Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
This looks it could be a winner. I wish the site had more photos, but I love the idea of the aluminum back. And the ability to use your existing Smart cover is a huge plus. $49.99 is steep, especially since I already purchased the leather smart cover, but black leather with the Aviiq in black? hmmmm...

http://aviiq.com/products/case-stands/smart-case/

smartcase-1.jpg

2_peas_in-a-pad.jpg

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
I saw this earlier and thought it odd that there aren't any pictures of the front showing how much of the bezel is covered.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Nice looking. Not sure I'd want aluminum covering the antenna.

It looks like the 3G portion on the top is only plastic, but wasn't the wifi antenna through the Apple logo on the original iPad? Unless they moved it to the top, yeah, this aluminum back could really make that a mess for wifi.

Motoman104

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
Nice find, I like the look of it.

Use promo code: AVIIQLIKE to get 20%, it's from their Facebook page.

fgalias

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2011

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Good to know about the antenna, thanks!

I asked them on their facebook page about front photos, and they claim they are "coming soon." I think it's because all these images are computer created, and they don't have finished product yet. I'm still highly interested in this. So far to me, it's a cool looking case.

rondz

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Harbor Bay Isle
Treasure, I pre-ordered the silver one just now. I was going to get the InCase Magazine Jacket or a cheapy from eBay but this one definitely could be a winner, 30 day money back guarantee, sure why not!? I'm going to see how it works with my AT&T 3G iPad 2 and report my results if no one reports sooner. The ifixit teardown is what sold me, part where they explain that the antenna area is made of plastic not alu.

Last edited:

tool80

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
VERY interested... but I wonder if it will work with the Apple Dock...
(Still waiting.. VERY patiently....)

bender0069

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
Good to know about the antenna, thanks!

I asked them on their facebook page about front photos, and they claim they are "coming soon." I think it's because all these images are computer created, and they don't have finished product yet. I'm still highly interested in this. So far to me, it's a cool looking case.

They just posted pictures of the front of the case on their Facebook page. They aren't on their website yet.

ninerfan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
Hmmm, on their FB page and all I see is the back. Can you post a link to the page showing the front bezel? Thanks!

Never mind, found it!! Love the front, doesn't cover the bezel at all, very minimalist~!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.