Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Loving my new best skins ever... skin, much better than the invisibleshield I had on before, but I think I might have put too much soap in the soap/water solution. It looks like I have thousands of tiny bubbles under the film in splotches (which over the lcd look like someones greasy hands were on it) they can't be squeegeed out and I can't tell if any have gone away since I installed it.

If they're just bubbles, I'm betting they'll go away in a few days, but I'm worried it's actual soap residue or something. Would I have to reapply the skin? Can I even do that?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Chriseybear

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Liverpool
When did you put it on?
I'm currently waiting for mine to come to the UK, but from what I've read they often disappear, sometimes over night. Sometimes 2 weeks + keep waiting I'd say :)

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
When did you put it on?
I'm currently waiting for mine to come to the UK, but from what I've read they often disappear, sometimes over night. Sometimes 2 weeks + keep waiting I'd say :)

About 8pm last night (it's now 1pm) I guess I'll leave it alone for now.

chrisperro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2009
canada
Loving my new best skins ever... skin, much better than the invisibleshield I had on before, but I think I might have put too much soap in the soap/water solution. It looks like I have thousands of tiny bubbles under the film in splotches (which over the lcd look like someones greasy hands were on it) they can't be squeegeed out and I can't tell if any have gone away since I installed it.

If they're just bubbles, I'm betting they'll go away in a few days, but I'm worried it's actual soap residue or something. Would I have to reapply the skin? Can I even do that?

Has anyone else had this issue?
the soap will go away after a few days and NO you cant reapply.

macsolo

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Bangkok
Same thing happened to my iPod. The screen does clear after abit but some smudges remained. I guess you could probably reapply it, just be carefull not to stretch the skin.

I didn't bother putting the best skins ever front skin on my iPad. Tho the back looks awesome with it on.

Chriseybear

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
Liverpool
About 8pm last night (it's now 1pm) I guess I'll leave it alone for now.

Yeah definitely leave it, hopefully should be nothing visable in a few days.
I've got one of those cheap ebay protector jobs on mine at the minute while I wait for my BSE, the bubbles in that don't go away :( haha.

chrisperro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2009
canada
Same thing happened to my iPod. The screen does clear after abit but some smudges remained. I guess you could probably reapply it, just be carefull not to stretch the skin.

I didn't bother putting the best skins ever front skin on my iPad. Tho the back looks awesome with it on.

DO NOT reapply.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Umm with an install that fresh you can totally reapply. I've reapplied skins a week later for some people, never had a problem. Gently peel up, re soak then set back down on the device.

chrisperro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2009
canada
Umm with an install that fresh you can totally reapply. I've reapplied skins a week later for some people, never had a problem. Gently peel up, re soak then set back down on the device.
Maybe but whats the point? The OP needs to be patience cause the soap goes away.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I had a hard time with BSE on my Touch4. back and front. It was hard to smooth out the front skin and work out bubbles because the skin was so slippery with the soap and the Touch is such a small screen. The BSE has orange peel too. It's okay, you get what you pay for.
I MUCH prefer dry installs like Power Support. PS at 2-3x as much $$ shows the difference. I've used both brands, just hard to pay PS prices since I trade up my devices pretty regularly. but PS is excellent. I like their anti-glare so I can use devices outside and in bright rooms.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
I'm not a fan of the look or texture of the antiglare varieties. This BSE skin is very nice and smooth (feels better than the glass itself in my opinion)

My only concern was weather they were bubbles or residue (I tried using the least fancy soap I could find so it wouldn't have moisturizers and crap in it) bubbles I'm betting will go away, residue won't. but I think the best course of action based on your guys responses seems to be to just wait.

I appreciate the advise guys.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
I had a hard time with BSE on my Touch4. back and front. It was hard to smooth out the front skin and work out bubbles because the skin was so slippery with the soap and the Touch is such a small screen. The BSE has orange peel too. It's okay, you get what you pay for.
I MUCH prefer dry installs like Power Support. PS at 2-3x as much $$ shows the difference. I've used both brands, just hard to pay PS prices since I trade up my devices pretty regularly. but PS is excellent. I like their anti-glare so I can use devices outside and in bright rooms.

price isn't everything. zagg's invisibleshield is $40 and sucks.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
On the iPad, I use a screen protector for anti-glare mostly. If not for that, I'd prefer the feel of the glass. My iPad turns into a mirror in the Texas sun without anti-glare.
wish they could make these really reusable. I trade out devices pretty often. That's why I put the cheaper BSE on my Touch, mostly to protect the shiny back, but it came with a front so I slapped er slipped that on. My install is not as good as PS ones. those go on easier and clean.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
I used my extra zagg solution from my previous orders of the invisibleshield and applied it to my bestskinsever. Worked flawlessly!

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Power Support

Very helpful. Pft

On the iPad, I use a screen protector for anti-glare mostly. If not for that, I'd prefer the feel of the glass. My iPad turns into a mirror in the Texas sun without anti-glare.
wish they could make these really reusable. I trade out devices pretty often. That's why I put the cheaper BSE on my Touch, mostly to protect the shiny back, but it came with a front so I slapped er slipped that on. My install is not as good as PS ones. those go on easier and clean.

After I posted about the crappy cs and fitment from zagg people were all posting their recommendations. I took a look at the pictures for all the different versions. The fronts all looked similar and bse had the best back by far. So I went with bse.

As for the sun, everything sucks. I wish they could use a transflective screen but that would reduce the sharpness and make the iPad way more expensive.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
didn't try to reapply, just wanted to note the little bubbles are still there. I'll try to get a picture later.

firteen888

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
I originally got 2 front screens. The first one I used alot of soap in my mixture, and after a week, while much of it cleared up, it still had a cloudy residuey look to it. I ended up taking it off and applying the second one with NO soap. The installation was relatively more difficult without the soap but the end product is a million times better! You can't even tell there's a screen protector on.

I would leave it on for a few days and see how much of it clears up. if it's anything like my original install, it will look OK but not perfect.

RadicalxEdward

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
I originally got 2 front screens. The first one I used alot of soap in my mixture, and after a week, while much of it cleared up, it still had a cloudy residuey look to it. I ended up taking it off and applying the second one with NO soap. The installation was relatively more difficult without the soap but the end product is a million times better! You can't even tell there's a screen protector on.

I would leave it on for a few days and see how much of it clears up. if it's anything like my original install, it will look OK but not perfect.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy another one. Oh well.

firteen888

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy another one. Oh well.

You may not, just give it a few days and it may turn out well. These wet install protectors tend to look better as time goes on.

JustCrusin

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
Almost 3 weeks and still waiting for my tiny bubbles to disappear. It is better but not crystal

Aqua Bliss

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
I mentioned like 3 times in the BSE thread don't use soap, and if you must use only a very small drop of baby shampoo.

I used BSE on a phone with wayyyy too much soap, took 3 months for everything to clear but it did clear eventually.

BSE doesn't need soap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.