PDA

View Full Version : How to carry my stylus

halljames
Apr 7, 2011, 05:10 AM
When I had the iPad 1, I had a particular case which I could attach my Griffin stylus to the spine of the case and it worked a treat, and meant I was always ready to do some drawing etc.

However, since getting my iPad 2, I can't figure out how best to carry it around. I have a smart cover on it, with a hard shell covering the back. I also pop it into a ipad sock as well, but I dont know what to do with the stylus. I could just pop it in to the sockm but I would be worried about it moving around and scratching either the ipad or the cover.

I was wondering if I could replace the sock with one of these neoprene sleeves, but still not sure what to do with the stylus, are there any of these slim sleeves that may have also a pocket or something that would secure the stylus.

Any ideas anyone.

Steviejobz
Apr 7, 2011, 05:14 AM
When I had the iPad 1, I had a particular case which I could attach my Griffin stylus to the spine of the case and it worked a treat, and meant I was always ready to do some drawing etc.

However, since getting my iPad 2, I can't figure out how best to carry it around. I have a smart cover on it, with a hard shell covering the back. I also pop it into a ipad sock as well, but I dont know what to do with the stylus. I could just pop it in to the sockm but I would be worried about it moving around and scratching either the ipad or the cover.

I was wondering if I could replace the sock with one of these neoprene sleeves, but still not sure what to do with the stylus, are there any of these slim sleeves that may have also a pocket or something that would secure the stylus.

Any ideas anyone.

this is what I do

halljames
Apr 7, 2011, 05:16 AM
this is what I do

Cool, but I dont fancy that idea. I need something to keep it with the ipad, that just reaks of "bugger, wheres my stylus gone".

chrjohns
Apr 7, 2011, 10:07 AM
Here is where I carry mine. Always with me.

bigjnyc
Apr 7, 2011, 11:23 AM
I would stick it in a drawer at home never to be seen again and use my finger like all normal iPad users.:p

Sixtafoua
Apr 8, 2011, 08:04 PM
Maybe you could put it in your pocket?
Or purse?
Or man bag?
Or backpack?
Or clip it into your hair?
Or attach it to a necklace?
Or carry it in your mouth?
Or just hold it in your hands?
Or if you don't have hands you can have somebody hold it for you.

Just a few ideas. :)

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 8, 2011, 08:20 PM
yeah it would be nice if there were a case with a spot to put a pen/stylus. Maybe there is.

gatech2
Apr 10, 2011, 12:41 AM
This looks neat you plug into the headphone jack.

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-2nd-Generation-Capacitive-Stylus/dp/B004HBK4T0/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_c

benjayman2
Apr 10, 2011, 01:56 AM
I made a thread about this novel realization about cases with magnetic features for the iPad 2. Basically if any of your styli have any metal, it will stick to the front of your cover. Por ejemplo
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1133771

iApples
Apr 10, 2011, 02:06 AM
Carry it in your pocket? Backpack? Shirt pocket?

Few places in which mine would be. But I'm sure you could of guessed that.

SchneiderMan
Apr 10, 2011, 02:14 AM
Put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day.

iApples
Apr 10, 2011, 02:23 AM
Put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day.

Classy.

ksmith80209
Apr 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
I made a thread about this novel realization about cases with magnetic features for the iPad 2. Basically if any of your styli have any metal, it will stick to the front of your cover. Por ejemplo
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1133771

Yep - the boxwave with its metal clip will stick nicely to the outside of the smart cover. When the cover is open, you can stick the stylus to the spine area.

porcupine8
Apr 10, 2011, 06:38 PM
I got a couple of suggestions for cases that carry styli in my similar thread here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1125732&highlight=

I think that I am going to wind up sewing a loop for it onto my Vuscape. None of the suggested cases really meet my needs, and the styli that plug into the headphone jack would still just be hanging there.