PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experiencing this?

Maclver
Apr 3, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ok.. I updated to Lion DP2 and my mdworker is going crazy like whenever I open Reeder for Mac it just goes crazy (see attached)

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z256/OSXnerd/ScreenShot2011-04-03at20139PM.png

Does anyone know why this is happening. I have searched and I know mdworker is related to spotlight and its indexing but it never did this on DP1???

mrapplegate
Apr 3, 2011, 02:20 PM
Ok.. I updated to Lion DP2 and my mdworker is going crazy like whenever I open Reeder for Mac it just goes crazy (see attached)

Does anyone know why this is happening. I have searched and I know mdworker is related to spotlight and its indexing but it never did this on DP1???

Is this a fresh install? There are reports of spotlight reporting 11 days or some crazy timeframe to index the volume. The mdworker process throttles back down to normal once Reeder is closed?

PBF
Apr 3, 2011, 02:22 PM
Same here. Makes the fans go ballistic at 6999 RPM.

Maclver
Apr 3, 2011, 02:22 PM
Is this a fresh install? There are reports of spotlight reporting 11 days or some crazy timeframe to index the volume. The mdworker process throttles back down to normal once Reeder is closed?

Yes its a fresh install and it goes completely away once Reeder closes (after about 1 min though)

mrapplegate
Apr 3, 2011, 02:26 PM
Yes its a fresh install and it goes completely away once Reeder closes (after about 1 min though)
Reeder for the Mac is still in beta right? I know iPhone/iPad versions are current. I guess just file a report with Apple.