PDA

View Full Version : Power Support screen protector preorders! Has anyone's order shipped yet?

solaris7
Apr 7, 2011, 09:19 AM
I thought they were supposed to start shipping today? Was I too late in placing my order?

comaths
Apr 7, 2011, 10:09 AM
Just received the email saying that it was shipped!:D Ordered on March 31

I thought they were supposed to start shipping today? Was I too late in placing my order?

class77
Apr 7, 2011, 10:12 AM

I haven't received notification either

Built
Apr 7, 2011, 10:23 AM
Just got the email a few minutes ago...Mine shipped today.

funkeruski
Apr 7, 2011, 10:24 AM
Got my shipment email too. Also ordered on 3/31.

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 7, 2011, 10:25 AM
ordered march 30, no email yet......

smf72
Apr 7, 2011, 10:27 AM
Nothing here yet and ordered 3/30/11, I am sure they are just going through the orders

thomahawk0
Apr 7, 2011, 10:43 AM
Ordered mine on the 31st and got shipping notification a bit ago. PS Crystal

Ljwinter
Apr 7, 2011, 10:51 AM
I really want to order them but I'm not sure which one to get. I love the clarity of the screen and I don't want to kill it with the anti-glare. I've had both versions for my phone..I'm just not sure which to use on my iPad. :mad::confused:

cbronfman
Apr 7, 2011, 10:58 AM
I ordered the PS HD anti-glare at 6:48am on the 31st (at least that's when the order confirmation came in). The charge is still "pending" on my American Express and no notice.

I wrote that I hadn't and then 30 minutes later the shipping notice arrived, so they are going out today.

gigaguy
Apr 7, 2011, 11:15 AM
Do the Apple retail stores still carry screen protectors or cases? I want to check out the PS Touch cases in person.
Where else can you buy Power Support items in a store?
Frys? I don't think Best Buy sells em.

HazChem
Apr 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
I've yet to see any Apple Stores in San Antonio carry iPad screens. They seem to only carry anti-glare screens now and only for iPhones and iPods.

They also only have Smart Covers for the iPad 2. They do have some 3rd party cases for the iPad 1.

Zodiak
Apr 7, 2011, 11:31 AM
I really want to order them but I'm not sure which one to get. I love the clarity of the screen and I don't want to kill it with the anti-glare. I've had both versions for my phone..I'm just not sure which to use on my iPad. :mad::confused:

The Crystal Clear one is like having no screen protector at all on it, in fact you will forget its even there or woudnt know it was. However it does still collect all the dust, lint, greese and prints from your fingers, cases and covers. It looks awesome but aslong as your anywhere outside with even mid light and no shade, forget about it.

The Anti-glare gives you both anti-glare and resistance to oil and print buildup from your fingers alot with less noticable with dust and lint. As far as the clarity goes, SGP and Power Support are 2 of the big names when it comes to screen protectors. I used to have the Power Support for the iPad 1 and did not know about Power Support at the time. There are currently multiple comparisons of the two screens displaying images, colors, text and graphics in threads in this forum and Power Support is the winner hands down. For its clarity and quality, the only competition it has is itself, with the Crystal Clear. It's definatly the one to chose in my opinion at least.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=921023

nlkccom
Apr 7, 2011, 11:50 AM
Ordered mine on 4/4, and just got email notification that my order is shipping today.

josun
Apr 7, 2011, 01:13 PM
Same here. Just got a shipping notice. I can't say they have the best crystal clear screen protector but i'm most definitely sure that they have the best AG screen protector. Can't wait!

Hoyasaxa
Apr 7, 2011, 01:20 PM
Ordered Crystal on 3/30, shipping today.

Blorzoga
Apr 7, 2011, 01:27 PM
Mine has shipped. That is, they transmitted shipping info to USPS and undoubtedly charged my card.

solaris7
Apr 7, 2011, 01:45 PM
Still not shipped, I wanted it tomorrow! Now I can't unbox the ipad until monday!

kfscoll
Apr 7, 2011, 02:56 PM
Still not shipped, I wanted it tomorrow! Now I can't unbox the ipad until monday!

What?! That's completely insane. Just be careful with it (you don't even have to be that careful and your screen will be fine. Heck, even if you do scratch the screen, you won't be able to see it once the screen protector is installed.

Man, and I thought I had OCD. :rolleyes:

Antfer
Apr 7, 2011, 03:18 PM

Uhm, yeah u can.
It comes protected wit a plastic wrap.

LightSpeed1
Apr 7, 2011, 03:26 PM
Nothing.

ctsoxfan
Apr 7, 2011, 03:31 PM

This is crazy. I have the Power Support anti-glare film on my iPhone 4, and I love it (and had the same on my 3G and 3GS). You really need a screen protector on your phone, because of the way the phone travels everywhere with you. I even throw my iPhone in my pocket, or briefcase - with no worries.

The iPad, on the other hand, really shouldn't need a screen protector. That's partially why Apple pulled them from their stores. Unless you are planning on seriously traveling with the iPad, this seems like an unnecessary expense that actually detracts from the beautiful screen. I've had my iPad 2 screen "naked" since launch day, and it looks awesome. An occasional wipe to rid fingerprints is all you need. Get a smart cover and call it a day.

smf72
Apr 7, 2011, 03:38 PM
Literally just got my shipping for my order fedex overnight, 6 Antiglare ordered on 3/30/11. We have 10 ipad 2 in my office. Just got the fedex number at 4:35 pm EST

solaris7
Apr 7, 2011, 03:41 PM
SHIPPED!!! But april 11th delivery!

Apple Expert
Apr 7, 2011, 03:46 PM
Pre-ordered on the 5th and shipped today the 7th. Delivery date is the 8th. :D

solaris7
Apr 7, 2011, 05:40 PM
Pre-ordered on the 5th and shipped today the 7th. Delivery date is the 8th. :D

I hate you!

xraytech
Apr 7, 2011, 07:31 PM
Got confirmation today. Should be getting it Monday or Tuesday.

Mlrollin91
Apr 7, 2011, 08:01 PM
Lucky enough to live about 30 minutes from power support. Just got back from having them install it. Absolutely perfect. Thank god I can return the Zagg now.

holyindian
Apr 7, 2011, 08:21 PM
Anybody got shipping confirmation from j&r

Blorzoga
Apr 7, 2011, 09:12 PM
This is crazy. I have the Power Support anti-glare film on my iPhone 4, and I love it (and had the same on my 3G and 3GS). You really need a screen protector on your phone, because of the way the phone travels everywhere with you. I even throw my iPhone in my pocket, or briefcase - with no worries.

