Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
wow - this turned out better than I thought... and fits very well over my white iCarbon back for a "CF under glass" look - snaps on very tightly with no flex. I like it. Still thinner than my ipad1:

http://www.xgearlive.com/products/catalog/ipad-2

1c6c8600.jpg

3e4e154e.jpg

9c830961.jpg

dand1996

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2009
I have a incipio feather cover on my iPad now. Looks like the xgear does leave a little bit more open to the right of the speaker, but it does come down lower than the feather one other side of the dock. This case will come for me on Thursday. Kudos to xgear for being the firs company to actually ship a smartcover compatible case

Twitter @dpdesilva

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Ordered a slim back case from flea bay yesterday for $16 shipped (from the US). Should be here on Monday.

Figured if its crap, I'm not out too much, and can try the xgear later. I also like the fact that it covers the back and apple logo; figure it's safer to temporarily leave in my car when I'm out running errands.

perplex

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
yea i dont like how it doesnt cover the whole back by the speaker.

definitely an easy pass. but it looks good at least

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Her's Xgear's answer to the open spot near the speaker

> Dear Glen,
> This space is for future advancement that we can not discuss at the moment.
>
> Peter

Ummmmm...OK.....huh? A flat di-lithium crystal no doubt, to power the pad.....

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
How secure is this? Does it feel really secure on the back? How much force would it take to pry it off?

Thanks for posting!

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010

jreuschl

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
How well is the smart cover going to fold back with a layer on back though? (the eBay case)

gapdev

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
Dana Point, CA
I ordered the black one, received it today.

I like it so much that I ordered the Clear cover.

I'm hoping they come out with various colors to match the Smart Cover colors, as well as a Black Carbon Fiber cover.

Only problems are that fingerprints show and it is a tad too slippery. But, certainly better than scratching the back all to hell.

The Smart Cover, when folded to prop the iPad up seems to stay in place much better than without the cover enhancer.

Kenny

dand1996

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2009
I ordered the black one, received it today.

I like it so much that I ordered the Clear cover.

I'm hoping they come out with various colors to match the Smart Cover colors, as well as a Black Carbon Fiber cover.

Only problems are that fingerprints show and it is a tad too slippery. But, certainly better than scratching the back all to hell.

The Smart Cover, when folded to prop the iPad up seems to stay in place much better than without the cover enhancer.

Kenny

Thanks for the update, mine is coming tomorrow. Is the finish matte or glossy? Is there a noticeable bulk when holding it? I have the incipio feather now and it feels about the same as a naked ipad

rittchard

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Just received the Xgear yesterday. Snapped it on in a second and it seems to work great with the Smart Cover. All in all a nice combo (though expensive) to keep the iPad protected but not at all bulky. This will be my general "at home" combo from now on.

dand1996

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2009
Got mine today, absolutely love it, snaps on nice but not too hard that your afraid it'll scratch. I have zero worries about it falling off.

I got the black and it has a great matte feel

Exactly what I wanted

@dpdesilva

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.