Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gooshy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Hi,

I have just updated my jailbroken apple tv to 4.3.1. I am trying to now jailbreak with pwnagetool but cant for the life of me get into DFU mode. I have followed the instructions on pwnagetool and i keep getting told it failed.

I have tried various other methods including following youtube vids with power cable both in and out.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions how to get it to go into DFU mode. I going nuts.

Thanks

macosgeek

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2005
So you jailbroke it once already, but can't get into DFU again?

FWIW I cannot enter DFU mode either. I have tried countless times, many different ways. I'm using the cable that came with my Kindle, which reportedly should work. I've tried everything in these posts like restoring in iTunes, then setup network and language, still no DFU.

Last edited:

hitekalex

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2008
Chicago, USA
Yes, putting the ATV2 into DFU is a pain.. here's the method that worked for me:

1) disconnect all cables from ATV2
2) connect ATV2 to your computer with microUSB
3) wait for rate of flashing LED to change, then connect power cord
4) wait for rate of flashing to change again, then hold Menu+Play for 7 sec
5) wait for rate of flashing to change again, then let go of Menu+Play buttons
6) Seas0nPass/PwnageTool should now detect DFU device - disconnect power cord once it does

Good luck

mamruoc

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks a million!

This really works on 4.3.1

Yes, putting the ATV2 into DFU is a pain.. here's the method that worked for me:

1) disconnect all cables from ATV2
2) connect ATV2 to your computer with microUSB
3) wait for rate of flashing LED to change, then connect power cord
4) wait for rate of flashing to change again, then hold Menu+Play for 7 sec
5) wait for rate of flashing to change again, then let go of Menu+Play buttons
6) Seas0nPass/PwnageTool should now detect DFU device - disconnect power cord once it does

Good luck

macosgeek

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2005
I wish I could say that method worked for me :(. Need a way to return my ATV to to Apple and try another one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.