The iPad, on the other hand, really shouldn't need a screen protector. That's partially why Apple pulled them from their stores. Unless you are planning on seriously traveling with the iPad, this seems like an unnecessary expense that actually detracts from the beautiful screen. I've had my iPad 2 screen "naked" since launch day, and it looks awesome. An occasional wipe to rid fingerprints is all you need. Get a smart cover and call it a day.

I disagree. The biggest distraction when using the iPad is fingerprints. An anti glare makes such a difference.

soshibo
Apr 7, 2011, 09:20 PM
awesome guys. hope you get your PS's soon. like tomorrow :)

desperately need somebody to compare their crystal clear screen protector with zagg's to compare screen quality. i know ppl have their issues with zagg, but a perfectly installed zagg shield within its first couple of weeks of installation is pretty crisp. i had the PS anti glare on my iphone and i hated it.

thanks guys! =]

Apple Expert
Apr 7, 2011, 10:07 PM

desperately need somebody to compare their crystal clear screen protector with zagg's to compare screen quality. i know ppl have their issues with zagg, but a perfectly installed zagg shield within its first couple of weeks of installation is pretty crisp. i had the PS anti glare on my iphone and i hated it.

thanks guys! =]

A plastic bag is smoother than a zagg.

solaris7
Apr 7, 2011, 10:34 PM

Oh, SNAP!

draz
Apr 7, 2011, 10:38 PM

thanks guys! =]

Then after the first couple of weeks it.........
And the Anti-Glare is a waste of money. Just destroys the look of the screen. I can see why you hated it. The Crystal is way better, just have to wipe the screen once in awhile which is not that big of a deal

sotie
Apr 7, 2011, 11:40 PM

thanks guys! =]

My Crystal film will be arriving tomorrow but I can give you my comparison right now... Power Support Crystal is better than Zagg shield:D

Q Bert
Apr 8, 2011, 12:19 AM
I got confirmation email too. Might arrive in the mail this Saturday. Ordered the Anti-glare HD. I have Bodyguardz installed on my screen right now and while I managed to install it bubble-free, I cannot stand seeing fingerprints and smudges. I have to wipe it everytime I put a finger on the screen and I will hate that.

Some say that the Antiglare will take some of the clarity of the screen. To some extent I do agree but once the screen is on, it looks as if there's no film on it. How do I know? Well, my girlfriend has the Steinheil AF and PowerSupport Antiglare HD is supposed to present more clarity. So we'll see. Cheers :):apple:

soshibo
Apr 8, 2011, 01:26 AM
THANKS for the responses. appreciate it!

ROFL. not too worried about the feel. i know that rubber type feeling you're talking about though. was mostly concerned with screen clarity =]

Then after the first couple of weeks it.........
And the Anti-Glare is a waste of money. Just destroys the look of the screen. I can see why you hated it. The Crystal is way better, just have to wipe the screen once in awhile which is not that big of a deal

yeah, i know... the damn screen starts peeling, orange effect, rainbow effect, etc etc ROFL

My Crystal film will be arriving tomorrow but I can give you my comparison right now... Power Support Crystal is better than Zagg shield:D

awesome. thanks.

sirgo
Apr 8, 2011, 04:02 AM
hello,

there are any coupon to use with power support?

thanks

melman101
Apr 8, 2011, 08:14 AM
I ordered on March 31st. Still no shipping notice yet :-(.

Edit: Scratch that. Got my shipping confirmation right now. Let's hope I can apply this puppy without too many mistakes!!!!

rp2955
Apr 8, 2011, 09:14 AM
Still shows backordered when I check. Wonder if I should just cancel and order direct from PS? Not in a huge hurry...waiting to see if folks post about their installation and clarity on the anti-glare in particular.

nlkccom
Apr 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
Just received my Crystal film in the mail today.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/5600723413_823edd13db.jpg

holyindian
Apr 8, 2011, 02:15 PM

Cool, now put it on, and put some pics.. :D

qpid360
Apr 8, 2011, 03:37 PM
Lucky enough to live about 30 minutes from power support. Just got back from having them install it. Absolutely perfect. Thank god I can return the Zagg now.

Shoot. I was thinking of going this morning but I wasn't sure if they had them in yet.

soshibo
Apr 8, 2011, 04:07 PM
Cool, now put it on, and put some pics.. :D

qft =]

solaris7
Apr 8, 2011, 04:47 PM
Guys, what is the best way to install a screen protector? I have a major OCD and cannot stand even the smallest dust particle underneath. Some people say that installing it in the shower with the hot water turned on works? Is that a joke?

NewYorkRanger
Apr 8, 2011, 04:50 PM

Post-install pics, please.

NewYorkRanger
Apr 8, 2011, 04:52 PM
Guys, what is the best way to install a screen protector? I have a major OCD and cannot stand even the smallest dust particle underneath. Some people say that installing it in the shower with the hot water turned on works? Is that a joke?
Don't install it IN the shower. The general idea you are referring to works. Steam will prevent the dust from settling on surfaces.

Turn on the shower, max hot.

Close all windows, no fan on.

Let the bathroom get extra steamy.

Proceed with install as you would normally...on the bathroom counter.

nlkccom
Apr 8, 2011, 04:53 PM
Post-install pics, please.

Will try to post installed pic later tonight when I get home. :D

Apple Expert
Apr 8, 2011, 05:49 PM
Got mine delivered and installed. I will be posting pictures soon.

kfscoll
Apr 8, 2011, 06:28 PM
I'm OCD as well and I actually wear latex gloves when I install mine. That way I won't ruin the adhesive side of the screen protector if I accidentally touch it. I also get a bunch of little pieces of masking tape pre-ripped for the inevitable hair/lint that gets trapped under the screen protector. Finally, I actually do a wet install of the PS film. I put tape over all of the openings on my iPad (dock connector, headphone jack, etc), clean my entire iPad screen with a lint-free cloth, peel the backing off of the film (keeping it facing down so no dust lands on it), and spray filtered water upward onto the adhesive side of the film. I then set the screen on the iPad, get it positioned correctly, and squeegee out the water. Hopefully any dust that's trapped will be near the edges of the film so it's easy to peel the film back and remove it with a piece of tape.

