PDA

View Full Version : Does having a 'book' style cover annoy anyone?

juliancs
Apr 4, 2011, 02:47 PM
I've got an i2 on order and can't wait. I've got a smart cover on order as well but not so sure about that. My problem with these book style covers is that you have the lid to deal with at all times. I'm just wondering if these get in the way of gaming/propping on laps and all that. My thinking with the smart cover is that I can just take it off when not in use?
I've not had an ipad before so am curious as to what people think.

Many thanks,

WoodrowCall
Apr 4, 2011, 02:50 PM
I've got an i2 on order and can't wait. I've got a smart cover on order as well but not so sure about that. My problem with these book style covers is that you have the lid to deal with at all times. I'm just wondering if these get in the way of gaming/propping on laps and all that. My thinking with the smart cover is that I can just take it off when not in use?
I've not had an ipad before so am curious as to what people think.

Many thanks,

I have an iPad 2 and a smart cover. I find that it isn't inconvenient at all. I open it and fold it behind, or fold it up and use it to prop it up. Sometimes when I'm reading in bed, I just take it off and place it on the nightstand. I would've like to have seen it thrown in for free with my iPad 2, but I can't complain at all about its functionality.

drexfish
Apr 4, 2011, 02:56 PM
I dont mind the flipping open thing and it is pretty cool actually, but I dont like the fact that it is still open at the back which makes me worried for scratches and the like.

Chupa Chupa
Apr 4, 2011, 05:13 PM
Yes, I don't care for them. They make the iPad feel too bulky. My preference is for a super lightweight back. I had the Macally Metrolpad for my gen 1. Gen 2 I've gone naked except for a antiglare screen protector on the front and also cut down a screen protector for the flatter part of the back. I have a neoprene bag for travel. I think I'll stick with this unless I see a nice back w/ pop out stand.

MrMac'n'Cheese
Apr 4, 2011, 05:26 PM
As long as you don't mind teh marginal bulk increase,

I think a book case/disguise rises your nerd coolness quotient by 300% *wink*

I personally have a book case on order....

glen e
Apr 4, 2011, 05:47 PM
If you are going to have one case/skin/cover/whatever then yes a book type may not be for you. I can see it getting beat up if thrown in sacks, taken to the beach etc.

But like my clothes, I plan to have my pad in different environments/situations and they call for different ways to clad it. For around the house, sitting outside, on the boat, etc, I'll do a cover and a back - right now that's a smartcover, and icarbon and the xgear cover above.

But for business meetings and conferences, it's a case type all the way, as they go well with all the things that go along with wearing a suit and business attire.

One case maker has contacted me about what I would want to see in a more upscale business case....I replied more business leathers like cordovan, internal pockets, flaps and a few other things.