PDA

View Full Version : Facebook 3.4

m477h3w
Apr 5, 2011, 09:14 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the latest Facebook update for the iPhone app? I am running it on an iPhone 4 and the news feed wont work. It just says "No Internet Connection, Try Agian". The rest of the app works fine, and I am connected to the internet.

big samm
Apr 5, 2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe their servers are down or something... I know i got no problem with fb right now...
My biggest beef was the chat... It would always log you in... Now it stays offline all the time witch i like!! I couldn't stand it!!

Sent from my iPad 3G using Tapatalk

m477h3w
Apr 5, 2011, 09:52 AM
Ummm, seems like the news feed works on Wifi but not 3G, very strange!!!

CylonGlitch
Apr 5, 2011, 10:01 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the latest Facebook update for the iPhone app? I am running it on an iPhone 4 and the news feed wont work. It just says "No Internet Connection, Try Agian". The rest of the app works fine, and I am connected to the internet.

I really don't like the Facebook App, I have found it to do funky things with my IPhone4. I have narrowed it down to this app that, after using it and getting the "no Internet Connection" message, the whole wifi/3G on the phone is wacky from that point on (many other apps won't communicate correctly). Yeah, I know it sounds strange but if I go in and close the app it often fixes the problem. Sometimes I have to result in rebooting the phone. Thus I don't really use it anymore.

iSaint
Apr 5, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ummm, seems like the news feed works on Wifi but not 3G, very strange!!!

The wifi provider may have filters.

I have problems uploading photos with Facebook for iPhone. If I delete and reinstall, it will work for about a week or so.

m477h3w
Apr 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
It's so strange because I have never really had problems with the Facebook app until updating to 4.3. The internet on my phone is working fine, the whole FB app loads and works fine except the News Feed, which wont load on 3G, but will on Wifi.

I have just checked on the FB iPhone app installed on my iPad and it's the exact same behaviour :(

RyanJW
Apr 6, 2011, 12:10 PM
Same problem, no wall outside of wifi yet can still view/post actual profiles. Looks like some kind of sniffing trying to detect a connection and failing to pick up non-wifi connectivity.

Incidentally I'm also in the UK on an iPhone 4. What's your carrier? Mine's Orange. Currently trying to get people with the same set-up to reproduce. Major screw-up by Facebook if this affects all Orange or maybe even all UK users.

MBP13
Apr 6, 2011, 04:06 PM
My biggest gripe with the iPhone 4 Facebook app is that it freezes up about once (or multiple times) a day, and the only way for the app to unfreeze is for me to turn off and turn on my phone. Sometimes, if I just click an icon and go back while in the app, it freezes up.

m477h3w
Apr 7, 2011, 01:24 AM
Incidentally I'm also in the UK on an iPhone 4. What's your carrier? Mine's Orange. Currently trying to get people with the same set-up to reproduce. Major screw-up by Facebook if this affects all Orange or maybe even all UK users.

Yep I'm on Orange in the UK as well. There are a lot of people writing negative reviews on the app store because of this problem so at least we are not the only ones affected. Could well be a problem for Orange UK users only.

My biggest gripe with the iPhone 4 Facebook app is that it freezes up about once (or multiple times) a day, and the only way for the app to unfreeze is for me to turn off and turn on my phone. Sometimes, if I just click an icon and go back while in the app, it freezes up.

I've never had that issue myself.

SMH827
Apr 7, 2011, 07:40 AM
Same problems here too. The whole app appears to function expect for the news feed with the 'no internet connection' message. Orange, UK.

No issues on WiFi.

TheFlashGuy
Apr 7, 2011, 12:53 PM
My girlfriend is having the same problem since the last update, she has IPhone 3GS and is on Orange Network. Can only see news feed when connected to Wifi

big samm
Apr 7, 2011, 05:33 PM
Now we can see who got friended in the news feed... Is that new? I don't remember the doing that...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

jasonm534
Apr 7, 2011, 06:43 PM
I upgraded to the 3.4 version and now I can't see pictures in the newsfeed on my iphone, how do I fix this

hak187
Apr 8, 2011, 10:20 AM
I upgraded to the 3.4 version and now I can't see pictures in the newsfeed on my iphone, how do I fix this

A fix for the news feed, and like/comment issue with the update. Go to m.facebook.com in the safari browser, scroll to the bottom and go to "settings", under "Photos" select "Max". This fixed my problems with the iPhone app. Apparently the app pulls the news feed from m.facebook.com, and at least on mine, it had gotten set to not show pictures.

RyanJW
Apr 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
Looks like the app is now automatically using the old feed and is working properly as before the update.

To be honest I have a feeling Facebook is following YouTube's lead and is working towards phasing out the app in favour of encouraging people to use te mobile site so they don't have to support several apps.

Facebook's mobile site was revamped a couple of weeks or so ago and is now totally optimised for the retina display (high-res icons), and if you save the link to your home screen it uses a proper icon just for the iPhone and opens up the site in Safari's app mode where the address bar and stuff is hidden. In other words it's an awful lot like using a native app.

Wouldn't surprise me if the app eventually becomes a frontend for the mobile site. That's pretty much all this new news feed is.

m477h3w
Apr 11, 2011, 12:55 AM
Yeah looks like it is working again now, kind of. The app seems to load the old design news feed on 3G, and the new design version when on Wifi. Strange!

jive turkey
Apr 11, 2011, 12:21 PM
That I can no longer view the news feed by friends lists ticks me off! :p I hate this update with a passion.

patp
Apr 11, 2011, 09:42 PM
I'm getting it intermittently too. The news feed will go totally blank or no Internet connection message.

Def a bug with the latest update.

ps89
Apr 12, 2011, 05:38 AM
Not to mention, push notifications are not working too. Sigh...

cpanc1984
Apr 12, 2011, 11:44 AM
facebook app needs some revolution kind of thing pretty same app every update am bored looking in to it.

LeahM
Apr 12, 2011, 04:31 PM
My app keeps shutting down if I look on someone's page for too long.. After the 1 minute mark it shuts down (just the app)

jimmythecrip
Apr 14, 2011, 07:54 AM
I am also getting the no internet connection message on my iphone4 when i try to access news feed in facebook. All other functions work as normal, profile, friends etc. Seems to be a fb problem can't cope with mobile interfaces. :confused: