PDA

View Full Version : Website Critique?

NumeroTen
Apr 6, 2011, 09:21 PM
Hey guys I'm looking fro website critique and constructive criticism. Site is http://www.numeroten.com/

Apple OC
Apr 6, 2011, 09:27 PM
looks pretty good ... best of luck NumeroTen :cool:

SR20DETDOG
Apr 6, 2011, 10:11 PM
Hey there,

I'm no designer but these are a few things I noticed within the first few seconds of viewing the site.

The first thing I noticed was I had to wait a reasonable amount of time for the slideshow to load properly.
It's also not very clear what the site is about at first glance, I'm still not entirely sure what the site's focus is. (or if there even is a focus?)
I think a more defined colour scheme could help too. I can see you're going with blue but there's also black, white and various shades of grey. Too many tones in my opinion. The fluro green links at the bottom of the home page really don't fit as well.
While it's not a messy site, I still think there's some room for improvement in the organisation of things.

Hopefully this helps somewhat.

katties
Apr 7, 2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not an expert, it looks nice, however I reckon some images haven't got the 'banner' look as they appear a bit 'stretched'. Also, the blue is very vivid. The main navbar also appear a bit tiny (comparing to the body text) and is not in a standard place. The search box also should be rather higher (maybe higher or on the same level like navigation bar). there a no commonlinks and breadcrumbs. I'd also rather went for the 'printout' look, but that might just a matter of taste. I'm not a professional, just a student. Good luck!

NumeroTen
Apr 7, 2011, 05:06 PM
yea i see what you guys are trying to say. Some css coding should help me out there. And yea im no professional either.. I'm just a freshman highschool student. Thx for the feedback