PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pre-order the PSP??

lfielder06
Mar 1, 2005, 10:48 AM
Ok well I just pre-ordered my psp (and mvp baseball) from my local EB games. After paying for it they told me that I was number 41 on the list. Being this low there is no way that I will be able to get the first shipment and possible that I wont get the second shipment either. Does anyone know what I should do. I was thinking about getting my money back and just trying my luck at walmart or Best Buy on march 24th. Any opinions??

clayj
Mar 1, 2005, 11:43 AM
I ordered one on Sunday from ebgames.com... a friend of mine who's a DJ got a PSP through an import service and let me play with it Saturday night... he didn't have any games or videos yet, so all he could do was show pictures and play MPEGs off the memory stick, but the thing was DAMN SLICK.

I might not get mine in the first wave, but I'll be OK waiting for it... I think. My opinion: Stick with the order. If you do see the PSP somewhere else before you get it from EB Games, call EB Games and see if you can cancel the order. They probably won't care, since there'll be someone else right behind you to pick up the item.

Vader
Mar 1, 2005, 07:25 PM
I was going to pre-order one today, but I ran out of time, I guess I will get one ordered when my brother comes in this weekend, possibly after my play Friday night?

Xenious
Mar 1, 2005, 09:06 PM
I was going to pre-order but everyone has all these giant bundles...jeez. I don't think it will be that hard to get at launch. Everyone who is very hard core already has a Japanese one. Only system I ever had to pre-order to get was the PS2, the rest I got at launch.

clayj
Mar 1, 2005, 09:07 PM
I was going to pre-order but everyone has all these giant bundles...jeez. I don't think it will be that hard to get at launch. Everyone who is very hard core already has a Japanese one. Only system I ever had to pre-order to get was the PS2, the rest I got at launch.The EB Games bundle isn't too bad, because you get to choose the three games and one accessory that you want... unlike the Gamestop bundles, where everything is chosen for you.

lfielder06
Mar 1, 2005, 09:13 PM
I was going to pre-order but everyone has all these giant bundles...jeez. I don't think it will be that hard to get at launch. Everyone who is very hard core already has a Japanese one. Only system I ever had to pre-order to get was the PS2, the rest I got at launch.

If you go into stores you can just pre-order the system. It is $20 bucks at EBgames. From what I understand this one is going to be very difficult to get at launch as most stores are either no longer offering pre-orders or have started taking pre-orders for the second shipment. It will be interesting to see how difficult it will be to get one at launch.

Vader
Mar 5, 2005, 11:25 PM
I pre-ordered mine today at GameStop, $50.
I get 20% extra on game trades if I out it towards the PSP.
I am on for the second shipment though.

risc
Mar 6, 2005, 03:43 AM
I ordered my PSP from play-asia.com late last year and I love it, way over priced and it sucks watching the import prices drop so fast, but I love the hardware and I'm sure you all will too.

I currently own Ridge Racers, Lumines, Puyo Pop Fever, Vampire Chronicles, and Namco Museum is in transit at the moment. The games I recommend everyone get would be Ridge Racers, and Lumines both games are amazing!

Be sure to check out iPSP (http://kaisakura.com/iPSP/index.html) it's come a long way since version 1.0.

Have fun with your PSPs guys!

krustie
Mar 6, 2005, 04:23 AM
is a psp the playstation 3?

Kirk
Mar 6, 2005, 04:57 AM
is a psp the playstation 3?

Itís the Playstation Portable:

http://www.us.playstation.com/aboutpsp/aboutpsp.aspx

Macamus Prime
Mar 6, 2005, 02:32 PM
I am not pre-ordering this. I think it is too expensive. I will most likely buy it later on. But, right now, the DS is where I do all my portable gameplay.

aethier
Mar 6, 2005, 04:19 PM
i pre ordered a few weeks ago at the local ebgames, i am number 10 on the list. i also ordered : dynasty warriors, Ridge racers, lumines, NFSU:rivals, and fifa soccer.

i can hardly wait.