Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsgreen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I have an iPad 2 (4.3) and wanted to test my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard with it. I was excited when it worked, but if I type at a decent speed it will infinitely repeat a random keystroke until o get out of the input area. It works perfectly unless I try to type faster than 10-20 wpm. I couldn't find anyone with this specific bug. Anyone heard of it? Is it the keyboard or Apple? Any fixes?

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
How are the batteries in your keyboard? New? I am using a bluetooth keyboard {case} and have no issues with that typing at 25-30 wpm. I would try another keyboard before officially ruling it as the iPad. I don't have another keyboard to try, so I can only comment on the one I am using right now.

dsgreen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
How are the batteries in your keyboard? New? I am using a bluetooth keyboard {case} and have no issues with that typing at 25-30 wpm. I would try another keyboard before officially ruling it as the iPad. I don't have another keyboard to try, so I can only comment on the one I am using right now.

The batteries are fully charged. I did notice that it works fine in pages. Seems to only do the repeating key in search boxes, both safari and amazon apps. I'll try others later this evening.

mrosenbaum

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2013
iPad Bluetooth Keyboard Repeating (key stuck) Problem SOLVED

I started having this lock/stuck key that repeats itself until the bluetooth drops the connection. I have been using a Logitech Keyboard for iPad (which I love) and my key repeating problem started a month or so ago. I shifted yesterday for the Apple Keyboard and the problem continued.

SOLVED: by doing a HARD RESET on the iPad and working great again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.