PDA

View Full Version : Static screen protector ipad2?

brudog68
Apr 3, 2011, 04:29 PM
What is the best static applied screen protector for ipad2? There's been so many threads about screen protectors, I'm getting some of the lingo garbled by now.

Pardon the redundancy.

sotie
Apr 3, 2011, 04:47 PM
Most people (and myself included) prefer Power Support.

brudog68
Apr 3, 2011, 05:16 PM
Sorry I was thinking PS used an adhesive. Thanks!!!

brudog68
Apr 3, 2011, 05:21 PM
Is there much sacrifice of clarity with the "anti glare" vs "crystal"?

sotie
Apr 3, 2011, 06:54 PM
Is there much sacrifice of clarity with the "anti glare" vs "crystal"?

Yes, there is. I have both. For my daughter's ipad I installed the anti-glare because it also is an anti-fingerprint film. She tends to have sweaty palms/fingers so I wanted to cut down on the smudges/fingerprints. The clarity is sacrificed quite a bit but the anti-glare/fingerprint properties are great. I'm using the crystal film on my ipad and I can't even tell it's there.

brudog68
Apr 3, 2011, 07:57 PM
I'm using the crystal film on my ipad and I can't even tell it's there.

Sold! Thanks again

Bigchris
Apr 3, 2011, 08:30 PM
I've used Sedio protectors before with no problem, I have one on the way for the iPad 2.

brudog68
Apr 3, 2011, 09:33 PM
I've used Sedio protectors before with no problem, I have one on the way for the iPad 2.

This one is tempting too...I need one for the wife's as well...not a bad deal for a 2 pack at $25

Penooker
Apr 3, 2011, 09:39 PM
I like the PET type of screen protectors - these are flexible but much more rigid than the film ones. I used to like Boxwave. Then for last year I've been getting them from handheld items, because it's so damn cheap.

http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-crystal-clear-screen-protector-free-stylus-p-160829.html

$5.99!

mac-spy
Apr 4, 2011, 12:45 AM
I like the PET type of screen protectors - these are flexible but much more rigid than the film ones. I used to like Boxwave. Then for last year I've been getting them from handheld items, because it's so damn cheap.

http://www.handhelditems.com/ipad-crystal-clear-screen-protector-free-stylus-p-160829.html

$5.99!

This looks great for the price they are asking. How does the screen protector feel? Any comment? Thanks!

smp4502004
Apr 4, 2011, 01:25 AM
I've always used the Crystal Clear screen protectors from SGP, and would highly recommend them.

drenline
Apr 4, 2011, 04:02 AM
I'm using the crystal film on my ipad and I can't even tell it's there.

but I bet you notice all the fingerprints there instead lol

dhcl604
Apr 4, 2011, 04:29 AM
Yes, there is. I have both. For my daughter's ipad I installed the anti-glare because it also is an anti-fingerprint film. She tends to have sweaty palms/fingers so I wanted to cut down on the smudges/fingerprints. The clarity is sacrificed quite a bit but the anti-glare/fingerprint properties are great. I'm using the crystal film on my ipad and I can't even tell it's there.
I have a Power Support HD anti-glare film on order but still deciding whether or not to use anti-glare or crystal. Can you tell me what brand you use? Thanks.

sotie
Apr 4, 2011, 11:20 AM
I have a Power Support HD anti-glare film on order but still deciding whether or not to use anti-glare or crystal. Can you tell me what brand you use? Thanks.

I only use Power Support.

sotie
Apr 4, 2011, 11:23 AM
but I bet you notice all the fingerprints there instead lol

Yep, the PS Crystal Film definitely shows fingerprints. My hands aren't very oily though so it's not that big of a deal to me.

When I use my iPad 1 with the PS Anti-Glare Film I NEVER have any fingerprints show up but I really don't care for the way it changes the look of the screen.

Penooker
Apr 4, 2011, 05:45 PM
This looks great for the price they are asking. How does the screen protector feel? Any comment? Thanks!

They look and feel like all the other crystal PET type screen protectors that I've bought and used. They're very clear, just like they're not there. The surface is nice and smooth. Fingerprints do show up when the screen is off. My guess is that most people won't be able to tell difference between all the different brands mentioned in this thread, unless it was side by side.

On my iPad2, I am getting a striated fringe pattern (think soap interference patterns) that shows up under fluorescent light. Since I bought a three pack, I can tell that the unapplied ones don't have this. Very odd. I'm hoping other people will chime in with whether or not they've encountered anything similar. I'm guessing it has to do with my wet application (apply the screen protector while the iPad has drops of water on the screen.