PDA

View Full Version : Min specs for Lion

mrsir2009
Apr 4, 2011, 11:18 PM
What are your guesses for the min specs of Lion. I think 2GB of RAM will be required, as Apple no longer makes computers with less than 2GB. Processor will probably be 1GHz or over.

?

Intell
Apr 4, 2011, 11:22 PM
The CPU will be no less then an Intell Core 2 Duo, with older Intell CPUs being supported only via a hack.

alust2013
Apr 4, 2011, 11:25 PM
What are your guesses for the min specs of Lion. I think 2GB of RAM will be required, as Apple no longer makes computers with less than 2GB. Processor will probably be 1GHz or over.

?

2GB, definitely. I'm not sure where you got the 1GHz from, as there haven't been any with a clock speed lower than 1.4GHz (current 11" air) since the Intel transition, and there isn't a PPC version. It's Core 2 Duo or higher, and I believe apple has already released those specs with the developer preview.

mrsir2009
Apr 5, 2011, 01:54 PM
2GB, definitely. I'm not sure where you got the 1GHz from, as there haven't been any with a clock speed lower than 1.4GHz (current 11" air) since the Intel transition, and there isn't a PPC version. It's Core 2 Duo or higher, and I believe apple has already released those specs with the developer preview.

Heh, this means by Dad's 2006 MBP is no longer supported :rolleyes: