PDA

View Full Version : Vaja Liberto case for iPad 2 - YES or NO ???

born4sky
Apr 5, 2011, 03:58 PM
Thinking of picking up Vaja case for my iPad 2, total cost $180 shipped... Whats your opinion about it? Its very expensive, but I got $40 case already that I am about to through out... I just dont want to waste any more money.

Book Jacket by inCase (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/book-jacket-cl57923) is very bulky

Magazine jacket by inCase (http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/magazine-jacket-cl57925) - why do they have to replicate stupid smart cover, and whats the deal with a back of it?

Yoobao is a great case, but it's smells BAD - more info (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1131499)

r6girl
Apr 5, 2011, 04:08 PM
You must mean the Libretto. ;)

I had their version of this case for the iPad 1 and loved it. Vaja cases are expensive but they're quite well made and I never regretted it once. Though I had several other cases for my iPad, I used that Vaja case (it was called the Agenda 2 for the iPad 1) almost exclusively after I received it.

With that said, I don't think I'll be getting one for my iPad 2 since I'm realizing I will probably just end up upgrading to each new iPad model every year and it doesn't make sense to buy such expensive accessories in light of this. I'm trying to limit myself with my iPad 2 with one heavy duty case for traveling and a SmartCover for use around the house.

If you get one, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

sotie
Apr 5, 2011, 04:25 PM
You must mean the Libretto. ;)

I had their version of this case for the iPad 1 and loved it. Vaja cases are expensive but they're quite well made and I never regretted it once. Though I had several other cases for my iPad, I used that Vaja case (it was called the Agenda 2 for the iPad 1) almost exclusively after I received it.

With that said, I don't think I'll be getting one for my iPad 2 since I'm realizing I will probably just end up upgrading to each new iPad model every year and it doesn't make sense to buy such expensive accessories in light of this. I'm trying to limit myself with my iPad 2 with one heavy duty case for traveling and a SmartCover for use around the house.

If you get one, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I went through the same thought process. I paid $280 + $20 shipping for my Vaja Agenda 2 and I don't want to do that every year.

WoodrowCall
Apr 5, 2011, 04:54 PM
I went through the same thought process. I paid $280 + $20 shipping for my Vaja Agenda 2 and I don't want to do that every year.

!!!:eek: $300 for a case...

Muscleflex
Apr 5, 2011, 05:07 PM
Magazine case looks nice

born4sky
Apr 5, 2011, 05:52 PM

it's $180 now

sotie
Apr 5, 2011, 07:35 PM
it's $180 now

Looks like Vaja just dropped the price to $160.

johnc22
Apr 5, 2011, 07:48 PM
My last iPhone 4 case started delaminating and attempts to get support from Vaja went unanswered. Unless you think you'll use the iPad 2 for a few years it's just not worth it, IMO, build quality issues aside.

sotie
Apr 5, 2011, 08:01 PM
My last iPhone 4 case started delaminating and attempts to get support from Vaja went unanswered. Unless you think you'll use the iPad 2 for a few years it's just not worth it, IMO, build quality issues aside.

I also had a negative experience with their customer service. When I received my Agenda 2 for the original ipad there was a bit of loose stitching on the rear flap. I contacted customer service the same day it was delivered and they said I could send it back but I would have to wait over 30 days for a replacement to be shipped. I thought they should have offered to send me the next case off the production line instead of making me get in the end of line again.

skids929
May 6, 2011, 08:32 PM
If you can stomach their awful, and I mean awful customer service, then yes get the case. I just got mine, and after buying and returning several, the Libretto is hands down one of the top cases available today for the iPad2.

Keep in mind, you will overpay, wait a loooong time to get it, and their service sucks, but you will probably be happy once you do. It's every bit as nice as you think it is from the pictures. Love mine.

DaveOZ
May 6, 2011, 08:53 PM
I just ordered one for me new iPad. My Vaja Agenda 2 on my iPad 1 has served me perfectly and I love it. Their cases are the best in the world end of story.

After buying 2 cases from them in the past, I've found the best way to deal with vaja is to order the case and forget about it. Don't bother chasing them. One day you will get a nice surprise in the mail. ;)

TroyJam
May 6, 2011, 11:20 PM
After buying 2 cases from them in the past, I've found the best way to deal with vaja is to order the case and forget about it. Don't bother chasing them. One day you will get a nice surprise in the mail. ;)

This ^

skids929
May 7, 2011, 09:55 PM

This is very good advice.