Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prettyboyian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
JUST RECEIVED THIS MORNING . LOOKS GOOD DEF CANT WORK WITH THE SMART COVER WHICH SUCKS. OR ANY OTHER CASE

20tp35x.jpg

10z653c.jpg

diacritic

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
Is it a tight fit? Will it accommodate an ipad with a skin? And is it sturdy? Is it firm when tapping on the top corners?

veryangrybirds

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
excited

glad to see that it has started to arrive. excited for mine.

looks good especially with my white ipad2.

can u take a photo of the back of the dock showing the cable connections?

Prettyboyian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
no there is no real need for unboxing. I wasn't really showing the unboxing being that its just one item in the box. more of showing how tight the fit is with ipad2. showing people who wanted to purchase it a real life picture.

it should fit with a thin skin on the back. def not with a plastic back cover.

pic of back coming in a minute

2u4ui4y.jpg

qqo9qh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
no there is no real need for unboxing. I wasn't really showing the unboxing being that its just one item in the box. more of showing how tight the fit is with ipad2. showing people who wanted to purchase it a real life picture.

it should fit with a thin skin on the back. def not with a plastic back cover.

pic of back coming in a minute

Thanks for the pics and unboxing, just placed an order! I think it will work with the juststickit rear covers etc

Last edited by a moderator:

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
What do you guys think about this dock? I see a lot of them shipping from Hong Kong on ebay right now. It looks like you might be able to let the Smart Cover rest in the extra slot/groove behind the docking slot. I'm guessing that the intended purpose of the second slot is to lay the iPad in landscape mode but I'm not sure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160561692433&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sync-Charger-Cr...812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2562560a24

ipad2dock.jpg

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I get wanting to be able to dock with a case on, but the smart cover is a different story. It was designed to be able to be removed and put back on VERY easily, so I don't get why it would matter if you could leave it on while it docks. I don't use the smartcover, or plan to get the dock, so maybe I'm missing something.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I get wanting to be able to dock with a case on, but the smart cover is a different story. It was designed to be able to be removed and put back on VERY easily, so I don't get why it would matter if you could leave it on while it docks. I don't use the smartcover, or plan to get the dock, so maybe I'm missing something.

I like an uncluttered desk and for me it's an issue of where am I going to put the darn smart cover if I have to remove it to place the ipad on a dock.

naevity

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2004
I like an uncluttered desk and for me it's an issue of where am I going to put the darn smart cover if I have to remove it to place the ipad on a dock.

could't you just fold it back into it's triangle when it's on the doc?

:confused:

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
What do you guys think about this dock? I see a lot of them shipping from Hong Kong on ebay right now. It looks like you might be able to let the Smart Cover rest in the extra slot/groove behind the docking slot. I'm guessing that the intended purpose of the second slot is to lay the iPad in landscape mode but I'm not sure...

Just placed an order, will post pics when it arrives.

Cheaper than the "official" iPad 2 dock so may cancel that!

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
could't you just fold it back into it's triangle when it's on the doc?

:confused:

YES. You can and it works fine.

My iPad 2 dock arrived today and if you simply fold the smart cover into a triangle before docking it works great still attached.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.