Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
So what are your guy's favorite colognes? I own like 60 different colognes and the top three have got to be;

Versace Pour Homme
versace-pour-homme-m.jpg

Gucci Pour Homme 2
item_904.jpg

and Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch
Fierce.jpg

My current newest scent is Kenneth Cole's Reaction
kenneth-cole-reaction-cologne-kenneth-cole-eau-toilette-spray-men619311.jpg

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I kind of like the smell of Fierce, but overall I'm not very big into cologne since it bothers me, and I always keep it low in case it bothers others.

Scents-wise, I love the smell of plain sandalwood. It has to be mixed with a neutral base before you wear it but it is a very nice, clean, masculine smell.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
Givenchi Pi and Dolce Gabana The One are nice smells. The are a tad sweet smelling, which I like, but not too much.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
Curve

First time I wore it, some Latina came up to me and sniffed me and told me how good I smelled. X number of years later, I don't know how many times I've been told I smell good. Usually some kind of hug is involved :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
HugoBoss6.jpg

Hugo Boss is my absolute favourite. I love it. Only use it for special occasions though.

CK%20One%20EDT%20Spray.jpg

Light, fruity. I used to wear this one when I visited the girlfriend at university. Date cologne.

tommy_hilfiger_tommy_cologne_men__28380_zoom.jpg

Day to day stuff. Can't fault it, just I find it pretty basic.

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Dolce & Gabbana - The One (this is my day to day stuff during the winter)
dolce-gabbana-one-eau-toilette-spray15135.jpg
YSL - L'Homme (I alternate this with the D&G above for day to day wear during the fall and winte)
t_24500.jpg
Polo - Double Black (I use this when going out to dinner or for "fancier" occasions, I find it too overpowering for day to day wear but it's nice occasionally)
polo-double-black-42-spray-ralphlaurent.jpg
Bulgari (aka BVLGARI) - Aqva (this is my day to day stuff in the spring and summer, it's not as powerful as my winter wear which would cause people to be gassed if worn in the summer)
bvlgari_aqva_pour_homme_m.gif
Ermenegildo Zenga - Colonia (this is my "fancy" stuff for summer. It's only used for special occasions during the spring and summer.)
article200_zegna_colonia-200x0.jpg

@Sam Yikin - The fact that I wear cologne, does not make me a douchebag. Someone who wears Axe or the like is a douchbag though, and cheap to boot. Now I will agree, someone who bathes themselves in cologne is a douchebag, I've met those people and I hate them; walking through the halls of a high school it's like being in a vat of Fierce (I hate that crap).

-Don

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Bulgari (aka BVLGARI) - Aqva (this is my day to day stuff in the spring and summer, it's not as powerful as my winter wear which would cause people to be gassed if worn in the summer)

This is my every day stuff year round. Absolutely phenomenal product. If you don't know what it smells like, I recommend you go to a dept store and try it out.

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
I've got 3 depending on what the occasion is:

1. My "every day" at home stuff is "Essential" by Lacoste.

2. My "at work" smell that I wear to work is "Black Code" by Armani.

3. My "going out" for special occasions is "London for Men" by Burberry.

However, the other month I was in A&F and picked up some of their "Fierce" cologne cause I couldn't get the smell out of my nose. I ran out of all 3 soon after so it was a good thing I did. However, I've noticed some things about it, chiefly, that it's targeted for women. If I wear it, very few guys can ever pick up the smell of it. Yet, women constantly comment on it. It makes me wonder if it's been tailored to female-only scent receptors.

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Versace pour homme, Polo Double Black, Polo Blue

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 753
  • images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 740
  • images-2.jpg
    images-2.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 741

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
This is my every day stuff year round. Absolutely phenomenal product. If you don't know what it smells like, I recommend you go to a dept store and try it out.

Agreed, absolutely wonderful cologne. I'll be unimaginably pissed if the ever discontinue it. I wish I could wear it all year, but I just find that it is really underwhelming in the colder months. Everyone else has something stronger on in the fall/winter, so I'm forced to switch in order to compete for cologne compliments, lol.

I use this. I get compliments all the time.

41YZuiD4qAL._AA300_.jpg

I used to use Euphoria a lot, but it seemed like everyone started using it shortly thereafter. I just ended up blending in with other people, which kind of defeats the purpose of cologne in my opinion. It is a good scent, although it has become a close second (in terms of usage) to Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce in a high school setting, which is also a factor that ruined it for me.

-Don

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
I will be sitting in the no-perfume section of the restaurant. The stuff gives me a headache.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.