PDA

View Full Version : You might wanna get a stylus...

brudog68
Apr 5, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm really diggin this stylus thang...

I went to BB last night for a new case (Targus Versavu/360 (http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ045US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=for%20Mac%20Cases%20%26%20Accessories), really like this too btw) and thought I'd grab a stylus while I was there (Targus 2 n 1)

I've not touched the screen without it since. I only got one to occasionally write a few notes, but am finding I prefer using it for all navigation.

Sure I could type a little faster without it, but for what little content I usually
write, I've been typing with it as well.

Keeps smudges and fingerprints off my still naked screen, punches the home button well etc...

I'm sure there will be many actions I will prefer finger touch, but so far so good.

Just sayin for those who haven't considered the need or desire for a stylus, it might just be some of the best $10-30 you spend on accessories.

Also, considering I have nothing to compare, I'd have to give this Targus 2 n 1 (http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=AMM02US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=for%20Mac%20Cases%20%26%20Accessories)stylus a fairly good review...glides well, no squeeks, feels good to me anyway.

CrzySausageBaby
Apr 5, 2011, 09:33 PM
lol, you make me laugh :rolleyes:

Aqua Bliss
Apr 5, 2011, 09:40 PM
Cool story, bro

MrMac'n'Cheese
Apr 5, 2011, 09:46 PM
I'm nominating the OP for a Nobel literature prize in the story category ::D

bluemonkeyguy
Apr 5, 2011, 09:49 PM
Riveting tale, chap. :cool:

brudog68
Apr 5, 2011, 10:07 PM
Haha...well, the real tragedy of it all, was it took my redneck arse an hour to post that from the iPad...would've been the case with or without my beloved stylus,lol...

Finally had to give up and use the laptop to finish it...

So...HOW DO YOU SCROLL WITHIN THE DARN TEXT BOX when composing a post when the content exceeds the box? Surely I'm missing a super secret keystroke or gesture, this new ipad2 is my first apple gig btw.

Carry on

MrMac'n'Cheese
Apr 5, 2011, 10:35 PM
Haha...well, the real tragedy of it all, was it took my redneck arse an hour to post that from the iPad...would've been the case with or without my beloved stylus,lol...

So...HOW DO YOU SCROLL WITHIN THE DARN TEXT BOX when composing a post when the content exceeds the box? Surely I'm missing a super secret keystroke or gesture, this new ipad2 is my first apple gig btw.

Carry on

when typing under "go advanced" the little arrows that point up and down stretch or shrink the boxes.

solaris7
Apr 5, 2011, 10:47 PM
Extraordinary tale of adventure, sir.

brudog68
Apr 5, 2011, 10:54 PM
when typing under "go advanced" the little arrows that point up and down stretch or shrink the boxes.

Many thanks!

MrMac'n'Cheese
Apr 5, 2011, 11:15 PM
Many thanks!

Happy to be of service...:p

ravenas
Apr 6, 2011, 01:03 AM

I don't get this odd bit of culture from MR. Do you mean to belittle the poster for offering a simplified DUH! factoid? Or is this supposed to be a genuine compliment?

FWIW, I own a couple of Styli myself. Works much better for drawing and writing apps.

TrulyYuki
Apr 6, 2011, 12:57 PM
I'm really diggin this stylus thang...

I went to BB last night for a new case (Targus Versavu/360 (http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=THZ045US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=for%20Mac%20Cases%20%26%20Accessories), really like this too btw) and thought I'd grab a stylus while I was there (Targus 2 n 1)

I've not touched the screen without it since. I only got one to occasionally write a few notes, but am finding I prefer using it for all navigation.

Sure I could type a little faster without it, but for what little content I usually
write, I've been typing with it as well.

Keeps smudges and fingerprints off my still naked screen, punches the home button well etc...

I'm sure there will be many actions I will prefer finger touch, but so far so good.

Just sayin for those who haven't considered the need or desire for a stylus, it might just be some of the best $10-30 you spend on accessories.

Also, considering I have nothing to compare, I'd have to give this Targus 2 n 1 (http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=AMM02US&PageName=Targus%20for%20Mac&productCategoryId=-1&bucketTypeId=194&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=products&cp=&bannertxt=for%20Mac%20Cases%20%26%20Accessories)stylus a fairly good review...glides well, no squeeks, feels good to me anyway.

Have you seen or tried the Griffin Stylus. I'm waiting until we get them in the store to try them. I've seen a customer's and well, it felt awesome. And it had a bit of weight to it so it just felt sturdy and not week like the pogo stick we sell.

Stetrain
Apr 6, 2011, 01:01 PM

Carry on

Try scrolling with two fingers. :)

Mac'nCheese
Apr 6, 2011, 01:04 PM

Father?

nomik2
Apr 6, 2011, 03:15 PM

You use two finger scrolling.

brudog68
Apr 6, 2011, 07:34 PM
Father?

Maybe distant cousins? His side of the family uses 2 apostrophes...:D

FMLFMLFML
Apr 6, 2011, 08:07 PM