PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Ebay case today

WeAre138
Apr 5, 2011, 02:23 PM
I found the case I ordered from Ebay back on the 12th of March. It was a surprise because I honestly forgot I had ordered it. It was around 3 bucks or so plus 9 for shipping. It doesn't seem like that bad of a case. The camera hole is a little off but not bad and the bottom edge of the home button is covered which for some reason really irritates me when I use it. It does fold over to make a stand in landscape mode but it is a little wobbly.

Oh yea almost forgot, it smells like ass. Well, like chemical ass I guess. It really has no odor when it is closed but as soon as you open it up to use your Ipad, ouch. Since I didn't pay much for it, I will probably try and air it out because I am guessing it would cost me more to send it back to them in Hong Kong than what I paid for it. My STM Skinny should be here later this week (I hope) so no big deal.
Yea, I know, its from Hong Kong, sold on Ebay for 3 or 4 bucks so quality wasn't going to be award winning but I didn't expect the smell. If it airs out it will be a decent case. The blue color is pretty.

bkarre
Apr 5, 2011, 07:22 PM
What does the leather feel like? Is it similar to vinyl?

I think I may have ordered the black version of this on a whim to avoid paying $70 for a black leather smart cover, but coming from Hong Kong I likely won't have it for a while.

What was the seller's name?

N23
Apr 5, 2011, 08:48 PM
I bought the same case from another seller from NJ. Except mine is black and didn't smell, lol.
I think it's great considering the price. Slim, protective, sleep/wake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220758440944&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1858wt_922

bigstar81
Apr 5, 2011, 08:49 PM
How does it function in the upright position?

WeAre138
Apr 5, 2011, 08:55 PM
I got it from Electronic-wholeseller. I feels about the same as the 35 dollar cases they care for the first iPad at walmart. I hit it with a heavy dose of Fabreeze and let it sit on the back porch for a while and the smell has gotten better. It has magnets to keep the front closed but no sleep/wake function. Really not a bad case now that the stink has gone down some.

Sundancer007
Apr 5, 2011, 09:08 PM
I bought the same case from another seller from NJ. Except mine is black and didn't smell, lol.
I think it's great considering the price. Slim, protective, sleep/wake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220758440944&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1858wt_922

N23, i ordered that same black case from the guy in NJ. I bascially wanted it for when i took it to the Ipad out somewhere and when i was home i won't use it. I will just use the smart cover.

Does the sleep/wake function work and when you open the case and when you fold the front cover back around to the back and use it like a book, does the sleep/wake function turn the Ipad off like the Yoobao case? I can get by any of the bad things for the 14.00 price unless it smells like Azz. I guess i could air it out for a week or so.

N23
Apr 5, 2011, 09:19 PM
N23, i ordered that same black case from the guy in NJ. I bascially wanted it for when i took it to the Ipad out somewhere and when i was home i won't use it. I will just use the smart cover.

Does the sleep/wake function work and when you open the case and when you fold the front cover back around to the back and use it like a book, does the sleep/wake function turn the Ipad off like the Yoobao case? I can get by any of the bad things for the 14.00 price unless it smells like Azz. I guess i could air it out for a week or so.

With the right amount of pressure to the right side the cover will activate the sleep/wake.
But you really have to try and press down, it honestly never happened to me until I intentionally tried to recreate the issue.

I guess because I'm right-handed and I'm normally gripping the iPad on the left side.
But even with the iPad resting in my lap it doesn't go to sleep.

So unless you're left-handed I don't think it should be a big problem.

Sundancer007
Apr 6, 2011, 12:18 AM
With the right amount of pressure to the right side the cover will activate the sleep/wake.
But you really have to try and press down, it honestly never happened to me until I intentionally tried to recreate the issue.

I guess because I'm right-handed and I'm normally gripping the iPad on the left side.
But even with the iPad resting in my lap it doesn't go to sleep.

So unless you're left-handed I don't think it should be a big problem.

Thanks. It was hard to pass up at that price. Now if it doesn't smell to bad or i can air it out, i think i will like it just fine.

N23
Apr 6, 2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks. It was hard to pass up at that price. Now if it doesn't smell to bad or i can air it out, i think i will like it just fine.

Should be fine in that department, mine didn't smell at all.