Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

memphismac

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2003
Anybody here have any experience buying Office 2004 on eBay? I'm not familiar with how the registration/key/serial number/etc. stuff works, and I want to make sure I don't spend a decent chunk of change on something that doesn't work when I get it.

I'd also like to be on the up-and-up with Microsoft so I could upgrade it someday.

Brian

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
memphismac said:
Anybody here have any experience buying Office 2004 on eBay? I'm not familiar with how the registration/key/serial number/etc. stuff works, and I want to make sure I don't spend a decent chunk of change on something that doesn't work when I get it.

I'd also like to be on the up-and-up with Microsoft so I could upgrade it someday.

Brian

i'd either make sure it's in the plastic wrap still.. no excuses.. or buy it from a reputable reseller.

kejur

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2005
Office 2004

I've got a sealed copy of 2004 and am looking to sell it. I've never used it and don't have a need for it. It is 100% new. It sells new in stores for $399. I'm asking $250. Let me know if interested.

kejow@yahoo.com

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
Just to be clear ... "sealed" and "in plastic wrap" can be different things. Sealing might refer to some kind of tamper-evident sticker on the box, whereas many people have access to plastic wrapping equipment to re-wrap an open box... right?

Sorry if this is too obvious, just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

kejur

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2005
Office 2004

My sealed office 2004 is still "sealed" within the "original" wrapping. If plastic wrapping is the correct term then it is still sealed within its original plastic wrapping. Unopened, unused, un-anything.

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Just shop around - i did and I got it for much cheaper. I personally wouldn't buy software off ebay.

I got mine (Teacher and Student Edition) for $250AUD (with $75AUD cashback) when they normally sell for $299. :cool:

Just do a google search for "Microsoft Office 2004 $" and im sure u will be able to find it much cheaper and wont have to risk those shonks on ebay. :)

EDIT: or just buy it off kejur. Sounds like a good deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.