It's a total PITA to install the film and get it completely lint-free but I managed to do it perfectly (I inspected under fluorescent and LED lights and it was pristine) on my iPad 1. I'm just not looking forward to going through the whole process again with my iPad 2, but it'll be worth it once the install is complete because the PS films are fantastic.

Apple Expert
Apr 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
Here is mine. I do a wet install on the PS. Sorry for the crappy pictures. But the quality and fit is awesome! SGP has nothing on PS!!!

soshibo
Apr 8, 2011, 10:44 PM
Here is mine. I do a wet install on the PS. Sorry for the crappy pictures. But the quality and fit is awesome! SGP has nothing on PS!!!

sweet! crystal clear i take it?

Apple Expert
Apr 8, 2011, 10:47 PM
sweet! crystal clear i take it?

Yes it is.

gigemzach
Apr 8, 2011, 11:36 PM
Just plain water? Or soap too?

soshibo
Apr 9, 2011, 12:04 AM
Yes it is.

sweet man. looks awesome. grats!

going to order a screen for the iphone and ipad. i'll be sure to burn the zagg shield slowly just for you when PS protectors arrive =]

nlkccom
Apr 9, 2011, 12:54 AM
Installed mine, Crystal film, and finally got a chance to post some pics.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5222/5601201447_4fdf5f95f4.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5223/5601787392_cc32807a40.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5101/5601787748_9819dbea23.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5063/5601788338_7e0a127f5b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5222/5601788910_70265aeec3.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5030/5601204713_9c493de2c1.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5265/5601790560_12f96d1d7b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5021/5601205913_eb93ed13f6.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/5601206363_30752a95c0.jpg

holyindian
Apr 9, 2011, 02:05 AM
Sweetness... I gotta change my order from anti-glare to crystal now.

dhcl604
Apr 9, 2011, 06:20 AM
The Crystal sure does look good. I'm almost sorry I ordered the HD anti-glare. Does anyone have the PS HD anti-glare film and can comment on it?

inf
Apr 9, 2011, 06:39 AM
The Crystal sure does look good. I'm almost sorry I ordered the HD anti-glare. Does anyone have the PS HD anti-glare film and can comment on it?

I had it for the first iPad. I like it much better than the crystal version. With crystal you get a crisp nice looking image, but also you get glare and fingerprints all over it.

The Anti-glare version is not bad imo. It adds just a little "grainyness" to the screen, but no glare and fingerprints. It's AWESOME!

dhcl604
Apr 9, 2011, 07:35 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks for your input. The HD anti-glare film should be arriving today or Monday, and my iPad on the 14th. I'll give it a try.

funkeruski
Apr 9, 2011, 08:00 AM
To anyone that has received theirs, does it have a two piece backing that you peel off one at a time? I recall the iPhone 4 film having this and it made installing so much easier.

CristobalHuet
Apr 9, 2011, 08:15 AM
To anyone that has received theirs, does it have a two piece backing that you peel off one at a time? I recall the iPhone 4 film having this and it made installing so much easier.

I think it's only the front they sell.

nlkccom
Apr 9, 2011, 09:57 AM

It's a 1 piece backing.

funkeruski
Apr 9, 2011, 10:53 AM
It's a 1 piece backing.

Thanks. I've had the SGP films and maybe those are the ones that had the 2 piece backing.

erayser
Apr 9, 2011, 11:26 AM

After seeing the posted pictures... I feel the same way, but I had the crystal PS film on my original iPad. I had a hard time seeing the screen when I was outside, and the finger prints was an annoyance. I was still satisfied with it... and wiping it down once in a while wasn't hard. I just decided to give the HD Anti-glare a try this time around. Tracking says it's in my city... so hopefully I get it today.

Blorzoga
Apr 9, 2011, 01:20 PM

I have the AG and I wouldn't ever go with crystal unless my only purpose was to protect the screen. The AG does such a good job of reducing fingerprints that it more than makes up for any loss of clarity (which, in my opinion, is undetectable). The crystal shows fingerprints worse than the naked screen and is harder to wipe off. The AG is the way to go.

Blorzoga
Apr 9, 2011, 01:22 PM
It's a 1 piece backing.

No, unfortunately, the two piece backing (actually 3 piece) was on the iPhone film and it really made installation a breeze. The iPad film has a one piece backing and is a bit tricky to line up both the home button and camera hole.

Blorzoga
Apr 9, 2011, 01:24 PM
Sweetness... I gotta change my order from anti-glare to crystal now.

Don't do it. Stick with anti-glare.

class77
Apr 9, 2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks. I've had the SGP films and maybe those are the ones that had the 2 piece backing.

The SGP that I put on my iPhone4 had a one piece backing too.

cbronfman
Apr 9, 2011, 03:14 PM
Mine came already - fast. USPS really performed. I ordered the anti-glare but am hesitating to apply it until more of you opine. Some say it's still really clear; some say it really diminishes the clarity. I think I have "an" anti-glare on my 3GS and it does add somewhat smoky feel to the phone. On the other hand, it's a Belkin I think and perhaps not the same quality. I love the clarity of my iPad2 screen and don't want to diminish it; but I do feel the screen on my 3GS protects the screen. Once there was a scratch which I thought was crack in the iphone, but actually was the film. I wonder if the gash would have been the phone without the film. The other reason I'm hesitating is that I have the iCarbons installed and I find it makes my grip feel more secure. I'll have to remove it to apply the PS. So I'm waiting for more opinions about the anti-glare.

erayser
Apr 9, 2011, 04:15 PM
I got my AG installed, and it does deminish the picture... but it is tolerable when comparing it to the crystal film I used on my first gen iPad.

Below are 2 pics of one indoor, and the other is outside under an attached patio cover in my backyard. On the outdoor pic, I took the picture with the reflection of the blue sky on the top portion of the iPad.

Outdoors, it was definitely easier to see than my crystal film. This is one of the main reasons why I went with the HG version this time around. From experience, the finger prints on the crystal film made it worse outdoors.

Indoors, I didn't notice the finger prints in lower lighting with the crystal film, and picture was fantastic. However, the AG film isn't that bad indoor, and picture still looks incredible to me. In fact, I think I like it better because the reflection of a lamp or resest lighting...while watching of movie, doesn't bother me as much.

You can't go wrong with either... but I hope this helps.

http://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag_in.jpghttp://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag_out.jpg

dhcl604
Apr 9, 2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the input and the photos. I received the HD AG film today. Now I just have to wait for the iPad to arrive later next week.

cbronfman
Apr 9, 2011, 04:35 PM
I got my AG installed, and it does deminish the picture... but it is tolerable when comparing it to the crystal film I used on my first gen iPad.

Below are 2 pics of one indoor, and the other is outside under an attached patio cover in my backyard. On the outdoor pic, I took the picture with the reflection of the blue sky on the top portion of the iPad.

Outdoors, it was definitely easier to see than my crystal film. This is one of the main reasons why I went with the HG version this time around. From experience, the finger prints on the crystal film made it worse outdoors.

Indoors, I didn't notice the finger prints in lower lighting with the crystal film, and picture was fantastic. However, the AG film isn't that bad indoor, and picture still looks incredible to me. In fact, I think I like it better because the reflection of a lamp or resest lighting...while watching of movie, doesn't bother me as much.

You can't go wrong with either... but I hope this helps.

http://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag_in.jpghttp://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag_out.jpg

Thank you for the comparison - the indoor one looks pretty good. The outdoor one doesn't look so good - but then I the iPad2 with the AG may show more than the naked iPad2 where the reflections are distracting.

What would be really useful is if someone ordered both and has two iPad2's and posted photos of the comparison. Yes, coming right up I'm sure.

cbronfman
Apr 9, 2011, 05:31 PM
My iPad2 looks like it has leprosy after applying the PS AG screen. How do I get a bevy of air bubbles out?

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 9, 2011, 05:40 PM
My iPad2 looks like it has leprosy after applying the PS AG screen. How do I get a bevy of air bubbles out?

try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC9ZEA5MORE

I just received my AG today, will install it later. Pretty nervous and hopefully will get it perfectly installed.

erayser
Apr 9, 2011, 06:05 PM

I forgot to put my glasses on, and my kids were bothering me when I was putting mine on... so mine looked pretty bad when I first put it on. Normally I can put them on perfect dry... but since I messed it up, lifted it and did a wet install. Squeegee'd out the water, and it took out all the bubbles. It came out nice and seems to be holding fine. Now my kids are playing with it... and can't get my hands on it.:(

cbronfman
Apr 9, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mine looks like the video entitled "How NOT to install a screen protector;" I'm about to rip mine off as he did. I honestly don't know what I did wrong but it looks horrendous. I can more easily wipe fingerprints off than get the bubble out of this one. I'm within 2 minutes of saying "that's it." What a waste - time and money.

cbronfman
Apr 9, 2011, 06:34 PM
I forgot to put my glasses on, and my kids were bothering me when I was putting mine on... so mine looked pretty bad when I first put it on. Normally I can put them on perfect dry... but since I messed it up, lifted it and did a wet install. Squeegee'd out the water, and it took out all the bubbles. It came out nice and seems to be holding fine. Now my kids are playing with it... and can't get my hands on it.:(

By wet install - you wet the PS film??? If I have the courage, I may try that but ... I don't even have the "kids bothering me" excuse. Perhaps I got over-confident in my success with the iCarbons install on my iPad2 and my MBA. I'm totally frustrated. How do you do a wet install. I think there was a posting in this thread. I'll go back and try to find it.

kfscoll
Apr 9, 2011, 06:41 PM

I had much better luck getting rid of air bubbles using a squeegee from a Zagg screen protector I bought a while ago. Trapped lint is a complete PITA. The tape method works fine, but if the dust is trapped in the middle part of the screen, it's extremely hard to remove it using the tape method without accidentally touching the back side of the screen protector. For this reason (and I know it sounds crazy) I wear latex gloves when I mess with the screen protector. That way I can touch the back side of the screen without worrying about getting oil on it.

Also, good luck getting a piece of dust off of the middle of the screen without getting more dust somwhere else!

The whole process is a total PITA, but it can be done with about two hours of free time and a little patience. I guess how long it takes just depends on how picky you are.

erayser
Apr 9, 2011, 06:42 PM
Just sprayed the back of the screen protector with water, and installed it. Squeegee'd the water and bubbles towards the top and the sides. Don't squeegee toward the power button. You don't want water getting into your iPad.

kfscoll
Apr 9, 2011, 06:46 PM
By wet install - you wet the PS film??? If I have the courage, I may try that but ... I don't even have the "kids bothering me" excuse. Perhaps I got over-confident in my success with the iCarbons install on my iPad2 and my MBA. I'm totally frustrated. How do you do a wet install. I think there was a posting in this thread. I'll go back and try to find it.
Here. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12357492&postcount=50)

grimwanderer
Apr 9, 2011, 06:53 PM
So what, if anything, do folks use to protect the backside of their iPads since PS only has a film for the front?

clayj
Apr 9, 2011, 07:02 PM
So what, if anything, do folks use to protect the backside of their iPads since PS only has a film for the front?Got my antiglare PS film today. It looks MUCH better than the Steinheil SGP crystal film I had on there before.

As for the rest of my armor, I have a DODOcase BOOKback installed to protect the back of the iPad 2 when it's out of its case -- and then it resides in a DODOcase Special Edition for the iPad 2. It's VERY well protected. (My other iPad 2's DODOcase is on its way -- when that arrives, I will be similarly outfitting it with antiglare film and a BOOKback.)

cbronfman
Apr 9, 2011, 07:24 PM
Just sprayed the back of the screen protector with water, and installed it. Squeegee'd the water and bubbles towards the top and the sides. Don't squeegee toward the power button. You don't want water getting into your iPad.

For those who haven't tried yet - I suspect "wet" is the way to go. I tried it, but by that time there appeared to be grease or something on the PS film (might have been the spray bottle I used for the filtered water (three year old ZAGG application solution bottle)). The result appeared better than before but there were (what looked like) smear marks on parts of the film. I removed the PS anti-glare. The good news is that I flawlessly put the iCarbons front frame back on the glass; the reapplication worked perfectly.

I will never attempt a screen protector application myself again - and I've now decided I really like my naked screen. I'll wipe finger prints when they occur (which is regularly, but they wipe right off). Yes, cop out but I wasn't crazy anyway about the smoky overlay to the naked iPad2 screen. As for reading outside or in bright light - that's a problem but I'd rather that one than ruining my iPad screen.

Perhaps sour grapes?

