details also say items will be shipped as available however there is no indication of either the smart cover or cable in my order being shipped.

To add to that the O2 microsim says estimated ship and delivery dates of 25/03/11 and 05/04/11 and yet there is no indication of that having shipped either. None of it makes sense.

As it happens I've already bought the smart cover and cable from an Apple store so don't really need them. I'm not sure if I can cancel them without cancelling the order for the iPad. I really hope my iPad gets delivered before the 21st as I'm going on holiday to the US that day.

i would assume that they're grouping your order so they'll all come with the iPad at once.

ascender
Apr 3, 2011, 03:12 PM
Wife's Red smart cover is due to be delivered tomorrow, we got the text notification on Friday.

Mr.C
Apr 3, 2011, 06:09 PM
i would assume that they're grouping your order so they'll all come with the iPad at once.

On my online order under shipping options it states that the items will be shipped separately as they become available. That is what I said in my previous post. If that is the case then since the smart cover and digital HDMI AV adapter are available on the online store for immediate delivery they must be in stock. Therefore they should have shipped already which they haven't. Like I said it's not a big deal as I already have them. I'm obviously more anxious about my iPad shipping as I want it before I go on holiday on the 21st. :confused:

shandyman
Apr 3, 2011, 06:13 PM
On my online order under shipping options it states that the items will be shipped separately as they become available. That is what I said in my previous post. If that is the case then since the smart cover and digital HDMI AV adapter are available on the online store for immediate delivery they must be in stock. Therefore they should have shipped already which they haven't. Like I said it's not a big deal as I already have them. I'm obviously more anxious about my iPad shipping as I want it before I go on holiday on the 21st. :confused:

yea but that original email could be wrong. would make sense that they'd group your stuff with the ipad

Hydrocity
Apr 3, 2011, 07:35 PM

Mine said the same thing. My smart cover was 2-3 day shipping but my iPad was 3-4 week shipping. Both items said delivery on Apr 24, but I got an email 3 days ago saying my smart cover was shipped and it would be delivered tom (Apr 4). So Im sure they will ship separately.

MattJD
Apr 4, 2011, 04:02 AM

Yea its the red leather one, they must be in pretty high demand

Mr.C
Apr 4, 2011, 01:46 PM
yea but that original email could be wrong. would make sense that they'd group your stuff with the ipad

I'm not talking about email. I'm referring to my order details on my account on Apple's online store. It clearly states under shipping details on the right hand side that items will be shipped separately as they are available. When I first placed my order it didn't say that. It said they would ship together.