PDA

View Full Version : EU/UK owners, where do you get the accessoires?

Sceneshifter
Apr 4, 2011, 05:45 AM
Hello lads,

Ive been looking for a skin and/or cover for my ipad 2 for a couple of weeks, but can only find stuff in the USA. Thats just fine, but they of course charge the price of the item for shipping alone.

Can anyone recommend a cover and skin brand (like Wrapsol or something) which is actually available (in stock) in the EU/UK and possible to order via internet? If linking to other stores is not allowed here, just post the name of the cover/skin and I^ll google my way towards a cover :-)

Thank you!

Ps: I have the smart cover, nice and all, but I definitely need something to protect the back...

Ysabel
Apr 4, 2011, 03:56 PM
Ordered the iPad 2 White Carbon Fibre Skin from eBay juststickitskins - free shipping at the moment - 8.09.

Got the iLuv anti-glare screen protector from MobileFun - pricey at 14.95 but it certainly cut out the glare.

Got the SD TabletWear Stand and Type iPad 2 Case - Black 15.95 from there as well. :)

iPadPhone
Apr 4, 2011, 04:38 PM
Ordered the iPad 2 White Carbon Fibre Skin from eBay juststickitskins - free shipping at the moment - 8.09.

Got the iLuv anti-glare screen protector from MobileFun - pricey at 14.95 but it certainly cut out the glare.

Got the SD TabletWear Stand and Type iPad 2 Case - Black 15.95 from there as well. :)

I also ordered the same skin. At that price you can't complain!

mark-in-mk
Apr 4, 2011, 04:44 PM
Sena have $9.99 fast Fedex shipping.

My slip case arrived today and is brilliant.

RossMc
Apr 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
eBay and Gearzap

spinstorm
Apr 4, 2011, 06:34 PM
I believe places like PC World and Currys etc now have cases and protectors.

I purchased a 12.95 proporta screen protector from Currys and it's basically invisible. Although it does show fingerprints big time!

I also have an SGP crystal protector from the US but I'm so happy with this protector I'm not gonna change it for now.

theautopilot
Apr 5, 2011, 04:35 AM
I generally use Amazon UK and eBay a bit. But often I order direct from the manufacturer in the States, because they often revise cases and that's the best way to get the up to date versions.

The problem with the iPad 2 is that they gave manufacturers the dimensions pre-launch as usual (so they have to to design, re-tool and get production rolling) but seems they did not know about the smart covers and magnets, so they are all in a scramble now to design and make new compatible products.

Give it a couple more weeks and we won't be able to move for iPad cases over here either.

Piarco
Apr 5, 2011, 07:42 AM
I believe places like PC World and Currys etc now have cases and protectors.

I purchased a 12.95 proporta screen protector from Currys and it's basically invisible. Although it does show fingerprints big time!

Yup, I got a proporta screen protector from Amazon, but it was 2 more expensive than PC World/Currys which surprised me when I saw it instore yesterday! PC World also stock a clear rear case, can't remember the make, for not a lot more - I would have picked it up but I would have wanted a smart cover friendly version.

I did pick up a rear case from a UK seller on ebay. Smart Cover friendly, and the design looks very much like an Incipio Feather. Should arrive today and may well post if it's any good. It was 9.99 and will do until my BSE arrives from the States...

franmatt80
Apr 5, 2011, 10:18 AM
I got a Clear Protector from Amazon.co.UK for about 15 all in. That and eBay seem to be the best source of accessories for the UK at the moment....

limesmoothie
Apr 5, 2011, 10:21 AM
Currys/comet/hmv and most mobile phone shops on high st. I managed to get a smart cover in hmv straightaway. I was in there at the weekend and they were selling off lots of iPad 1 cases - bought a Griffin folio type case and it fits iPad 2 perfectly. 35 reduced to 15.

Mrrikki
Apr 5, 2011, 03:08 PM
Got my screen protector from eBay and one from Currys. Got a carbon skin from US via Lucky Labs as postage is cheap!

Muscleflex
Apr 5, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yup, I got a proporta screen protector from Amazon, but it was 2 more expensive than PC World/Currys which surprised me when I saw it instore yesterday! PC World also stock a clear rear case, can't remember the make, for not a lot more - I would have picked it up but I would have wanted a smart cover friendly version.

I did pick up a rear case from a UK seller on ebay. Smart Cover friendly, and the design looks very much like an Incipio Feather. Should arrive today and may well post if it's any good. It was 9.99 and will do until my BSE arrives from the States...

Link pls to the rear case

Piarco
Apr 6, 2011, 04:15 AM
Link pls to the rear case

The ebay item is here: "iPad 2 Feather Case Work With Apple Smart Cover Bk"
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370497436785)
It hasn't arrived yet, so can't speak to the quality.

I'm fairly impressed by the Proporta screen protector though, despite misgivings. It actually covers more of the front than I'm used to with the brands I normally go for (SGP, Power Support) as it literally covers all of the glass from edge to edge when properly aligned. Most leave a fraction of a mm. The camera hole may be a little large though.
It's a finger print magnet, but I'd rather wipe down a screen protector than run the risk of a microscopic grain making it's way onto a cloth and scratching the glass...

Besides waiting for the BSE to arrive (dispatched yesterday) I've also ordered some iPad feet (http://www.idroplets.com)... worth $5 I thought!

Godzirra
Apr 6, 2011, 04:35 AM
I've been getting all my ipad stuff from sw-box.com. Had a few docks from them, and especially love their universal ipad/iphone dock, as you get the video out cables, usb the lot with it.

Delivery can be a pain at around 12, but then again, it is coming from China, and so far no complaints on any of their stuff, and waiting for another case for my old ipad and another one for the ipad2.