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 9, 2011, 08:37 PM
For anyone worried about the install on the ipad 2 and PS AG read this:

I received my PS AG today and after watching their youtube video 5 times, and troubleshoot video 5 times I was ready and here are the steps I took for my very 1st ipad screen protector install.

Let the shower run on hot for 5+ minutes until the bathroom was completely steamed.

Cleaned off the the screen with microfiber cloth a few times until it was spotless.

Opened the PS AG from the package and installed exactly how their install video shows. I made sure the screen protector did not touch the ipad until i was sure the home button hole and edge was lined up and then I let the rest of the protector drop.

I had about 10-15 air bubbles when the screen was completely on and the majority of them were at the top by the home button where i began the install. I took a credit card, wrapped it in a microfiber and began pushing them outwards. There were a few bubbles that I actually had to press down with my finger and run them to the corners.

After about 5 minutes of pressing the air bubbles out I now have a wonderful looking and feeling power support anti-glare screen protector with absolutely no bubbles.

The key is the steamy bathroom, and patience. Good luck to the rest of you wondering about your install.

luckysob
Apr 9, 2011, 10:51 PM
I went to the new Power Support store in Venice, CA today (it's called Mono and its located next door to Topo Ranch on Abbot Kinney). I paid the extra five bucks to have them install an anti glare on my iPad 2. They have a ton of stock, and open at 11 am. It took them two attempts to get it right, but its perfect.

sotie
Apr 9, 2011, 11:18 PM
Installed my crystal film today. Happy to report 0 dust particles and perfectly aligned!

Anyway, it seemed to me that the film feels a little "tackier" than my iPad 1 crystal film and my fingers don't glide quite as smoothly. Has anyone else that's used the original crystal film noticed this?

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 12:04 AM
Got my Anti-Glare today.

I'll post a video on doing a "Wet" install.

nlkccom
Apr 10, 2011, 12:16 AM
Installed my crystal film today. Happy to report 0 dust particles and perfectly aligned!

Anyway, it seemed to me that the film feels a little "tackier" than my iPad 1 crystal film and my fingers don't glide quite as smoothly. Has anyone else that's used the original crystal film noticed this?

I also notice the crystal film for the iPad 2 feels a bit tackier than the crystal film on my iPad 1. Only slightly, but still can tell the different.

erayser
Apr 10, 2011, 12:50 AM
After viewing/playing my iPad 2 with the Anti-Glare film on today, I'm really happy with my choice to get the Anti-Glare film this time. Cryrstal film on my first iPad felt tackier... so I think it's normal. The AG film does feel a lot smoother compared to when I had Crystal film.

Maybe my eyes adjusted to it, but I don't really notice any deminished picture quality with AG film at all. Videos on Anti-Glare film doesn't give it justice. For those who are still deciding on what to get, here is a vid that PowerSupportUSA did on there HD Anti-Glare film:

iPad Anti-Glare Film Comparison (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lOpBqOFbZM)

In person, the picture quality with AG film is a lot better than what the video shows. I'm sure they didn't want to use Crystal film as part of the comparison... since they want to sell Crystal film, but a naked screen did the same thing when I had Crystal film on my first gen iPad. I still think the iPad looks better with Crystal film when it's clean... but you have to touch sometime.;)

holyindian
Apr 10, 2011, 12:55 AM
^ thanks for the vid, i have been going back and forth in between crystal and AG.
BTW, anyone received their shipping through JR??

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 02:14 AM
Wet Install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pt7QPv0Ee0

soshibo
Apr 10, 2011, 02:27 AM
Wet Install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pt7QPv0Ee0

the spraying on the ipad was intense. no damage or anything? saw a lot of water on the home button

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 02:48 AM
the spraying on the ipad was intense. no damage or anything? saw a lot of water on the home button

Work just fine.

Tedddman
Apr 10, 2011, 02:57 AM
As far as a wet install goes, at Power Support they only put a few dabs of water around the bezel of the screen, and that seemed to work fine. Much less to squeege out.

For the back side of the iPad, I use an Incipio NGP case. Great combination.

inf
Apr 10, 2011, 04:02 AM
Work just fine.

But the warranty flies off if any of that water gets into te dock connector port or the earphone port...

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 05:41 AM
But the warranty flies off if any of that water gets into te dock connector port or the earphone port...

Let's face it, you're not a geek until you void a warranty.

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_void_warranties_tshirt-p2357434821825092813yex_400.jpg

But now that I think of it, around the web people have been saying that there are no indicators in the iPad 2. Can someone confirm this.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/28/ipad-2-loses-water-damage-indicator-at-headphone-jack/

Also, I've already done 3 wet installs on my iPad 2 and I see no red or pink in the headphone jack or dock port.

cbronfman
Apr 10, 2011, 07:38 AM

OK, so maybe I demonstrated excess timidity. Too late now, but in "my wet install" I used probably 10% of the water he did. He sprayed water on the screen, on the power support film and on the top of the power support film before he squeegeed down. And he didn't seem concerned at all about damaging the iPad2. Only wiped it when he was all done. (He also seemed very confident that those air bubbles would go over the next 24 hours.) Pretty amazing to see how he did the wet install.

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 10:41 AM
Wet Install Update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfRG89EKobs

Oh, before I forget, Power Support Overlays are hands down the best Screen Protector on the market.

robertk328
Apr 10, 2011, 04:09 PM
the spraying on the ipad was intense.

You can say that again. Never seen that much liquid on a wet install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xraytech
Apr 10, 2011, 04:36 PM
You can say that again. Never seen that much liquid on a wet install.

Check this guy out. He uses just as much or even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPF0EelYHm4&sns=em

holyindian
Apr 10, 2011, 05:16 PM
Check this guy out. He uses just as much or even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPF0EelYHm4&sns=em

Thats exactly what i did when applying Wrapsol on the back of my ipad 2.
It works, and the application is pretty easy that way, there are more myths that rumors in here.. :rolleyes:

cbronfman
Apr 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
I'd like to see both of their iPads in a bit to see if they have water damage.

