PDA

View Full Version : I heard red smart cover ships way faster than 2-3 weeks time. True?

hcho3
Apr 5, 2011, 10:27 AM
I think I saw someone posting here in this thread about they ordered red smart cover on monday and got it shipped on 3-5 business days later.

Is anyone experiencing this? I see that smart cover-red is still on back order for 2-3 weeks, but I ordered it just now. I really hope it ships very soon and not like 2-3 weeks. That would be a pain.

Dear recent US-red smart cover buyers, do you guys see red smart covers shipping out faster than usual?

Please post and let me know. Thanks.

CrzySausageBaby
Apr 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
Mine "shipped" super quick.....its only a 20 minute drive to the nearest Best Buy! :)

hcho3
Apr 5, 2011, 10:31 AM
Mine "shipped" super quick.....its only a 20 minute drive to the nearest Best Buy! :)

Red smart cover is not being sold at best buy. Red smart cover is exclusive to Apple store and Apple.com only. Thanks for your inputs. I said red because I want red. Enjoy your blue/green/black/tan/pink/blue navy colors.

jck1634
Apr 5, 2011, 10:31 AM
I mentioned this yesterday on another thread. That's absolutely correct. At least it is here in the UK. I ordered it last Wednesday, and just got it a few hours ago, even though the store website lists it as 2-3 weeks shipping.

hcho3
Apr 5, 2011, 10:33 AM
I mentioned this yesterday on another thread. That's absolutely correct. At least it is here in the UK. I ordered it last Wednesday, and just got it a few hours ago, even though the store website lists it as 2-3 weeks shipping.

Thank you. I remember the post, but I just could not find it.

jck1634
Apr 5, 2011, 10:35 AM
Correction: ordered it on Thursday. :p

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 5, 2011, 10:56 AM
Mine took about 2 weeks to get from apple.com... I wanted to return it - took it to the apple store and they said they could only give me a gift card b/c it was past 14 days and was done online. I guess ill have to send it back unless there are any takers... Im going to get the carbon fiber one when it comes out instead.

clyde2801
Apr 5, 2011, 11:45 AM
How are they holding up? A blue shirt at my local best buy had one on his, and it looked awful.

Beat up black or tan leather looks like it would age better than red.

jck1634
Apr 5, 2011, 01:05 PM
If Iím honest, as it is, itís nice. But I personally think that bright red will look better once itís aged a little bit. Thatís the great thing about leather. It looks better aged and with a few scuff marks here and there. But thatís just my personal opinion. :)

Pballer110
Apr 5, 2011, 01:32 PM
How are they holding up? A blue shirt at my local best buy had one on his, and it looked awful.

Beat up black or tan leather looks like it would age better than red.

Had mine for 3 weeks now and it looks terrible it gets worse everyday. I wish I would have gotten the black.

thibaulthalpern
Apr 5, 2011, 01:59 PM
If Iím honest, as it is, itís nice. But I personally think that bright red will look better once itís aged a little bit. Thatís the great thing about leather. It looks better aged and with a few scuff marks here and there. But thatís just my personal opinion. :)

I wish Apple went with something more classy like cordovan. The colour cordovan is very typical for leather (especially leather shoes) after black and tan/brown.