PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ordering the "Drop" Series from Gumdrop?

iphone4customer
Apr 6, 2011, 07:51 AM
Is it worth ordering this one? Anybody have a former version of it? Post pics and thoughts?

http://gumdropcases.com/drop-series-ipad-2-case.html

I'm thinking to hold out for otterbox defender but who knows when that will ship?

diacritic
Apr 6, 2011, 08:31 AM
It seems like overkill but I guess it's good for people who are prone to dropping their iPad or use it on construction sites, etc.

Antfer
Apr 6, 2011, 09:37 AM
EXCELLENT.
It's go n 2 b these or da big grips 4 my daughter. Whichever ships 1st.

iphone4customer
Apr 6, 2011, 09:52 AM
It seems like overkill but I guess it's good for people who are prone to dropping their iPad or use it on construction sites, etc.

And those of us with toddlers, haha. I forgot to mention that's why i'm looking for better protection for the ipad.

WoodrowCall
Apr 6, 2011, 10:22 AM
I am definitely going to wait for the Defender; that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

diacritic
Apr 6, 2011, 10:23 AM
And those of us with toddlers, haha. I forgot to mention that's why i'm looking for better protection for the ipad.

I've had an iPad 2 for two weeks now and other than one keynote presentation it has entirely been used by my toddler daughter (age 3).

I've installed a skin to protect against scratches and a screen protector but otherwise I don't feel the need for extra protection since she handles it only on the sofa or when watching a movie in which case it will be stood up on the coffee table using the smartcover. The added bulk, I think, would make it more difficult for her to handle.

I thought that instead of dropping $40 or more on a cover (though essentially I already did much more than that with a skin, a screen protector, and a smart cover) I'm better of with a squaretrade warranty. I would have foregone the screen cover but her fingers like to pick that cute little nose so I'm wiping down the screen all the time -- better to do that to the screen cover than the glass.

iphone4customer
Apr 6, 2011, 11:09 AM
I've had an iPad 2 for two weeks now and other than one keynote presentation it has entirely been used by my toddler daughter (age 3).

I've installed a skin to protect against scratches and a screen protector but otherwise I don't feel the need for extra protection since she handles it only on the sofa or when watching a movie in which case it will be stood up on the coffee table using the smartcover. The added bulk, I think, would make it more difficult for her to handle.

I thought that instead of dropping $40 or more on a cover (though essentially I already did much more than that with a skin, a screen protector, and a smart cover) I'm better of with a squaretrade warranty. I would have foregone the screen cover but her fingers like to pick that cute little nose so I'm wiping down the screen all the time -- better to do that to the screen cover than the glass.

Thanks a lot for posting. That makes me think quite a bit. I just assume I need to cover that thing air tight to protect it from our 1 1/2 year old's handling. I got square trade so I may be overdoing it. I'll think about it some more.

3goldens
Apr 6, 2011, 05:45 PM
that's one ugly case, personally I would go for an otter over this!

nj28sharp
May 11, 2011, 09:47 AM
I order one at the end of April, they keep pushing forward the shipping date .. so much for overnight shipping.

I had the trident case for the Ipad and loved it. Who know maybe Trident will make one for the Ipad before gumdrop ships thier case.

whiskeyred
May 24, 2011, 02:26 PM
In this video the guy reviews the new Gumdrop for iPad after the Hard Candy case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXHAY_Evu0Q

whiskeyred
Jun 8, 2011, 02:01 PM
Just got the Military one in today, love it - will post pics or vid very soon. Great case