On a side note - I finally looked up Tapatalk in the app store. Do you really find it useful - does it give a direct connection to MacRumors on your iPhone without using Safari?

robertk328
Apr 10, 2011, 05:38 PM
On a side note - I finally looked up Tapatalk in the app store. Do you really find it useful - does it give a direct connection to MacRumors on your iPhone without using Safari?
Yeah it's great. I have several forums I visit that use it. I like it a lot better than ForumRunner but that's a different topic ;-)

josun
Apr 10, 2011, 05:44 PM
Wow. All that water and work, I can do within 3 mins with a few scotch tapes. (hint: package tapes work better)

cbronfman
Apr 10, 2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah it's great. I have several forums I visit that use it. I like it a lot better than ForumRunner but that's a different topic ;-)

I just downloaded it. Busy logging into various forums I visit (those that have approved it). Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Hoyasaxa
Apr 10, 2011, 07:08 PM
Just curious why do a wet install (aside from the obvious "it's easier"). Part of the reason I wanted a PS is because I didn't want to put water on the front.

solaris7
Apr 10, 2011, 07:53 PM
I just realized that since I wear glasses its going to be difficult to install it in the shower with all that steam! I also want to stay away from wet installs! AHHH, so many complications!

erayser
Apr 10, 2011, 07:53 PM
Just curious why do a wet install (aside from the obvious "it's easier"). Part of the reason I wanted a PS is because I didn't want to put water on the front.

You really don't need to do a wet install with PS film. I've never done a wet install with PS film with any of my idevices until now. The reason I did it is because I botched my install because I didn't have my glasses on... so I couldn't align the screen cover without multiple lifting and adjusting, and my kids were climbing all over me while I installed it. I ended up with lots of lint and dust all over the screen protector. Instead using a lot of tape to get the dust out, I just sprayed it with water, and squeegee'd the water out along with the dust. I was actually surprised how well it came out, and looks as good as the dry installs I've done with PS film. You don't need to do wet install with PS film, but in my case I wanted to save my $30 purchase, and install it fast because of the kids.

dadoftwogirls
Apr 10, 2011, 08:37 PM
Got mine.

SteelBusNole
Apr 11, 2011, 04:37 AM
Any pictures yet? How does it look?

sotie
Apr 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
Any pictures yet? How does it look?

Yes, a couple of people already posted pictures earlier in this thread.

xraytech
Apr 11, 2011, 09:49 AM
Power Support Anti-Glare HD

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5609615665_34dba7d4e2_b_d.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5609624221_24ab137d7a_b_d.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/5610212432_1c9e46bf87_b_d.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5609635303_df239f0ebe_b_d.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5148/5609638243_9efb9a2033_b_d.jpg

dhcl604
Apr 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the photos. Are you happy with how the display looks with the PS HD AG? I received my PS AG film Saturday but I'm still waiting for the iPad to show later this week.

xraytech
Apr 11, 2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the photos. Are you happy with how the display looks with the PS HD AG? I received my PS AG film Saturday but I'm still waiting for the iPad to show later this week.

I am very happy. I had a no name brand clear on prior to this one and I could not get it off soon enough.

You lose some fidelity with the Anti-Glare but it's a must when you work in a room with over head flurocent lighting.

Also it is very distracting when I'm watching a movie and I got my face looking back at me.

Zodiak
Apr 11, 2011, 11:39 AM
Here is a tip for anyone not used to the Anti-glare products. Turn your Brightness up maybe 10-15% (the Anti-glare dims the light output slightly), it wont hit your battery much unless you leave it on all the time and you wont even notice it's there anymore and you will love it :)

kwstump
Apr 11, 2011, 12:24 PM
I just got my PS AG film installed on the ipad2! Thanks to this thread I did it in the bathroom with the hot shower going and it went on 1st time with no dust and not tape required! That has never happened before! I am so glad to get the AG film on to hide all those fingerprints!

Thanks again all,
Kevin

josun
Apr 11, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm really boggled why people bother with shower method instead of tape method. I have done the shower method a few times in the past and, to me, it seems the tape method is much easier and quicker. Plus, you waste all that water to get the steam going and I think it's just an unnecessary waste. I understand doing it for wet install films since the extra moisture really helps to have the film installed but for static-cling films it's just not necessary. :confused:

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apr 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'm really boggled why people bother with shower method instead of tape method. I have done the shower method a few times in the past and, to me, it seems the tape method is much easier and quicker. Plus, you waste all that water to get the steam going and I think it's just an unnecessary waste. I understand doing it for wet install films since the extra moisture really helps to have the film installed but for static-cling films it's just not necessary. :confused:

B/c there's a chance you get more lint trapped again under the screen while you are lifting the screen back up to remove the intial partical. So you could be repeating the tape method over and over again.... The Shower method eliminates mostly all of the dust and lint all together.

FearlessSpiff
Apr 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
I just got my PS AG film installed on the ipad2! Thanks to this thread I did it in the bathroom with the hot shower going and it went on 1st time with no dust and not tape required! That has never happened before! I am so glad to get the AG film on to hide all those fingerprints!

Thanks again all,
Kevin
Did you do this with all the moisture still in the room and on your ipad? Or did you wait until the moisture settled down and then do the install?

josun
Apr 11, 2011, 01:34 PM
B/c there's a chance you get more lint trapped again under the screen while you are lifting the screen back up to remove the intial partical. So you could be repeating the tape method over and over again.... The Shower method eliminates mostly all of the dust and lint all together.

I have reused my first ipad's AG film over three times and in one occasion I have exposed the entire cling side to massive dusts but was able to reapply it with zero dusts using package tapes within 5 minutes. You just need a little patience for a few short minutes. In my experience, shower method took more time and effort to spray, align and squeeze. Plus, it doesn't guarantee you that you'll get the perfect application every time and could potentially end up with small dusts and air bubbles so you do the same amount of work removing them anyway.

kwstump
Apr 11, 2011, 01:46 PM
Did you do this with all the moisture still in the room and on your ipad? Or did you wait until the moisture settled down and then do the install?

i just turned the shower on hot and let it run 5 mins with the doors closed. then went in with the ipad and PS AG, cleaned screen, made sure no dust and did a "dry" install. when done shut off the shower!

Kevin

funkeruski
Apr 11, 2011, 11:25 PM
Just got mine in today. I've installed 3 of these on other iPads and never had a problem. This one didn't go so well. Got the home button lined up, but when I dropped the rest of the film down, the camera cutout was a bit off. Once this happens, almost impossible to lift off with tape and get it realigned. At that point, I sprayed water on the iPad and the film and did a wet install. Lot easier to line up, but there are air bubbles and a kind of orange peel appearance. Hopefully, this will go away once the water under the film dries.

xraytech
Apr 11, 2011, 11:30 PM
Just got mine in today. I've installed 3 of these on other iPads and never had a problem. This one didn't go so well. Got the home button lined up, but when I dropped the rest of the film down, the camera cutout was a bit off. Once this happens, almost impossible to lift off with tape and get it realigned. At that point, I sprayed water on the iPad and the film and did a wet install. Lot easier to line up, but there are air bubbles and a kind of orange peel appearance. Hopefully, this will go away once the water under the film dries.

That's why I like the Wet Install, gets it done on the first try. Don't worry the bubbles and water will go away.

funkeruski
Apr 12, 2011, 09:12 AM
Does look a lot better this morning still a couple of bubbles, but there is still a little water underneath. Films not adhering proper around the home button and the camera cutout. Also, the TPU case I have is lifting the film up slightly in a corner. But, with the white bezel, these issues are not very noticeable.

solaris7
Apr 12, 2011, 09:28 AM
Shipped.Messed up.Thrown away.

xraytech
Apr 12, 2011, 09:33 AM

Could you elaborate?

funkeruski
Apr 12, 2011, 10:01 AM

I feel your pain. These things are a nightmare to install. I suggest removing all women and children from the premises before beginning the process. Give the wife your credit card and tell her to leave for at least two hours. Next, make sure you have a bottle of Tequila on hand just in case. If you have anything harder (such as morphine) I would suggest that also if things really go wrong. Besides these suggestions, use the hot shower method, or you should really consider just going straight to a wet install method.

erayser
Apr 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
I feel your pain. These things are a nightmare to install. I suggest removing all women and children from the premises before beginning the process. Give the wife your credit card and tell her to leave for at least two hours. Next, make sure you have a bottle of Tequila on hand just in case. If you have anything harder (such as morphine) I would suggest that also if things really go wrong. Besides these suggestions, use the hot shower method, or you should really consider just going straight to a wet install method.

Removing kids is a must, but you might need that credit card you gave your wife to squeegee... LOL.

I would rather do a dry install, but a wet install does help a little in aligning the home button and camera holes a little easier. If you are off just a little, the camera hole won't align perfectly. Anyhow, I really like how it came out, and I wish I got AG film for my first iPad. I constantly had to wipe the crystal film on my iPad 1. I think AG film makes my iPad 2 look sexy when it's turned off.

http://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag1.jpghttp://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag2.jpg
http://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag3.jpghttp://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag4.jpg

Nykwil
Apr 12, 2011, 10:28 AM
Those that are doing wet installs be careful. Do not try to rush the drying process to get rid of bubbles. Pushing them out is fine. I once did this on an antiglare screen protector for my macbook pro, and it left behind water marks visible at off angles, it did not wipe off. Also it helps to use filtered water. Tap water can leave behind residue.

That being said...ill be doing a wet install in a hot steamy bathroom once I get mine.

TroyBoy30
Apr 12, 2011, 12:14 PM
Took me 2 seconds to install. The dry is much easier IMO. Mine has a hazy spot though so they will be sending me a new one

Pballer110
Apr 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
Removing kids is a must, but you might need that credit card you gave your wife to squeegee... LOL.

I would rather do a dry install, but a wet install does help a little in aligning the home button and camera holes a little easier. If you are off just a little, the camera hole won't align perfectly. Anyhow, I really like how it came out, and I wish I got AG film for my first iPad. I constantly had to wipe the crystal film on my iPad 1. I think AG film makes my iPad 2 look sexy when it's turned off.

http://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag1.jpghttp://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag2.jpg
http://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag3.jpghttp://www.alternativepb.com/macrum/ag4.jpg

That came out really good. Do you see a difference in screen clarity with the AG?

erayser
Apr 12, 2011, 01:27 PM
That came out really good. Do you see a difference in screen clarity with the AG?

Clarity is still really nice with AG film. Crystal screen may be a little better, but I really like the AG film because there is less reflection distractions in bright lighting. Makes a difference outdoors also.

Hoyasaxa
Apr 12, 2011, 04:31 PM
Just put on my crystal.

Ginormous PITA for me. I think you'll either slap it in easily with no dirt and just pop out some air bubbles or you'll be doing 3,4, 8 times to get little specks. I was obviously the latter.

That said, it's on, it's a better than decent job and it looks good. No review yet on it in actual use since I put a BSE on the back as well and I'm letting that dry for a while.

josun
Apr 12, 2011, 06:03 PM
Got the film yesterday and the dry install went without a hitch. However, mine turned out to be a defect as the camera hole wouldn't stick to the screen. So, I emailed PS with a picture and today I just received an email saying that the replacement is on the way. What a great customer service. :)

soshibo
Apr 13, 2011, 11:14 PM
shipping confirmation just before noon on tues. at my door wed morning. did the shower install. super pleased with the crystal clear films for both iPhone 4 and iPad 2. now i see why ppl hate zagg's shields. screen feels and looks naked

dhcl604
Apr 19, 2011, 04:40 PM
I was undecided with whether to use the crystal or the anti-glare film from Power Support on my iPod 2. After first installing the anti-glare and seeing how great the display looked both with clarity, non-glare, and no finger prints, I kept the HD anti-glare film on and returned the unopened crystal film. It looks great.

gigemzach
Apr 27, 2011, 05:08 PM
Is it really worth the power support tax compared to SGP and say switcheasy? I've gotten really good at applying protectors for the iPhone, but when I applied cheapos from eBay and they have many bubbles. Are these even easier or no? Also I don't get why they charge 5.95 for shipping :p

xraytech
Apr 28, 2011, 12:39 AM
Is it really worth the power support tax compared to SGP and say switcheasy? I've gotten really good at applying protectors for the iPhone, but when I applied cheapos from eBay and they have many bubbles. Are these even easier or no? Also I don't get why they charge 5.95 for shipping :p

Side by Side, Power Support pwns anything out there.

gigemzach
Apr 28, 2011, 04:41 PM

How about installation wise? I'm worried about wasting $35.

xraytech
Apr 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
How about installation wise? I'm worried about wasting $35.

Follow the instructions you'll be fine. I prefer the wet install. Ready the earlier posts about the wet install.

atiqueny
May 6, 2011, 07:45 PM
I installed the Power Support Crystal on my iPad 2 yesterday and I'm going on a little over 24 hours and I still see large faint spots everywhere. I did a wet install using the spray that I got from Wrapsol. I was wondering if these spots will go away or if I need to remove the protector and try again.

erayser
May 7, 2011, 12:48 AM
I installed the Power Support Crystal on my iPad 2 yesterday and I'm going on a little over 24 hours and I still see large faint spots everywhere. I did a wet install using the spray that I got from Wrapsol. I was wondering if these spots will go away or if I need to remove the protector and try again.

I don't recall if I had those spots or not. I preordered mine so I got the first batch that went out. My kids were jumping on me when I was trying put it on... and ended up with a lot of dust particles. Instead of doing the tape method to take the dust off, I did the wet install to squeegy out the dust and water from under it. It came out perfect. That was about a month ago... and I just looked at it under a bright light... and I don't see any water spots. If I had it, it's not there now. I'm guessing that it will disappear eventually in time.

xraytech
May 7, 2011, 11:07 AM

I used plain tap water.

Xeanor
May 7, 2011, 04:18 PM
In image quality too? Apparently some anti-glare protectors are really grainy. I want to get the best one.

xraytech
May 7, 2011, 04:51 PM
In image quality too? Apparently some anti-glare protectors are really grainy. I want to get the best one.

You lose some screen clarity but compared to others, Power Support is the best out there.

xraytech
May 7, 2011, 04:53 PM

No worries. All that will fade away, it's just trapped water underneath the film.

donnaw
May 7, 2011, 04:55 PM
I have a PS anti-glare and don't find it grainy at all. I have been using screen protectors for over a decade and find the PS to be the best I have ever used. Goes on perfectly. I really like the anti-glare (usually use a crystal) because it almost completely stops fingerprints and does stop the glare. I also like the way it feels when touching the screen. Highly recommend.

OverSpun
May 7, 2011, 07:45 PM
I have a PS anti-glare and don't find it grainy at all. I have been using screen protectors for over a decade and find the PS to be the best I have ever used. Goes on perfectly. I really like the anti-glare (usually use a crystal) because it almost completely stops fingerprints and does stop the glare. I also like the way it feels when touching the screen. Highly recommend.

I've been a fan of the anti-glare from power support on my last iphones and my ipad1 but I found it being slightly grainy. I guess the pros are without fingerprints and how it feels better... So, of course the only con is a little grain, but I've been happy with my films from power support.

I'm still deciding if I should use crystal this time on my ipad2 until I make sure I don't have any bad backlight bleeding since I just read about it until I use my ipad at night. :)

gigemzach
May 7, 2011, 08:26 PM
Still can't decide which one to get. :D I'm back and forth all day.

erayser
May 7, 2011, 08:46 PM
When I bought my iPad 1, when it was first released, the first thing I did was preorder a crystal PS film for it. When I replaced my iPad 1 for the iPad 2, I didn't have a second thought on getting AG film this time around. I hated the glare outside or where there are bright lights... and constantly cleaning fingerprints off the screen. Crystal film looks great when it's clean, but with touch screen device.. it's not easy to keep clean. I had to give AG film a shot. Its more usable outside, and looks great. I don't think I'll ever go back crystal film.

bld33
May 8, 2011, 11:42 AM
Still can't decide which one to get. :D I'm back and forth all day.

My vote is for the anti-glare. I just installed one and it is pretty great. Very clear, better under lights/sunlight, and a huge decrease in fingerprints. I had a cheap clear film on my iPad1 and have tried twice with front BSE protectors on my iPad2 (BSE on the back is great) and the powersupport anti-glare is heads and shoulders above the rest. It sucks it is so expensive, but for me it was worth it.

holyindian
May 8, 2011, 05:58 PM
I had ordered it from B&H Photo Video, but the item never shipped even after one month. I cancelled the order and ordered it online from PowerSupport. Recieved the item in two days, today i am a happy contender.
Crystal is just awesome. Cant compromise on the clarity of the ipad with an AntiGlare.

OverSpun
May 8, 2011, 06:25 PM
I had ordered it from B&H Photo Video, but the item never shipped even after one month. I cancelled the order and ordered it online from PowerSupport. Recieved the item in two days, today i am a happy contender.
Crystal is just awesome. Cant compromise on the clarity of the ipad with an AntiGlare.

I've bought from B&H for my camera years back and I didn't have any issues with them. Besides- I always ordered from Power Support @ direct.

I just need to decide if I want to try the crystal this time.. hmm.

atiqueny
May 8, 2011, 08:37 PM
No worries. All that will fade away, it's just trapped water underneath the film.

Thanks. It's been three days now and the spots definitely seem to be fading. I had no idea that it would take this long.

OverSpun
May 8, 2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks. It's been three days now and the spots definitely seem to be fading. I had no idea that it would take this long.

I had a couple spots on my ipad1 last year and i pushed on them a little since they were on the sides of the film, and it made it faster.

gigemzach
May 16, 2011, 10:03 PM
I wanted to thank every one who pushed me in the direction of power support and anti glare. Absolutely the best. Thanks.

dndandrea
Jun 13, 2011, 06:06 PM
Mine just arrived and it only came with a screen. Are you supposed to just stick it on there and hope you lined it up perfectly? Is it easier to use just water and a squeege?

dhcl604
Jun 13, 2011, 06:43 PM
Mine just arrived and it only came with a screen. Are you supposed to just stick it on there and hope you lined it up perfectly? Is it easier to use just water and a squeege?
I didn't use water but I did steam up my bathroom as to keep the floating lint to a minimum. Watch the video and use the scotch tape as shown.
I'm very happy with the Power Support AG film on my iPad 2.

ajohnson253
Jun 13, 2011, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to hit the apple store tonight to pick one of these anti glares up. Always used them for my iPhones. Hope it's the same experience with the iPad.

maverick86
Jun 13, 2011, 07:15 PM
I can't wait to hit the apple store tonight to pick one of these anti glares up. Always used them for my iPhones. Hope it's the same experience with the iPad.

I know they have the anti-glares for iPhones but do they even have them for the iPad 2's yet? I've been in a couple Apple stores yesterday and today and didn't see any.

dndandrea
Jun 13, 2011, 08:29 PM
wow went on like butter. easyyy, great product.

ajohnson253
Jun 14, 2011, 12:34 AM
I know they have the anti-glares for iPhones but do they even have them for the iPad 2's yet? I've been in a couple Apple stores yesterday and today and didn't see any.

I also went in today & found nothing. I asked an employee, he said that they did not carry them in store they have to be ordered online. I wanted it now lol.