Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaCosta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
I am looking into TPU cases....and could use some help.

Basically...I have a Case Logic side holster that I will wear in some instances where I don't carry my phone in my pocket. So I am looking for a slimmer case that could cover the phone...yet still slide into that side horizontal holster. So I am considering a TPU case.

Also would be great if it is 'clear' so the Apple logo can be shown for a little style.

One thing I noticed with a TPU is that if it is clear....it bubbles up on the back of the phone. Like a bad screen protector install.

Noticed also that some TPU cases aren't so great with screen protectors...where it cause it to bubble up.

Does anyone have any thoughts about TPU cases???

Sburkholder

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2010
Try the Switcheasy Vulcan. I have the black one - it's semi- transparent and the apple logo shows through.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
NGP

no bubbling with front and back protectors. They have a nice gray semi transparent version.

i think TPU is such a great material. It likes the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

jLp-PR

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Bayamón, PR
Incipio NGP black version.

No seethru for the apple logo but I'm over that. The case looks minimalistic while still stylish and great protection.

xyfish

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2011
m9xgl1.jpg

im using this. Case-mate's gelli. It does water mark the back(because its not frosted) but it isnt really that obvious to me.

For the front, I have my SGP oleo screen protector on with no bubbling of corners. :)

i'm looking to switch to a matte tpu case though, :( my phone feels oily some 99% of the time cos of the glossy surface.

nivekr11

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I have NGP and Vulcan. I'm not too happy with either. Send me a mailing envelope prepaid and I'll send you both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.