Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atomic or iCab?

• Atomic

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • iCab

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

dexter92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
I know there is already a thread on this, but I would love to visually see with a poll what people are deciding.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Neither, I have tried them, but for me the overlaid fast scroll bar in Perfect Browser, so I can scroll up and down a whole long web page by moving my finger around 3" on the iPad screen is the biggest plus of any 3rd party web browser.

dexter92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
I'm trying to decide which to buy. I used Atomic lite, but iCab just looks like it has a much better UI.

ZilogZ80

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
I voted for Atomic. To be fair, though, I've never used iCab. Atomic was the first one I purchased and so far it has been perfect for me.
lol, the very definition of a useless post, given the thread title. :D

I have used both but greatly prefer iCab. The UI is much better (plus Atomic always gives me those annoying memory warnings).

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I'm trying to decide which to buy. I used Atomic lite, but iCab just looks like it has a much better UI.

I would recommend spending the $3 (I believe) and using iCab. From what I've read around here they are very much alike, but most prefer the UI of iCab.

For those that have purchased iCab, does it allow you to DL on both iPad and iPhone without paying twice?

lol, the very definition of a useless post, given the thread title. :D

I have used both but greatly prefer iCab. The UI is much better (plus Atomic always gives me those annoying memory warnings).

Well, I'm sure there are much better examples on this board of useless posts. :rolleyes:

And where in the title did it say "for those that have used both"?

dexter92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
iCab is currently $2, Atomic is $1, and both are universal apps.

gquiring

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
SC
I have not tried iCab, but I use Atomic as my only browser on my iPad 2. I like the adblocking and Dropbox integration. Tab support works well and the finger gestures to get to the top/bottom of a page quickly are very handy. It also goes full screen with a simple three finger tap. The only issue I found is Etrade, none of the links work after logging into your acct.

I did a YouTube video a couple of weeks ago with the latest Atomic 5.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9mMy-lc8EY

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.