PDA

View Full Version : Switcheasy Canvas - Looks good!

Pages : [1] 2 3

psychonaut
Apr 7, 2011, 01:17 PM
Just ordered - it looks real good. The extra layer on the back adds a little bulk (Looks like it) but overall it seems impressive. Includes sleep/wake and stand features as well!

I am looking forward to getting this one in hand.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2

jedolley
Apr 7, 2011, 01:23 PM
Ugh... It looks nice, but I hate that design. I don't know why so many manufacturers choose to use that design where the back of the case comes off and you use he cover as the stand base.

drenline
Apr 7, 2011, 01:47 PM
I wish it came in white, I would've ordered it too.

KylePowers
Apr 7, 2011, 01:54 PM
NICE!

Good find! I may just bite on this one. Is it shipping immediately? Maybe I'll wait until some reviews come out with some different pictures. This is definitely going to the top of my list though!

psychonaut
Apr 7, 2011, 01:59 PM
NICE!

Good find! I may just bite on this one. Is it shipping immediately? Maybe I'll wait until some reviews come out with some different pictures. This is definitely going to the top of my list though!

Yeah, looks to be shipping now. I ordered the Black and Charcoal and suspect they will ship it tonight/tomorrow. (This is what happened with the Cara case that I also ordered from them)

I am close to their shipping location so I'll have it early next week at which point i'll provide my impressions etc.. in a video review.

CH34P3T
Apr 7, 2011, 07:10 PM
Exactly what I've been waiting for. Thanks for the heads up.

KylePowers
Apr 8, 2011, 12:00 AM
Question: is the outer cover supposed to be like a synthetic leather? I can't really tell from the pictures, but the threading along the edges sort of makes it look so. They say this in the description, "we have employed a special water resistant, shock absorbent, matte finished outer shell which is both soft to hold but also easy to grip." Hmm

madat42
Apr 8, 2011, 12:57 PM
Question: is the outer cover supposed to be like a synthetic leather? I can't really tell from the pictures, but the threading along the edges sort of makes it look so. They say this in the description, "we have employed a special water resistant, shock absorbent, matte finished outer shell which is both soft to hold but also easy to grip." Hmm

From the website:
Made from Durable scratch resistant matte coated canvas material.

Sounds like cordua to me. Similar to the Timbuk2 bag material. I took the plunge and ordered a grey Canvas because I need a case asap, and it looks like it has everything I need (and more). I just hope it's not terribly bulky. $50 includes the case, screen protector, and port plugs.

madat42
Apr 8, 2011, 01:08 PM
Ugh... It looks nice, but I hate that design. I don't know why so many manufacturers choose to use that design where the back of the case comes off and you use he cover as the stand base.

I think it's because this design allows the outside cover to continue laying face down on whatever surface you put it on. That makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is that other design where you flip the cover over and lay the internal micro-fiber side down on the surface, picking up dirt, dust and debris and then flipping it back over onto your screen.

jedolley
Apr 8, 2011, 01:30 PM
I think it's because this design allows the outside cover to continue laying face down on whatever surface you put it on. That makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is that other design where you flip the cover over and lay the internal micro-fiber side down on the surface, picking up dirt, dust and debris and then flipping it back over onto your screen.

I can appreciate that. I should also give SwitchEasy credit for is they changed it up a bit. Unlike some of the other cases with this design, this case never exposes the back of the iPad. I just noticed the "Canvas" part comes off the shell which is always protecting the iPad.

madat42
Apr 8, 2011, 01:42 PM
I can appreciate that. I should also give SwitchEasy credit for is they changed it up a bit. Unlike some of the other cases with this design, this case never exposes the back of the iPad. I just noticed the "Canvas" part comes off the shell which is always protecting the iPad.

That's what I like about it. However, I'm concerned how this will also bulk up the entire package. Well, we'll see in a few days.

pbateman.as
Apr 8, 2011, 06:35 PM
Just ordered one in black. Looking forward to receiving it and posting some pics.

jedolley
Apr 8, 2011, 09:04 PM
iLounge has posted some pic of this case... I might have to change my mind on this especially since the Mareware Microshell Folio is in limbo.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/switcheasy-canvas-for-ipad-2/

psychonaut
Apr 9, 2011, 08:45 PM
So my carbon and black SwitchEasy Canvas cases came today and I'll call it right now. This is the case to beat. I am considering canceling my Marware C.E.O. Case now because I really can't see any folio case getting much better than this one. For scope, I've reviewed a bunch of iPad 2 cases so I have plenty to compare to.

Yes it adds some bulk and weight but not as much as a book jacket.

It completely protects the device between the polycarbonate shell and outer coated Nylon cover.

Sleep wake feature works perfect and when folded back does not trigger the sleep feature.

All angles for typing and viewing are great IMO.

Sorry to gush on this case but it's the first iPad 2 case that I can 100% recommend without reservation.

The only reason I can think not to buy this are:

1. You want a naked or close to naked iPad
2. You insisit on a back skin, as I'm not sure the fit will be right with a back skin applied.

Other than that it's a winning case! No conflict with any screen protectors either.

No pics to show at the moment but do a YouTube search on SwitchEasy Canvas iPad 2 Case later tonight and I should have my video review up.

If you have questions let me know.

jeff_siler
Apr 9, 2011, 09:01 PM
Can you fold it open like a book? How is it in this position?

psychonaut
Apr 9, 2011, 09:14 PM
Yes you can, it will not trigger the sleep feature and it's pretty comfortable overall in the folded back position.

jedolley
Apr 9, 2011, 09:24 PM
No pics to show at the moment but do a YouTube search on SwitchEasy Canvas iPad 2 Case later tonight and I should have my video review up.

Even though this may not be what I am looking for, I always enjoy your videos.

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
Even though this may not be what I am looking for, I always enjoy your videos.

Hey thanks. :)

jeff_siler
Apr 10, 2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah your videos are top notch. Thanks again. Right now i'm trying to decide between the incase magazine jacket and this case.

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah your videos are top notch. Thanks again. Right now i'm trying to decide between the incase magazine jacket and this case.

I'd say it depends on if you want a minimalistic with little bulk case or one that provides a much higher level of protection, uses the sleep and wake feature but adds some bulk.

If it helps I should have my incase magazine video up tomorrow (the switcheasy is up now).

jeff_siler
Apr 10, 2011, 01:21 AM
I'd say it depends on if you want a minimalistic with little bulk case or one that provides a much higher level of protection, uses the sleep and wake feature but adds some bulk.

If it helps I should have my incase magazine video up tomorrow (the switcheasy is up now).

With the switcheasy, does the lip interfere when holding it in book mode (cover folded behind)? What about if you lay it on the table in book mode (inside of the cover folded behind touching the table?

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 01:28 AM
With the switcheasy, does the lip interfere when holding it in book mode (cover folded behind)? What about if you lay it on the table in book mode (inside of the cover folded behind touching the table?

Holding it absolutely not, on a table folded back not at all as a matter of fact it actually helps to stable it and prevent it from wobbling.

KylePowers
Apr 10, 2011, 01:34 AM
iLounge has posted some pic of this case... I might have to change my mind on this especially since the Mareware Microshell Folio is in limbo.

Bleh, I knew it was called "Canvas"... didn't think it was actually covered in canvas-like material. I think I'll pass *sigh*

madat42
Apr 10, 2011, 01:41 AM
Bleh, I knew it was called "Canvas"... didn't think it was actually covered in canvas-like material. I think I'll pass *sigh*

Heh, after my awful experience with the Yoobao case and its treated with who-knows-what "genuine" leather, canvas is alright with me.

flatline82
Apr 10, 2011, 01:43 AM
Looking forward to receiving mine on Monday! :cool:

RobertK81
Apr 10, 2011, 03:56 AM
So my carbon and black SwitchEasy Canvas cases came today and I'll call it right now. This is the case to beat. I am considering canceling my Marware C.E.O. Case now because I really can't see any folio case getting much better than this one. For scope, I've reviewed a bunch of iPad 2 cases so I have plenty to compare to.

Yes it adds some bulk and weight but not as much as a book jacket.

It completely protects the device between the polycarbonate shell and outer coated Nylon cover.

Sleep wake feature works perfect and when folded back does not trigger the sleep feature.

All angles for typing and viewing are great IMO.

Sorry to gush on this case but it's the first iPad 2 case that I can 100% recommend without reservation.

The only reason I can think not to buy this are:

1. You want a naked or close to naked iPad
2. You insisit on a back skin, as I'm not sure the fit will be right with a back skin applied.

Other than that it's a winning case! No conflict with any screen protectors either.

Hey psychonaut. Case looks and seems great!

Could you tell me if using the lowest angle is stable on the LAP, instead of a flat non moving surface? I sit/lay on the couch and really looking for a case with 45 degree angle that is stable for browsing/gaming.

Otherwise search goes on, maybe the Marware CEO which also has the minimal bezel coverage.

2 Owls
Apr 10, 2011, 05:57 AM
This looks perfect, I'm looking for one now in the uk.

brudog68
Apr 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
Great vid psycho...I've been using the Targus 360 which is similar in form, but like this better...

You mention the polycarbonate matches the canvas in color, but the switch easy website shows contrasting colors for the brown and gray cases? Just FYI, if it was an oversight.

BTW...I've not used my 3G yet, but curious if these type cases interfere at all with signal, since they cover all but the top line of the 3G "antennae" piece?

jedolley
Apr 10, 2011, 12:22 PM
This looks perfect, I'm looking for one now in the uk.

It's listed on Switcheasy's European site as well.

http://www.switcheasy-europe.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/

2 Owls
Apr 10, 2011, 03:23 PM
It's listed on Switcheasy's European site as well.

http://www.switcheasy-europe.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/

I spotted that, two weeks delivery :( and after seeing the video I really want one :D I'm hoping eBay comes to the rescue sooner than that, but I think it will be worth the wait :)

muymal
Apr 10, 2011, 06:52 PM
Can you measure the thickness of the case please. Thnx

Randy182
Apr 10, 2011, 10:26 PM
Hi for those who have purchased the case, are you able to check the order status on switcheasy.com? I don't see any link to it and I don't know when the case will be shipped. :confused:

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 11:04 PM
Hey psychonaut. Case looks and seems great!

Could you tell me if using the lowest angle is stable on the LAP, instead of a flat non moving surface? I sit/lay on the couch and really looking for a case with 45 degree angle that is stable for browsing/gaming.

Otherwise search goes on, maybe the Marware CEO which also has the minimal bezel coverage.

Don't know if you have seen the video I did but the last position I show is the lowest and it's basically achieved by flipping the cover around like a book and then using the fold to prop it up in the low typing angle. Because it has those two built in feet it is very stable on the lap (I do the same thing when gaming).

Hope this helps.

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 11:05 PM
Great vid psycho...I've been using the Targus 360 which is similar in form, but like this better...

You mention the polycarbonate matches the canvas in color, but the switch easy website shows contrasting colors for the brown and gray cases? Just FYI, if it was an oversight.

BTW...I've not used my 3G yet, but curious if these type cases interfere at all with signal, since they cover all but the top line of the 3G "antennae" piece?

Thanks and good catch on the colors, I missed that.

mcdj
Apr 10, 2011, 11:35 PM
I like the attention to detail on this case, but I have to say, it looks way too thick for me. I'm using a smart cover with a slim leather sleeve and it's about half the thickness of this canvas case. It's a shame because the only cases I like are ones that don't cover the bezel, like this one.

On a side note, why no link to the youtube video? I had to search for another of your reviews to find your youtube channel…and the thread for it (hard candy case) was in the wasteland…?

psychonaut
Apr 10, 2011, 11:42 PM
I like the attention to detail on this case, but I have to say, it looks way too thick for me. I'm using a smart cover with a slim leather sleeve and it's about half the thickness of this canvas case. It's a shame because the only cases I like are ones that don't cover the bezel, like this one.

On a side note, why no link to the youtube video? I had to search for another of your reviews to find your youtube channel…and the thread for it (hard candy case) was in the wasteland…?

I would like to link my videos but I was given an infraction on these forums for linking to them - was given the reason "self promotion" and noticed all my threads with links to videos were moved to the wasteland.

Oh well, I don't make the rules and I don't want to get banned so I stopped linking. :confused:

mcdj
Apr 10, 2011, 11:45 PM
I would like to link my videos but I was given an infraction on these forums for linking to them - was given the reason "self promotion" and noticed all my threads with links to videos were moved to the wasteland.

Oh well, I don't make the rules and I don't want to get banned so I stopped linking. :confused:

ugh. maybe you could just embed them in the thread…seen plenty of people do that, though they may not have been reviewers.

jedolley
Apr 11, 2011, 12:06 AM
ugh. maybe you could just embed them in the thread…seen plenty of people do that, though they may not have been reviewers.

I've also seen several people that have their youtube channel linked in their sig.

I don't exactly know how Youtube works in regards to subscribers and ratings... My wife of all people was explaining some of it to me the other day (she watches a lot of make-up/beauty videos)... I didn't realize that some of these people are given the product to review, and some are even paid in some way... With that said, I've always had the impression that psychonaut/metagamers was reviewing products (at least mostly) he purchased as a fellow consumer and as an interested iProduct accessories connoisseur.

Either way, link or no link, I'm subscribed so no problem there.

RobertK81
Apr 11, 2011, 03:38 AM
Don't know if you have seen the video I did but the last position I show is the lowest and it's basically achieved by flipping the cover around like a book and then using the fold to prop it up in the low typing angle. Because it has those two built in feet it is very stable on the lap (I do the same thing when gaming).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Psycho. I saw the video...but still wanted to make sure for an uneven surface. Im ordering it!!

But now i have the issue...BLACK OR CHARCOAL for my black iPad ;-)

benjamin9876
Apr 11, 2011, 04:57 AM
any where to get this for a discount price?
or any coupon code?

love this case, would like to order one.

broboore
Apr 11, 2011, 08:03 AM
Great review. Thanks. I was leaning towards this case anyway, but your review helped. Switcheasy always makes quality stuff.

I don't think there will be any discount codes. There prices and shipping are always pretty reasonable. Especially when you compare to other companies. If Apple has made this, they would have charged 99+ for it.

Bought a charcoal. Hopefully I will get it this week.

muymal
Apr 11, 2011, 08:16 AM
hey psychonaut or anyone who has the case, would someone mind measuring the depth of this case. thanks!

psychonaut
Apr 11, 2011, 09:21 AM
hey psychonaut or anyone who has the case, would someone mind measuring the depth of this case. thanks!

I'll do this for you when I get home from work tonight if no one else has by then.

btcutter
Apr 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
How is this case different than the Toblino one (leather) and seems slimmer to me? Toblino is cheaper by 10 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Hard to decide on a case!

DizzyV6P
Apr 11, 2011, 09:51 AM
Great...another "perfect" case to consider. LOL. I just picked up the Targus 360 this past weekend, but now it looks like I'm going to have to try this one out. Does anyone know if they are shipping yet?
Thanks for the review and pictures!

btcutter: The big difference seems to be the plastic backing continues to be attached to the iPad when you prop it up in landscape mode. The problem I have with the Marwar and Toblino cases seems to be that the back of the iPad has to come off the clip in order to propr it up for landscape mode.

hdfan67
Apr 11, 2011, 10:11 AM
How is this case different than the Toblino one (leather) and seems slimmer to me? Toblino is cheaper by 10 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Toblino-Leather-Folio-Convertable-Multi-angle/dp/B004TM1JBE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Hard to decide on a case!

It is hard. I was deciding between the Portenzo, Toblino, and Marware CEO Hybrid before I finally pulled the trigger this morning on this SwitchEasy. This was my thinking (just my 2c):

In my mind, the pros/cons were like this:
Portenzo:
Pros: Beautifully crafted case, stealth look, sound channel to direct sound to you (unique among these 4), customization options
Cons: More expensive ($68), fewer horizontal positions and not much of a typing position, horizontal stability requires using strap for friction, longer lead times. Overall - just a few too many cons for the price for me.

Toblino:
Pros: Less expensive ($40), real leather, in-stock
Cons: Backside leaves some areas exposed (seems scratches still possible), typing position looks like you'll get iPad bounce as you type

Marware CEO Hybrid:
Pros: Less expensive ($30 from Amazon, Adorama, etc), strap on back for stable one-handed use (unique among these 4)
Cons: Backslide leaves some areas exposed (but seems less exposed than Toblino, so this may be a non-issue), typing position looks like you'll get iPad bounce, have to pop out one side to go into horizontal positions, on backorder (though I think it'll be shipping soon), smells bad (chemical smell) initially (though dissipates over time). For me, personally, I'm tired of the carbon fiber look (though this could be a plus for you).

SwitchEasy Canvas:
Pros: Total backside protection, don't have to pop out iPad to go horizontal, 3 horizontal positions, canvas/nylon is nice change up (to me, though material could be a con for some), typing position appears more stable, comes with extras (screen protector, port plugs, etc), reasonable price ($54) if screen protector is usable
Cons: Bit thicker than Toblino or Marware, typing position (while more sturdy) requires microfiber side out, not sure if existing backside skin plays well with backside shell

I had the Marware CEO and PowerSupport Crystal combo on order, both backordered, with both together being a bit more expensive than the SwitchEasy ($64 vs $54). Don't mind the thicker profile, as I do have a backside skin and if I want ultimate thinness, I'll just pop it out and use it w/o case. I'm sure the PowerSupport protector is better than what comes with the SwitchEasy, but I'm hoping it will be good enough.

From cosmetic standpoint (this is very personal):
Portenzo > Toblino, > SwitchEasy > Marware

Protection:
SwitchEasy > Portenzo > Marware > Toblino
(Portenzo would be same as SwitchEasy if you added screen protector)

Usability/Versatility:
SwitchEasy > Portenzo > Toblino > Portenzo

Mickief
Apr 11, 2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks a million Psychonaut....the Switcheasy really does seem like the perfect case. I mentioned this product (and your video review) at another message board and the folks there would like to know how much the case weighs.

If anyone could come up with that info, well, that'd be just great.

Thanks!

Mickie

btcutter
Apr 11, 2011, 11:36 AM
It is hard. I was deciding between the Portenzo, Toblino, and Marware CEO Hybrid before I finally pulled the trigger this morning on this SwitchEasy. This was my thinking (just my 2c):

In my mind, the pros/cons were like this:
Portenzo:
Pros: Beautifully crafted case, stealth look, sound channel to direct sound to you (unique among these 4), customization options
Cons: More expensive ($68), fewer horizontal positions and not much of a typing position, horizontal stability requires using strap for friction, longer lead times. Overall - just a few too many cons for the price for me.

Toblino:
Pros: Less expensive ($40), real leather, in-stock
Cons: Backside leaves some areas exposed (seems scratches still possible), typing position looks like you'll get iPad bounce as you type

Marware CEO Hybrid:
Pros: Less expensive ($30 from Amazon, Adorama, etc), strap on back for stable one-handed use (unique among these 4)
Cons: Backslide leaves some areas exposed (but seems less exposed than Toblino, so this may be a non-issue), typing position looks like you'll get iPad bounce, have to pop out one side to go into horizontal positions, on backorder (though I think it'll be shipping soon), smells bad (chemical smell) initially (though dissipates over time). For me, personally, I'm tired of the carbon fiber look (though this could be a plus for you).

SwitchEasy Canvas:
Pros: Total backside protection, don't have to pop out iPad to go horizontal, 3 horizontal positions, canvas/nylon is nice change up (to me, though material could be a con for some), typing position appears more stable, comes with extras (screen protector, port plugs, etc), reasonable price ($54) if screen protector is usable
Cons: Bit thicker than Toblino or Marware, typing position (while more sturdy) requires microfiber side out, not sure if existing backside skin plays well with backside shell

I had the Marware CEO and PowerSupport Crystal combo on order, both backordered, with both together being a bit more expensive than the SwitchEasy ($64 vs $54). Don't mind the thicker profile, as I do have a backside skin and if I want ultimate thinness, I'll just pop it out and use it w/o case. I'm sure the PowerSupport protector is better than what comes with the SwitchEasy, but I'm hoping it will be good enough.

From cosmetic standpoint (this is very personal):
Portenzo > Toblino, > SwitchEasy > Marware

Protection:
SwitchEasy > Portenzo > Marware > Toblino
(Portenzo would be same as SwitchEasy if you added screen protector)

Usability/Versatility:
SwitchEasy > Portenzo > Toblino > Portenzo

Very nice breakdown. Appreciate the help. I gotta go back and look again.

dylanursula
Apr 11, 2011, 02:35 PM
Great thread... I ordered this from Switcheasy on Saturday but no confirmation email nor ability to check status? Anyone else have news on their orders?

RobertK81
Apr 11, 2011, 02:53 PM
Great thread... I ordered this from Switcheasy on Saturday but no confirmation email nor ability to check status? Anyone else have news on their orders?

Same thing here. Ordered, got my Paypal confirmation, but thats it. No email whatsoever from Switcheasy. This gets me uneasy, 99 out 100 times you get at least a confirmation..

Emailed them about this and hope to get a reply soon. Will keep this thread posted if its still an issue.

dylanursula
Apr 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
Same thing here. Ordered, got my Paypal confirmation, but thats it. No email whatsoever from Switcheasy. This gets me uneasy, 99 out 100 times you get at least a confirmation..

Emailed them about this and hope to get a reply soon. Will keep this thread posted if its still an issue.

I did the same, and just got an email from them saying it will ship today.

hdfan67
Apr 11, 2011, 03:15 PM

I ordered this morning a little before 8am. I received a shipping notification for a USPS priority mail shipment from SwitchEasy just now. I also didn't receive an order confirmation (other than my Paypal payment confirmation from Paypal), but they appear to be very quick processing orders based on my experience.

Will post more when I get the case and try it out.

I'm curious whether my existing LuckyLabs skin will play nice with the shell. Will post on that as well as other impressions (quality of screen protector, etc) later this week once I get the case.

psychonaut
Apr 11, 2011, 03:15 PM
I am not sure if they process orders over the weekend but I could be wrong. When I ordered my Canvas and Cara cases it was a weekday and took about 1 to 1 1/2 days before I got a shipping notification.

Because my location is so close to where they ship from it only took 1 day for the product to get to me via USPS Priority.

pbateman.as
Apr 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
I ordered mine on Friday night, ET, and just received an email confirming shipping.

madat42
Apr 11, 2011, 04:19 PM
The only confirmation I got after ordering was from Paypal. A day later, I got the shipment notice from Switcheasy. Should arrive tomorrow (I'm hoping).

madat42
Apr 11, 2011, 04:26 PM
Psychonaut, excellent review. Eagerly awaiting mine.

Looks like iLounge liked it too:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/switcheasy-canvas-for-ipad-2/. They gave it an A-. They're usually pretty conservative with their reviews too.

flatline82
Apr 11, 2011, 04:45 PM
I got mine in the mail a couple hours ago....this case is seriously fantastic. Nearly no faults for it that I can see. Loving the charcoal color as well!

muymal
Apr 11, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'll do this for you when I get home from work tonight if no one else has by then.

Thanks! can't wait!

KronicX
Apr 11, 2011, 07:29 PM
Black and Charcoal are both out of stock. I got an email today saying that my case was shipped, followed by another email a couple of hours later saying the item was out of stock and wouldn't ship for 4 days.

Afro Blu
Apr 11, 2011, 07:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ordered mine Saturday, received a shipping notice this morning, then a email saying they were out of stock and expecting a shipment in 4 days. Not cool.

Anyone else get an email?

Afro Blu
Apr 11, 2011, 07:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Black and Charcoal are both out of stock. I got an email today saying that my case was shipped, followed by another email a couple of hours later saying the item was out of stock and wouldn't ship for 4 days.

Are you going to cancel?

pbateman.as
Apr 11, 2011, 07:32 PM

Are you going to cancel?

I just received the same email.

KronicX
Apr 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
No reason to cancel. I'm not in that big of a hurry. My current iPad is getting taken back once its replacement arrives at the Apple store. I originally took it back to be replaced because of dust under the screen, but since have noticed a stuck pixel and severe backlight bleeding.

Not to mention, it is easily the best case out there for my needs.

dylanursula
Apr 11, 2011, 08:15 PM
I just received the same email.

I got the same - Really disappointing, this seems to be the way of my recent orders with SwitchEasy :(

gigemzach
Apr 11, 2011, 08:38 PM
I really want this case, but only if it works with my back BSE.

josun
Apr 11, 2011, 08:52 PM
I really want this case, but only if it works with my back BSE.

X2. I'm waiting on someone to confirm on this as well.

raptorstv
Apr 11, 2011, 10:08 PM
I ordered this case on Sunday, and just got an email from them. I wanted to be shipped to Canada, hopefully it will get here soon! Can't wait! Seems like an excellent case, the black and grey are out of stock already!

"Dear Customer,

Your order will be processed within hours. We will provide the tracking
info by our courier Fedex to you once your order is ready to be shipped.

Regards,

SwitchEasy (International)"

Randy182
Apr 11, 2011, 10:24 PM
Same here. ordered at 10pm Sunday and had the case shipped to Canada. I haven't received any email from them, not even the delay notice. hopefully it'd be cleared soon.

------------------
2 hours later I received this.

"Dear Customer,

Your order will be processed by today/tomorrow. We will provide the tracking info by our courier Fedex to you once your order is ready to be shipped.

Regards,

SwitchEasy (International)"

flatline82
Apr 11, 2011, 10:58 PM
They'll likely ship tomorrow... they are usually quite prompt with doing so. Otherwise, send em' an e-mail as they respond quickly to those as well.

Afro Blu
Apr 11, 2011, 11:11 PM
I got the same - Really disappointing, this seems to be the way of my recent orders with SwitchEasy :(

It would be nice if they shipped next day after the new shipment arrived and we would receive them on time. Had I known it was sold out I may have ordered a different case...

Bckrupps
Apr 12, 2011, 01:04 AM
Mine is on the way. Glad i seen this thread. I get really sick of black and gray. I thought the brown was really sharp looking especially the back. I hope i like it. Im surprised nobody else seems to think the same lol. Maybe im in trouble.

josun
Apr 12, 2011, 02:11 AM
Mine is on the way. Glad i seen this thread. I get really sick of black and gray. I thought the brown was really sharp looking especially the back. I hope i like it. Im surprised nobody else seems to think the same lol. Maybe im in trouble.

I feel exactly the same here. I've always wanted a brown-ish colored folio after having so many black cases and the brown canvas seems to fit the bill. Now, I just have to decide whether to get the Speck's FitFolio or the canvas. :)

benjamin9876
Apr 12, 2011, 02:36 AM
They'll likely ship tomorrow... they are usually quite prompt with doing so. Otherwise, send em' an e-mail as they respond quickly to those as well.

thanks for the vedio, that looks awesome.

got a question here: the case looks more like black in the vedio, how does look in real life?
i really the charcoal color, because it match the back cover's color.
Im also considering the brown, the brown one looks more "unique" feel.
but im worry it would get dirty on the back after using it

benjamin9876
Apr 12, 2011, 02:41 AM

could u do a quick video or post some pics for the brown color case?
i deciding betwwen the brown and charcoal.

Im worry about the brown color because it doesnt not match the back cover's color.

SactoGuy18
Apr 12, 2011, 06:27 AM
I think I just found the case for my iPad 2. :D I'm ordering one right now in grey.

Mickief
Apr 12, 2011, 08:24 AM
Please, can someone weigh the Switcheasy Canvas and post the results here? Thanks!
:)

brudog68
Apr 12, 2011, 09:35 AM
Im worry about the brown color because it doesnt not match the back cover's color.

Im kinda diggin the brown for that reason...the black and tan contrast is cool to me.

hdfan67
Apr 12, 2011, 10:19 AM
Please, can someone weigh the Switcheasy Canvas and post the results here? Thanks!

I should get mine today (hopefully). I'll weigh it and post this evening, along with my first impressions.

Polymira
Apr 12, 2011, 11:20 AM
I ordered a charcoal one on Saturday, got an email yesterday letting me know they were out of them and will have more to ship out in 4 days...

Annoying that I was told 2 days later that they didn't have any in stock, considering I ordered when I did so I would get the case before my iPad... but the personal email I got from customer service was nice. I love switcheasy, bought multiple cases from them back when i was an iPhone user.

madat42
Apr 12, 2011, 11:42 AM
Got mine today. Holy S***, it's perfect. Full protection all around without adding any excessive bulk. I got mine in grey which looks great with the white iPad.

Update: weighs in at 2.25 lbs (with 3G iPad).

flatline82
Apr 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
It really is a fantastic case...loving my charcoal version. I hear they sold out of black/charcoal already! Good for them, glad they nailed a much better iPad 2 case compared to there iPad 1 case offerings.

Also, I took a quick pic of the "Typing position" for this case...

http://twitpic.com/4k2c5u

jhkaplan
Apr 12, 2011, 01:02 PM
It really is a fantastic case...loving my charcoal version. I hear they sold out of black/charcoal already! Good for them, glad they nailed a much better iPad 2 case compared to there iPad 1 case offerings.

Also, I took a quick pic of the "Typing position" for this case...

http://twitpic.com/4k2c5u

Wow, that looks like a bit of an extreme typing angle...anyone else? I think it should be a bit flatter...

eagleglen
Apr 12, 2011, 01:15 PM
Got mine today. Holy S***, it's perfect. Full protection all around without adding any excessive bulk. I got mine in grey which looks great with the white iPad.

Would you mind posting a couple pictures of the gray with the white iPad? That's the combo I'm interested in. Thx :)

madat42
Apr 12, 2011, 01:17 PM
Wow, that looks like a bit of an extreme typing angle...anyone else? I think it should be a bit flatter...

They've got it at the highest angle in that pic, but you can pull it forward or push it back to decrease (flatten) it.

dylanursula
Apr 12, 2011, 01:38 PM
For those of us who are awating orders here is what I just got told...

Hello again!

Our Warehouse is only open Monday through Friday. Over the past
weekend, we received a numerous amount of orders that exceeded our
stock. We were not able to update our website until Monday.

We should be receiving more in the next few days.

Once again, we are so sorry for the inconvenience that this may have
caused.

Kind Regards,
Brianna

flatline82
Apr 12, 2011, 01:42 PM

Due to the stiffness of the nylon cover, you can actually make it flatter and it works just as well. As you can see, there isn't a notch or anything holding that cover in spot (re: like the original Apple iPad case). But yeah, since its so stiff, it can hold it in whatever typing angle you like really...

Like Madat stated, pull it forward or push it back to lower it... =)

madat42
Apr 12, 2011, 01:47 PM
Would you mind posting a couple pictures of the gray with the white iPad? That's the combo I'm interested in. Thx :)

Sorry, I tried taking some pics with my phone but they turned out crappy.

The color is really a warm grey, and sort of like dark khaki. Did I just rhyme?

broboore
Apr 12, 2011, 01:59 PM
I also ordered one, got a shipping notice, and then another email saying it will not be shipping because they sold through there stock. I am a little annoyed, but I hope it gets here soon. The case itself looks great.

i5pro
Apr 12, 2011, 02:02 PM
This looks perfect...too bad the website says not in stock.

kschles
Apr 12, 2011, 02:53 PM
Just checked their website and they are out of all four colors. Sort of makes me really want one :).

muymal
Apr 12, 2011, 03:55 PM

Hey madat, would you mine measuring the depth of the case with it closed and the flap on the back. thnanks!

madat42
Apr 12, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hey madat, would you mine measuring the depth of the case with it closed and the flap on the back. thnanks!

It's .75" closed. When you say flap on the back, do you mean open with the front cover folded over? .75" as well if I crease the fold.

muymal
Apr 12, 2011, 05:28 PM
It's .75" closed. When you say flap on the back, do you mean open with the front cover folded over? .75" as well if I crease the fold.

awesome, that's what i was looking for! thanks for the info!!

raptorstv
Apr 12, 2011, 07:37 PM
it seems like this product is shipped from Hong Kong.... man... will it take forever to get to Canada then???

gigemzach
Apr 12, 2011, 08:31 PM
Has anyone that received theirs yet installed it with a skin of the back? Thanks!

Afro Blu
Apr 12, 2011, 08:37 PM
For those that have received the case... How is the screen protector that comes with it?

hdfan67
Apr 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
Has anyone that received theirs yet installed it with a skin of the back? Thanks!

I installed mine with a LuckyLabs skin on the back. This skin took some flak for not extending very far up sides of the iPad 2. I think in this case, it actually helps because it probably doesn't get anywhere near as much in the way of the side contact points of the case and iPad 2.

It's a snug fit and I had to push with moderate force to get the iPad to sit flush against the top of the case. I suspect it will loosen up more with time.

More in a bit.

hdfan67
Apr 13, 2011, 12:07 AM
For those that have received the case... How is the screen protector that comes with it?

It seems fine so far. Glossy finish (not matte). Applied in steamy bathroom. no visual artifacts I can see. No adhesive - static adhesion. Will post more impressions if I see anything that compromises display quality.

hdfan67
Apr 13, 2011, 12:08 AM

13.8 ounces without iPad 2 in it.

hdfan67
Apr 13, 2011, 12:10 AM
it seems like this product is shipped from Hong Kong.... man... will it take forever to get to Canada then???

Mine shipped from Tracy CA. Ordered Monday, received Tuesday (I'm in San Jose, so it wasn't much of a trip!)

josun
Apr 13, 2011, 12:38 AM
I installed mine with a LuckyLabs skin on the back. This skin took some flak for not extending very far up sides of the iPad 2. I think in this case, it actually helps because it probably doesn't get anywhere near as much in the way of the side contact points of the case and iPad 2.

It's a snug fit and I had to push with moderate force to get the iPad to sit flush against the top of the case. I suspect it will loosen up more with time.

More in a bit.

Can you post some pictures? I too have a body film on and I was wondering how tight it is.

Red93
Apr 13, 2011, 02:30 AM
It's a nice looking case but I would not call it perfect. That extra plastic tray in it will add more weight. I would prefer it was made out of something besides canvas, and have more color choices.

It seems like its taking forever for new cases to come out.

joe2687
Apr 13, 2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks for this thread and the great video review! This is my first iPad and this case appears to be exactly what I was looking for.

Ordered yesterday, shipped late last night (from their international store)... can't wait to get this on my iPad.

Randy182
Apr 13, 2011, 06:11 AM
Mine's shipped out from Hong Kong this morning. Tracking says it'll arrive Vancouver, BC tomorrow. :)

2 Owls
Apr 13, 2011, 06:32 AM
I've tried a cheeky international order, we'll see if they deliver or tell me to wait for the European site to get stock :D

dylanursula
Apr 13, 2011, 07:01 AM
Anyone with an US order over the weekend have any updates to their order?

hdfan67
Apr 13, 2011, 09:51 AM
Can you post some pictures? I too have a body film on and I was wondering how tight it is.

I don't know if these pictures will give you any sense of fit.

First one is just a picture from top showing iPad 2 in case.

Second shows the fit on top - you can see that iPad 2 isn't flush in the case esp in the middle.

Third shows fit on bottom - it's flush all the way.

Last shows the worst corner, which is the upper right. Because it's not "snapped in" tight, it can slightly pop out when I open the cover - never comes out, but comes out just a tad.

Again, I don't know if this is due to the skin I have on the back. Unfortunately, the only way for me to find out is to remove the skin and try to put it in again, which may not be great for the skin. I'll probably end up trying it though at some point.

mjk336
Apr 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
Anyone with an US order over the weekend have any updates to their order?

I ordered Friday and the only update I got was a shipping notice email, and then an email saying they sold out/more to come in 4 days. These emails came on Monday

richardo
Apr 13, 2011, 10:14 AM
Ditto for me...Arrives in Victoria Apr 14th:)

Mine's shipped out from Hong Kong this morning. Tracking says it'll arrive Vancouver, BC tomorrow. :)

yourtoys7
Apr 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure what happened to switcheasy' but their caes and fitment, I've tryed few after I had for 3g (that was the best fitment), after that, it has been nothing but disappointment :mad:

dylanursula
Apr 13, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure what happened to switcheasy' but their caes and fitment, I've tryed few after I had for 3g (that was the best fitment), after that, it has been nothing but disappointment :mad:

My 3G case was great, my nude iphone4 case was woeful and hoping this one is better. The shipment fiasco isn't helping!!!

hterri1
Apr 13, 2011, 02:55 PM
Does the canvas exterior come completely off of the plastic? Or is the velcro just on one side?

psychonaut
Apr 13, 2011, 03:38 PM
Does the canvas exterior come completely off of the plastic? Or is the velcro just on one side?

Just the one side

hterri1
Apr 13, 2011, 03:43 PM
Is there any sort of "locking" feature that stabilizes it in the typing position for when it's on your lap or on a table?

Something like the original iPad 1 case had that Apple released?

psychonaut
Apr 13, 2011, 03:48 PM
Is there any sort of "locking" feature that stabilizes it in the typing position for when it's on your lap or on a table?

Something like the original iPad 1 case had that Apple released?

Nope, but I have not had any issue with the case slipping out of position on the table or in my lap. I think this has to do with the case having plastic feet built into the polycarb shell.

Bckrupps
Apr 13, 2011, 03:55 PM
I agree with hdfan67. Got mine today and its tight. I got the ghost armor on the back. I did get mine to snap in all the way around. I popped it out once and it did barely tear the plastic where the case snaps in. Personally i leave mine in the case so its no big deal to me. For someone who removes it alot it would probably best best not to use a rear skin. Over all the case is solid but popping the ipad in and out all the time would seem to be a hassle. I also noticed that until it breaks in the latch to close it is a pain as it seems a bit short to clasp on. I got the brown one. It does add weight but is rock solid. I love it. Somebody wanting easy removability i suspect wouldnt. With a skin it will snap in fully with a minimal amount of pressure. I cant imagine it fitting with a carbon fiber back.

josun
Apr 13, 2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know if these pictures will give you any sense of fit.

That's more than I could've hoped for. Thanks for posting them. I was afraid that the outcome might be terrible but I think I can live with those faults. Thanks again for the photos. :)

madat42
Apr 13, 2011, 07:22 PM
It's a nice looking case but I would not call it perfect. That extra plastic tray in it will add more weight. I would prefer it was made out of something besides canvas, and have more color choices.

It seems like its taking forever for new cases to come out.

I was concerned about all the above since I was ordering it somewhat blind, having only seen the pictures on their website. The whole thing does add weight but not excess bulk, and for the protection/function it gives, a little extra weight is a good compromise for me. The canvas turned out to be a smooth coated canvas and feels nice in the hand.

dylanursula
Apr 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Just got an email from Switcheasy after I emailed them for an ETA and they responded saying they have no new stock yet... Looks like it now won't be coming until next week :(

reputationZed
Apr 13, 2011, 07:47 PM
Just got an email from Switcheasy after I emailed them for an ETA and they responded saying they have no new stock yet... Looks like it now won't be coming until next week :(
I was told 5-10 days until they have new stock.

eagleglen
Apr 13, 2011, 08:16 PM
I was concerned about all the above since I was ordering it somewhat blind, having only seen the pictures on their website. The whole thing does add weight but not excess bulk, and for the protection/function it gives, a little extra weight is a good compromise for me. The canvas turned out to be a smooth coated canvas and feels nice in the hand.

Thanks for the first hand report. I was wondering, is it difficult to snap the iPad in and out of the tray? For example, I'd be taking the iPad in and out of the case every night to charge on a dock. Does that seem like it would cause excessive wear to the tray or the iPad?

hdfan67
Apr 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the first hand report. I was wondering, is it difficult to snap the iPad in and out of the tray? For example, I'd be taking the iPad in and out of the case every night to charge on a dock. Does that seem like it would cause excessive wear to the tray or the iPad?

Personally, I wouldn't get this if you were going to take this out frequently. I brought mine in to work today and someone asked to see it out of the case - I tried (feebly, but still :o) to take it out of the case, and it wasn't easy, so I didn't. Plus with Bckrupps comment that he "did barely tear the plastic where the case snaps in" makes me think repeated in-and-outs is a bad idea.

hdfan67
Apr 13, 2011, 09:58 PM
Nope, but I have not had any issue with the case slipping out of position on the table or in my lap. I think this has to do with the case having plastic feet built into the polycarb shell.

Agree, it seems very solid in the typing position. As mentioned earlier by another poster, there's not just one typing position, so you have "analog" adjust capability, not just a couple of fixed positions.

eagleglen
Apr 13, 2011, 10:02 PM
Agree, it seems very solid in the typing position. As mentioned earlier by another poster, there's not just one typing position, so you have "analog" adjust capability, not just a couple of fixed positions.

Thanks very much for the feedback. This is what I suspected. It does seem like a nice case tho, but just not for me :-(

Rod11
Apr 13, 2011, 10:21 PM

I ordered mine this past Monday morning received a receipt from Paypal and Email from a sezoltan@gmail.com later that day with my tracking info, and I received it today. Really impressed with it so far.

eagleglen
Apr 13, 2011, 10:37 PM

dylanursula
Apr 13, 2011, 10:38 PM
I ordered mine this past Monday morning received a receipt from Paypal and Email from a sezoltan@gmail.com later that day with my tracking info, and I received it today. Really impressed with it so far.

You ordered 2 days ago and got your tracking info already and the parcel?
WTF Switcheasy if so, I ordered on Saturday!!!!

Rod11
Apr 13, 2011, 11:11 PM
WTF Switcheasy if so, I ordered on Saturday!!!!

Yeah it was 3am when I ordered and received emails about 2 in the afternoon. I will try to upload a pic of it.

dylanursula
Apr 13, 2011, 11:16 PM
Yeah it was 3am when I ordered and received emails about 2 in the afternoon. I will try to upload a pic of it.

This is very disheartening ref Switcheasy! I will be having words lol!

hterri1
Apr 13, 2011, 11:38 PM
Would anyone be willing to post a video or even a few pics of the typing position in use? IMO this could be the best case out there. My main conern is the lack of a "locked" typing position

Bckrupps
Apr 14, 2011, 12:33 AM
After using it for the day a few more things i noticed. It does add some weight but i cant imagine a design being better to protect your ipad. It is really strong. I could back over it with my jeep if anybody wants me to try lol. For watching videos and surfing the net it is really solid standing up. The cover folds back and didnt hinder my ability to play asphalt 6 in the case at all. As far as a position that is low enough for typing with your wrists resting on a surface it aint happening unless you fold the cover around and lay it flat. Overall protection wise i still feel it is one of the most solid and protecting cases out there. For rock solid protection and build quality its awesome. For people who do alot of typing emails ect probably not so much. By the way the brown is really sharp looking. Im really happy with the shade they used. Really professional looking. To clarify its is solid in its upright positions but doesnt go low enough for a natural typing position like say the smart cover but i think its a worthy sacrifice. Awake feature works perfectly. Port plugs were a really nice touch.

hdfan67
Apr 14, 2011, 01:55 AM
Would anyone be willing to post a video or even a few pics of the typing position in use? IMO this could be the best case out there. My main conern is the lack of a "locked" typing position

Upon playing around with this more, I wouldn't say it's "analog" (infinite # of stable typing positions) after all. I would say there are 3 stable typing positions - these are enabled by turning the cover inside out and velcro is still attached.

The 3 stable typing positions are shown below (the last picture is the lowest slotted horizontal viewing position where cover is outside out and velcro is detached - this is just to compare the relative incline).

2 Owls
Apr 14, 2011, 07:34 AM
Good job SwitchEasy, international order is on its way to me in the UK :D

Dakotafan
Apr 14, 2011, 09:06 AM
Any idea when these will be available again in the USA? International has a few available but they obviously don't ship to the USA.

dylanursula
Apr 14, 2011, 09:14 AM
Any idea when these will be available again in the USA? International has a few available but they obviously don't ship to the USA.

Based on the emails I have got they do not have an ETA which for me having placed an order when it showed in stock is VERY FRUSTRATING!

fishcube
Apr 14, 2011, 09:22 AM
Where are the girly colors? I see they offered them in original iPad canvas cases :(

KronicX
Apr 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
WTF Switcheasy if so, I ordered on Saturday!!!!Have you thought you might have ordered a color that was out of stock and the other person ordered a color that was still in stock?

Dakotafan
Apr 14, 2011, 10:01 AM
Based on the emails I have got they do not have an ETA which for me having placed an order when it showed in stock is VERY FRUSTRATING!

wow! best of luck with that.

I have an ipad coming in 2 weeks and need a case! I wanted this one but may need to switch gears.

mr.wiggles
Apr 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
Oh man. Of course the moment I decide on a case (this one... the other night) the company is out of stock! Eh. I suppose there are worse things happening in the world. They'll be shipping again sooner or later. I'll wait.

Thanks for all of your comments on this case. You definitely helped me to make up my mind.

hterri1
Apr 14, 2011, 10:53 AM
Upon playing around with this more, I wouldn't say it's "analog" (infinite # of stable typing positions) after all. I would say there are 3 stable typing positions - these are enabled by turning the cover inside out and velcro is still attached.

The 3 stable typing positions are shown below (the last picture is the lowest slotted horizontal viewing position where cover is outside out and velcro is detached - this is just to compare the relative incline).

Can you fold the front of the cover inward and outwards?

I'm going to try to describe what may make a better typing position:
If you reverse the way you have this position in the photo. Meaning take the cover, turn it inwards, un-velcro it the plastic part, and put the flap inwards to where it makes a wedge of sorts? Would that work?

jentiel
Apr 14, 2011, 10:56 AM
I too had decided on the Switcheasy Canvas based on Psychonaut's review and then went to order and it was out of stock. I emailed Switcheasy and they say it will be in stock in 5-10 days. So I went to Target and bought the Speck FitFolio until I receive the Canvas. Then I will return the Fitfolio. BTW, the Fitfolio is a decent case, just a bit too cheapy for me. I am only having the slightest doubts because I love the HD Pixelskin style/function but without the magnets I can't invest in it. Maybe some DIY magnets. Either way, the FitFolio will give me time to make my final decision. Speck HD Pixelskin (DIY magnets) vs. Switcheasy Canvas!!! Tough decisions ahead.

psychonaut
Apr 14, 2011, 11:09 AM
I too had decided on the Switcheasy Canvas based on Psychonaut's review and then went to order and it was out of stock. I emailed Switcheasy and they say it will be in stock in 5-10 days. So I went to Target and bought the Speck FitFolio until I receive the Canvas. Then I will return the Fitfolio. BTW, the Fitfolio is a decent case, just a bit too cheapy for me. I am only having the slightest doubts because I love the HD Pixelskin style/function but without the magnets I can't invest in it. Maybe some DIY magnets. Either way, the FitFolio will give me time to make my final decision. Speck HD Pixelskin (DIY magnets) vs. Switcheasy Canvas!!! Tough decisions ahead.

If it helps, as soon as I can get my hands on a PixelSkin HD Wrap I will not only produce a video on it but I will also do a head to head video (Speck vs. SwitchEasy).

The only thing about the Speck I am not so sure of is how it will perform on a lap / bed that does not have an even surface. My Canvas stays in position quite well and with a stand like a Smart Cover it may not be as stable.

I'll test that out and report back (in video) once I have the Speck.

jentiel
Apr 14, 2011, 11:23 AM
GREAT!! Just what I need! I do prefer the flat fold for couch/bed viewing but the style of the Speck HD is almost irresistable. I do subscribe to your You Tube site so I'll be watching out for your head to head review! Thanks!!:D

Randy182
Apr 14, 2011, 01:40 PM
Ditto for me...Arrives in Victoria Apr 14th:)

It arrived in Van 10 minutes ago! Too bad my iPad is not here until next Monday :P

Kirwin
Apr 14, 2011, 02:59 PM

I live in the US and ordered from their International site on 4/13 12:33am. My black Canvas has been shipped and will arrive on 4/15. Shipping on the international site was $15 vs $4 on the US site... but well worth it since they have stock and expedited shipping!

My 64gb white iPad 2 arrives 4/19. Can't wait to see how they look together!

fishcube
Apr 14, 2011, 04:36 PM
I live in the US and ordered from their International site on 4/13 12:33am. My black Canvas has been shipped and will arrive on 4/15. Shipping on the international site was $15 vs $4 on the US site... but well worth it since they have stock and expedited shipping

No Charcoal in stock, which is what I want :(

Dakotafan
Apr 14, 2011, 07:16 PM
I live in the US and ordered from their International site on 4/13 12:33am. My black Canvas has been shipped and will arrive on 4/15. Shipping on the international site was $15 vs $4 on the US site... but well worth it since they have stock and expedited shipping!

My 64gb white iPad 2 arrives 4/19. Can't wait to see how they look together!

so they do ship to the US? Off to the site!

joe2687
Apr 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
I got my case today (shipped to Canada 2 days after ordering from the International store).

Let me just say, wow. Absolutely amazing case and lives up to the hype, reviews, and comments from everyone else that owns it. I can't believe how good it all fits together and works. For my needs, there is no better case out there!

brudog68
Apr 14, 2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone receive a brown one yet? How does it look in person? Pics maybe?

Truckondo
Apr 14, 2011, 09:14 PM
I sent them an email earlier today and got this back:

Hello there,

Due to an unexpected shipment delay from our overseas manufacturer, we
experienced inventory shortages and we have been promised by the
shipping company that our units will be here within 5-10 days.
Please note that the shipping company doesn't guarantee it and may
vary by several days due to weather, mail volume, customs delays and
other circumstances.

Please contact us then or email us to let us know if you would like to
be notified when it's back in stock. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Celine.
Switcheasy Customer Service.
www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

It's a bummer that these are not in stores or that we can't pre-order them. My iPad is scheduled to arrive on May 6th so I can wait a bit right now.

hdfan67
Apr 14, 2011, 09:24 PM
Can you fold the front of the cover inward and outwards?

I'm going to try to describe what may make a better typing position:
If you reverse the way you have this position in the photo. Meaning take the cover, turn it inwards, un-velcro it the plastic part, and put the flap inwards to where it makes a wedge of sorts? Would that work?

hterri1, is this what you mean? If so, you're a spatial prodigy! :D

This is great, and the microfiber doesn't make contact with the desk surface.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Bckrupps
Apr 14, 2011, 09:39 PM
Kinda funny hdfan67 my only gripe was a lack of typing postion. I never thought of turning it around lol. Perfect typing position and sturdy. Thanks. This case just gets better by the day. Dont sacrifice. Trust me its worth the wait. By the way a few have asked. I ordered the brown and have shown it to a few people and we all agree its awesome. It really looks good with the 2 conflicting colors especially from the back side. (that what she said) sorry couldnt help it lol. Thanks to hterri1 also.

Kirwin
Apr 14, 2011, 09:50 PM

Sweet!

Glad I ordered one!:D

brudog68
Apr 14, 2011, 09:51 PM
Kinda funny hdfan67 my only gripe was a lack of typing postion. I never thought of turning it around lol. Perfect typing position and sturdy. Thanks. This case just gets better by the day. Dont sacrifice. Trust me its worth the wait. By the way a few have asked. I ordered the brown and have shown it to a few people and we all agree its awesome. It really looks good with the 2 conflicting colors especially from the back side. (that what she said) sorry couldnt help it lol. Thanks to hterri1 also.

When you have nothing better to do, mind posting a few pics of the brown?

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 14, 2011, 10:47 PM

I have a typing position suggestion. I have seen this on other cases of this type but not this one I don't believe. The normal standing base position (with the velvo detached) but extend the bottom beyond the last groove, try to pull it out all the way to the clasp. Does this work?

Bckrupps
Apr 14, 2011, 11:08 PM
I dont have a camera handy but pictures are on the switcheasy website and are exactly what it looks like plus better quality than i could take lol

madat42
Apr 14, 2011, 11:57 PM

I actually tried duplicating that but then I ended up folding and tucking the top cover under the iPad tray which also works great. The micro fiber stays protected.

Bckrupps
Apr 15, 2011, 12:50 AM
You cant pull the case all the way to the clasp really because of it being glued to the back of the hard shell.

Red93
Apr 15, 2011, 01:09 AM
Some of these comments sound like they work for switcheasy.

wingnut8
Apr 15, 2011, 01:27 AM
Some of these comments sound like they work for switcheasy.
Nah, Switcheasy just make quality products.

Bckrupps
Apr 15, 2011, 02:02 AM
I know i sound like it lol. Funny thing is i never even heard of them until i found this forum when i bought my ipad 2. Im usually not this hands on with posts but im kinda an electronics junkie which means lots of cases and accessories and it really is the nicest case i have seen. It is getting a bit repetitive at this point though with the pics and video reviews. Just buy it lol.

AppleOwl
Apr 15, 2011, 02:16 AM
Just placed an order for the black one via the international store! How long does it take for them to ship? Also, how is the quality of the screen protector that's included?

hdfan67
Apr 15, 2011, 02:39 AM
I know i sound like it lol. Funny thing is i never even heard of them until i found this forum when i bought my ipad 2. Im usually not this hands on with posts but im kinda an electronics junkie which means lots of cases and accessories and it really is the nicest case i have seen. It is getting a bit repetitive at this point though with the pics and video reviews. Just buy it lol.

Yeah, I probably sound like it too. As I wrote earlier, I was thinking seriously about other cases, but thanks to Psychonaut decided to give this one a try. The non-exposed microfiber typing position is a plus as I'd accepted that I'd have to expose it if I wanted a low typing position.

To balance things out and talk about little things I'd improve, the clasp is a little hard to close as someone mentioned earlier. It would have been ideal if the magnets were strong enough to keep the cover on the iPad without the clasp, similar to the strong magnets that Portenzo is using to get rid of their strap.

Besides that and lightening up the case (but then it might not feel/be so solid), I don't have any issues at all. I think it's a real plus they included the screen protector and port/plug covers, so I didn't have to worry about picking up another screen protector, which could be costly.

The screen protector does seem to be high quality - visually I can't tell it's on the screen, so it's good enough for me. For $54, it's a good all-around deal.

hterri1
Apr 15, 2011, 07:10 AM
I actually tried duplicating that but then I ended up folding and tucking the top cover under the iPad tray which also works great. The micro fiber stays protected.

Thats a great idea! Got any pics?

Kirwin
Apr 15, 2011, 08:38 AM
Just placed an order for the black one via the international store! How long does it take for them to ship? Also, how is the quality of the screen protector that's included?

I ordered my black Canvas from Switcheasy's international store on 4/13 at 12:33am and I received it just a few minutes ago. Incredibly fast delivery!

Even better news is that my 64gb white iPad 2 is headin' my way on another Fedex truck! It wasn't suppose to arrive 'til 4/19. I couldn't have planned that if I wanted to. How flippin' sweet is that!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

dylanursula
Apr 15, 2011, 09:08 AM
Any US weekend orders received a 'true' shipment notice? I am being told that as I ordered on Saturday evening mine will not ship for at least another week :(

mjk336
Apr 15, 2011, 09:28 AM
Any US weekend orders received a 'true' shipment notice? I am being told that as I ordered on Saturday evening mine will not ship for at least another week :(

No luck here and I ordered on 4/8 (Friday).

caralck
Apr 15, 2011, 09:30 AM
Psychonaut - just viewed your video review on the gelaskin so I'm curious if you were able to get the ipad2 with the gelaskin on to still fit into the switcheasy canvas? I still have a gelaskin groupon to use and I really don't need more iphone skins (I have 2 extras) so I thought maybe i'd get a gelaskin if it would still fit in that case. Thanks!

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 15, 2011, 09:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not even like this?

(toblino 2)

jam-kun
Apr 15, 2011, 10:02 AM
I thought I'd add my two cents and say that I have a BSE back protector installed on my iPad 2, and I was worried that I would surely have to take it off to have it work w/ the Canvas, but lo and behold, it fit!

It did take some extra pushes here and there to get the case to snap on, but once it's in, it's in.. lol. I tried to remove my iPad from the Canvas and it was really quite tough to do it!

I am a little concerned that having the BSE + Canvas would potentially stretch out the polycarbonate shell, but that's likely just my paranoia kicking in.

This case literally has ended my quest for the perfect case search (I've been through two cases prior). Can't be more pleased :)

madat42
Apr 15, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thats a great idea! Got any pics?

Here it is - I hope it attached. I saw the pic above in this thread and ended up with this. With the cover tucked under the tray, it's locked in with no (maybe minute) movement or flex. Solid and a great typing angle. Plus it keeps the micro-fiber from touching the surface.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 15, 2011, 10:48 AM
Here it is - I hope it attached. I saw the pic above in this thread and ended up with this. With the cover tucked under the tray, it's locked in with no (maybe minute) movement or flex. Solid and a great typing angle. Plus it keeps the micro-fiber from touching the surface.

the possibilites are endless!! :)

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 15, 2011, 11:43 AM
I know the CEO hybrid isn't out yet so it would be impossible to compare head to hard, but does anyone (metagamers?) have both this switcheasy and toblino 2 cases that can take pictures/dimensions side by side to compare both thickness and weight?

I'm definitely leaning towards the switcheasy, but I would like to see this comparison.

psychonaut
Apr 15, 2011, 11:50 AM
Psychonaut - just viewed your video review on the gelaskin so I'm curious if you were able to get the ipad2 with the gelaskin on to still fit into the switcheasy canvas? I still have a gelaskin groupon to use and I really don't need more iphone skins (I have 2 extras) so I thought maybe i'd get a gelaskin if it would still fit in that case. Thanks!

I actually took my gelaskin off but I suspect that it will either be a VERY tight fit or not really work.

psychonaut
Apr 15, 2011, 11:52 AM
I know the CEO hybrid isn't out yet so it would be impossible to compare head to hard, but does anyone (metagamers?) have both this switcheasy and toblino 2 cases that can take pictures/dimensions side by side to compare both thickness and weight?

I'm definitely leaning towards the switcheasy, but I would like to see this comparison.

I'll be able to compare to the Marware CEO once it ships (I have an order in for one). In regards to the toblino 2; I am not planning on picking one up unless I am supplied a review unit. I will say this, looking at the pictures of the toblino 2 I suspect it is thinner due to the fact that when the case is in "stand" mode the back of your iPad is exposed.

RossMc
Apr 15, 2011, 11:57 AM
People from the UK who want this case. I know you can order off the Switcheasy Europe website but with shipping it comes to over £50.

I emailed GearZap in the UK which I buy my cases from and they said they will be getting it in sometime if anyone can wait. They usually sell there cases for cheaper than the manufacturer do on their site plus they offer free delivery. http://www.gearzap.com/

Hi,

I am just emailing to find out if GearZap will be getting the Switcheasy Canvas for the iPad 2 to sell?

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/CANVAS_iPad2.php

Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross,

We will be getting these into stock but at the moment I have no exact dates for stock arrival.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 15, 2011, 12:09 PM
I'll be able to compare to the Marware CEO once it ships (I have an order in for one). In regards to the toblino 2; I am not planning on picking one up unless I am supplied a review unit. I will say this, looking at the pictures of the toblino 2 I suspect it is thinner due to the fact that when the case is in "stand" mode the back of your iPad is exposed.

Yeah, I am expecting that also. Same with ceo hybrid. I'm concerned with how tangible the difference is.

Is it possible to bend the switcheasy all the way down while in "stand" mode as in my picture above?

madat42
Apr 15, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yeah, I am expecting that also. Same with ceo hybrid. I'm concerned with how tangible the difference is.

Is it possible to bend the switcheasy all the way down while in "stand" mode as in my picture above?

I tried it and it's somewhat possible, but not reliable. It feels like it's overreaching or stretching, so it starts crawling back up and has some bounce whenever pressure is placed on the touchscreen. If the crease on the back flap was just a little further out, I could see this working. Maybe with some wear on the crease it might work better too.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 15, 2011, 12:41 PM
I tried it and it's somewhat possible, but not reliable. It feels like it's overreaching or stretching, so it starts crawling back up and has some bounce whenever pressure is placed on the touchscreen. If the crease on the back flap was just a little further out, I could see this working. Maybe with some wear on the crease it might work better too.

hmmm I was getting used to that position (mentally) as I have been looking over the Toblino 2 and CEO hybrid, which both are capable of that.

But I guess realistically it's not an issue because there are several other typing positions with this case. Some of them are sturdier and some of them are easier/quicker to assemble.

Has anyone found a site selling it for a discount (or with some discount code)? I can buy the other CEO hybrid and toblino 2 for $30 and $40 respectively, as opposed to this $50 for this one.

212rikanmofo
Apr 15, 2011, 12:54 PM
I was so close to buying the Speck FitFolio case until I saw this thread. It seems like this is the best "Folio" style case for the iPad 2. I'm not sure what color to get, because I like black, charcoal and gray. But some people say the gray is more like a tan or khaki color?

What's the texture of the case feel like? is it rough or smooth? Thanks, and if I want to get this case soon, should I order from the international store? I am located in the US.

fishcube
Apr 15, 2011, 01:20 PM
I ended up ordering the grey from international site. I can't wait any longer. So how fast is the international shipping?

2 Owls
Apr 15, 2011, 02:57 PM
My UK order from the international site was about £40.96, still had some in stock when I checked last.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 15, 2011, 03:24 PM
why is this not available on Amazing? (free shipping!!) The original switcheasy canvas for the iPad 1 is....

Any chance Amazon will be getting it soon?

Basically I'm still stuck deciding between this one and CEO hybrid and Portino (while still searching for others that I happened to miss). I'm really leaning towards this one, but since it is the most expensive I am waiting for something to really push me over the edge. Wether it be a $10 discount, or even go to amazon with free shipping, I'm sitting waiting to jump, but I don't want to make the commitment without a push :-p Also, I'm afraid that after I buy it, it will go on sale. Also, I really want it to go to Amazon so I can buy a stylus along with it to get free shipping on the stylus! (I'm not an Amazon Prime member, and I already used my free trial)

AppleOwl
Apr 15, 2011, 03:26 PM
Would you guys say this case provides adequate protection for the ipad when in a backpack and for travel? Would it still fit in an incase sleeve?

psychonaut
Apr 15, 2011, 03:41 PM
Would you guys say this case provides adequate protection for the ipad when in a backpack and for travel? Would it still fit in an incase sleeve?

When you put the port plugs in the only exposed items on the device are the mic, Camera and volume controls. Personally I think it is well protected in a bag so long as you don't have bunch of sharp items floating about.

I am sure if you had a larger incase sleeve it would fit.

mirzank
Apr 15, 2011, 04:54 PM
I'm not really active on this forum but was compelled to write after i got my case. I was looking for a good ipad 2 case, and after checking out the belkin slim folio (sub par), official cover (annoying to use and no back protection), the marware folio (nice but not in stock), i stumbled across this, and despite my reservations with the canvas material, after seeing all the videos, and reading some reviews, i thought this case is the one.

So far, the only thing impressive and not disappointing about this case is the shipping. ordered wednesday afternoon to canada, arrived friday morning.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if all the reviewers i saw videos of and read reviews online off were somehow paid by switcheasy (had to be a hefty sum so i'm sure thats not the issue), or somehow got some special handcrafted cases, because i can't find similarities between those raving reviews about this being the perfect case, and what i got.

I got the black one, so to start the whole thing off, the minute i got the thing out of the package, it just looked and felt cheap, in addition to the smell of the cheap plastic still stuck in my nostrils. The back hard plastic case is possibly the cheapest plastic the manufacturers could get their hands on. I've had some experience with plastic manufacturing and the qualities, and trust me this thing is BAD. Then, I had hoped that the case edged had somehow been lined with some rubber'ish coating or something (just the very thin edges that clamp onto the ipad), so the ipad won't scratch when getting it in or out. Part of the appeal of the case to me was ability to use the case when needed, and to remove the ipad when i wanted, but so far its a pain getting it removed. I'm sure to some thats great since it means your ipad is securely fastened.

Then comes the actual canvas material. Again, ridiculously cheap looking and feeling. i would have preferred some kind of cloth to this. I'm sure to some this is great since the cover is sturdy, but personally i don't care if my cover gets ruined, thats what its for, as long as my ipad is safe, and the cover looks nice.

Then comes the clasp. Yet another disappointment. Maybe i'm used to the easy of opening and closing my official ipad cover for ipad 1, but i'm not sure why the clasp is necessary, or necessary to be so tight. I use my ipad dozens of times a day for quick thirty second lookups and for longer at other times, and its taking me quite a bit jsut to open and close the cover every time. Since the clasp is so tight, closing it is also not easy, you gotta wrestle with it to close it, and just normally closing the lid makes the clasp hit the ipad screen. And same with opening. the only way ive found to open it quickest (still takes 5-10 seconds) is to pivot on the scren one part of cover and remove the clasp, but im afraid that will damage the screen, exactly what the cover is supposed to protect. I have tried to bend the clasp a bit to loosen it, lets see how it works. I'd prefer a completed loose clasp to the jaws of death that come with the case.

Then some other disappointments, which are just shortcomings on how i think they can improve this or how i expected the case to be.

Since there is a bit of a cutout for the camera, i'm sure the same could have been done for the canvas covering part of speaker grill. I dont know if the sound is muffled or not, but would have been good if they had made a cutout in the canvas for the speaker.

Another thing, and this was certainly my misunderstanding of the case, but i was under the impression that when you opened the top cover and flipped it open, there was a cutout in the top cover so even folder back fully an doing facetime the rear camera was usable. But thats not so as the cover fully flipped open conceals the camera. This was probably one of the biggest appeals of this cover to me, opening the lid, holding it totally held back, and being able to facetime with rear camera.

The pictures on the website are also definitely misleading. The pictures show it as some fine piece of craftsmanship, its all smooth and glossy and pretty looking, but in reality very far from it.
I'm sure this is one of the better cases as reviews have pointed out, and this thread is testament to this as i've read nothing but good things, maybe my expectations were just really high, but even taking that all into account i do thing the overall quality of the case is below standard. I've seen hand made cases out there for $60-70, and i was ore than willing to pay the price of the switcheasy if it was a good case, i ordered it within 30 minutes of finding it, watching videos, and reading reviews, but suddenly considering the quality, the 65$ (with shipping) i paid for this seems excessive. It seems of that 50$ list price, about 2-3$ is the actual material, another couble of $ for labour, the largest component by far seems like the expedited fedex, atleast 20-25$ to send this fast, and the rest is profit. I thought the apple case was a ripoff but by comparison its certainly better value.

fishcube
Apr 15, 2011, 05:43 PM
Another thing, and this was certainly my misunderstanding of the case, but i was under the impression that when you opened the top cover and flipped it open, there was a cutout in the top cover so even folder back fully an doing facetime the rear camera was usable. But thats not so as the cover fully flipped open conceals the camera. This was probably one of the biggest appeals of this cover to me, opening the lid, holding it totally held back, and being able to facetime with rear camera.

It does say on their site that to use camera, you partially fold back cover. And several reviews state this. I believe I also saw a video review showing how this is done. It actually seems like a great way to hold the iPad, by folding back halfway, and holding with one hand.

I ordered this case going by all the reviews here and the video reviews. Yours is the first one I've seen that didn't love the case.

benjamin9876
Apr 15, 2011, 06:48 PM
they are back in Stock!!!!
just get myself a brown one.
even though my ipad is still backordered.
lol...
grab it ASAP..

benjamin9876
Apr 15, 2011, 06:54 PM
why is this not available on Amazing? (free shipping!!) The original switcheasy canvas for the iPad 1 is....

Any chance Amazon will be getting it soon?

Basically I'm still stuck deciding between this one and CEO hybrid and Portino (while still searching for others that I happened to miss). I'm really leaning towards this one, but since it is the most expensive I am waiting for something to really push me over the edge. Wether it be a $10 discount, or even go to amazon with free shipping, I'm sitting waiting to jump, but I don't want to make the commitment without a push :-p Also, I'm afraid that after I buy it, it will go on sale. Also, I really want it to go to Amazon so I can buy a stylus along with it to get free shipping on the stylus! (I'm not an Amazon Prime member, and I already used my free trial)

since they are so hot right now, i dont think Amazon will getting anything sooner. Even they own website is OOS, expect to wait couple month to see it on amazon.
I would say, for lots of cases i research and review on youtube. this is the best one i see so far with a reasonable price.

Truckondo
Apr 15, 2011, 07:02 PM
they are back in Stock!!!!
just get myself a brown one.
even though my ipad is still backordered.
lol...
grab it ASAP..

I was about to post the same thing about them being back in stock. Ordered a charcoal. The iPad is due to arrive the 6th so it should be here waiting for it when it does arrive.

benjamin9876
Apr 15, 2011, 07:16 PM
I was about to post the same thing about them being back in stock. Ordered a charcoal. The iPad is due to arrive the 6th so it should be here waiting for it when it does arrive.

but i was getting a email about "they are not going to in stock for another 5-10 days" this morning...

Hope they are not taking "pre-oreder" like several days ago... :mad:

hdfan67
Apr 15, 2011, 08:08 PM
Apart from that, I'm not sure if all the reviewers i saw videos of and read reviews online off were somehow paid by switcheasy (had to be a hefty sum so i'm sure thats not the issue), or somehow got some special handcrafted cases, because i can't find similarities between those raving reviews about this being the perfect case, and what i got.

Wow, quite the accusation just because you didn't agree with the opinions. :confused:

I got the black one, so to start the whole thing off, the minute i got the thing out of the package, it just looked and felt cheap, in addition to the smell of the cheap plastic still stuck in my nostrils. The back hard plastic case is possibly the cheapest plastic the manufacturers could get their hands on. I've had some experience with plastic manufacturing and the qualities, and trust me this thing is BAD.

Not really familiar with what premium, high-end plastic is looks and smells like, but the plastic back is textured, appropriately thick, and doesn't strike me as cheap at all. The $2 iPhone shell cases I got from Hong Kong, now THOSE were cheap. :) The smell didn't seem strong or toxic to me.

Then, I had hoped that the case edged had somehow been lined with some rubber'ish coating or something (just the very thin edges that clamp onto the ipad), so the ipad won't scratch when getting it in or out. Part of the appeal of the case to me was ability to use the case when needed, and to remove the ipad when i wanted, but so far its a pain getting it removed. I'm sure to some thats great since it means your ipad is securely fastened.

I'm thinking rubber would make it harder to take in/out, but you're right, it doesn't seem like it was meant to be taken in or our frequently, and it does seem like it would be a pain to remove it (I haven't even really tried, because it does seem stuck in there quite well!). Did yours get scratched in doing this?

Then comes the actual canvas material. Again, ridiculously cheap looking and feeling. i would have preferred some kind of cloth to this. I'm sure to some this is great since the cover is sturdy, but personally i don't care if my cover gets ruined, thats what its for, as long as my ipad is safe, and the cover looks nice.

It seems like coated canvas to me, because it's has some texture, but isn't porous like real canvas. But would not say it was ridiculously cheap by any stretch - doesn't seem cheap at all to me. Fake leather generally doesn't look all that great either. Real leather would be nice, I agree.

Then comes the clasp. Yet another disappointment. Maybe i'm used to the easy of opening and closing my official ipad cover for ipad 1, but i'm not sure why the clasp is necessary, or necessary to be so tight. I use my ipad dozens of times a day for quick thirty second lookups and for longer at other times, and its taking me quite a bit jsut to open and close the cover every time. Since the clasp is so tight, closing it is also not easy, you gotta wrestle with it to close it, and just normally closing the lid makes the clasp hit the ipad screen. And same with opening. the only way ive found to open it quickest (still takes 5-10 seconds) is to pivot on the scren one part of cover and remove the clasp, but im afraid that will damage the screen, exactly what the cover is supposed to protect. I have tried to bend the clasp a bit to loosen it, lets see how it works. I'd prefer a completed loose clasp to the jaws of death that come with the case.

Strong magnets would have been better. And true, it does take a bit of time to open it because there is a clasp, but same thing with the elastic strap on many of the folio types (and in that case, I would be worried about the elastic getting loose over time). The clasp will probably loosen a bit with time. Closing it is no effort at all to me. If you close it with your left hand pushing inward on the hinge area (not a lot of force, just barely), it'll make it so the lip of the clasp goes over the bezel and closes easily and with little force.

Since there is a bit of a cutout for the camera, i'm sure the same could have been done for the canvas covering part of speaker grill. I dont know if the sound is muffled or not, but would have been good if they had made a cutout in the canvas for the speaker.

The pictures on the website are also definitely misleading. The pictures show it as some fine piece of craftsmanship, its all smooth and glossy and pretty looking, but in reality very far from it.
I'm sure this is one of the better cases as reviews have pointed out, and this thread is testament to this as i've read nothing but good things, maybe my expectations were just really high, but even taking that all into account i do thing the overall quality of the case is below standard. I've seen hand made cases out there for $60-70, and i was ore than willing to pay the price of the switcheasy if it was a good case, i ordered it within 30 minutes of finding it, watching videos, and reading reviews, but suddenly considering the quality, the 65$ (with shipping) i paid for this seems excessive. It seems of that 50$ list price, about 2-3$ is the actual material, another couble of $ for labour, the largest component by far seems like the expedited fedex, atleast 20-25$ to send this fast, and the rest is profit. I thought the apple case was a ripoff but by comparison its certainly better value.

Can you return it? If not, someone who's been waiting for one or comes across this thread would probably buy it from you. To me, I would've paid $15-30 for the screen protector, so it was a $25-40 case for me, with a couple of port/headphone protectors thrown in.

Anyway, definitely not an employee or paid by Switcheasy. . .

212rikanmofo
Apr 15, 2011, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear their back in stock! I just ordered a charcoal one. Can't wait to get mine as I've been dying for a folio type case for over a month now to protect my iPad. I'm so glad I found out about this case. I was so close on buying the Speck FitFolio until I heard about the SwitchEasy. Going by the user comments and video reviews I've got to say this has got to be the best looking folio case in terms of looks and features. If I placed my order on a Friday do they process the order next Monday? How long does it take ship it around?

dylanursula
Apr 15, 2011, 09:12 PM
but i was getting a email about "they are not going to in stock for another 5-10 days" this morning...

Hope they are not taking "pre-oreder" like several days ago... :mad:

Agree with you about them being back in stock. My order from last weekend is not shipping for 7 to 10 days according to an email from their customer service this morning!!!! It's turning into a bit of a joke from Switcheasy

Bckrupps
Apr 15, 2011, 09:29 PM
Just an observation i have been using the case for a few days now. I dont have any smell to mine at all athough at first very faint but gone almost immediately. I also can say that the clasp seems to be a pain at first but upon opening and closing it many times it works for me almost flawlessly if you open and close it upright like a book. I suspect many are trying to close it in landscape mode by pulling the cover up which will work well with your hand under it. It seems the idea is to have the bend of the front cover tight against what would be compared to the binding of a book. If you try to latch it by pulling the front cover you are working against the weight of the ipad and case. Mirzank you have a right to your opinion but i think you are incorrect on most points. If What is said about switcheasy paying people for positive reviews is correct they spent a hell of alot of money lol. Besides i would have atleast wanted the case free and my bank account says different.

mirzank
Apr 15, 2011, 09:48 PM
you have a right to your opinion but i think you are incorrect on most points. If What is said about switcheasy paying people for positive reviews is correct they spent a hell of alot of money lol. Besides i would have atleast wanted the case free and my bank account says different.

I didn't mean the accusation ti be taken that seriously but I do apologize if it came across as very serious. I'm sure theyre not paying people, like I mentioned as well that would take a lot of money. My disappointment was from seeing and reading the reviews that mentioned how flawless the case was and how it was well made but mine doesn't seem as high end as those raving reviews. I just found a bit of disconnect between how much everyone has been talking it up and how it actually turned out to be. And again, yes it is just my opinion and it is certainly outweighed by all the positive reviews and this thread.

I don't know if you've seen the iPhone 4 incase case, but it's made of this amazing plastic that holds the iPhone very securely, is a very nice cover, and just enough flex to be able to remove the iPhone somewhat easily. Maybe it's too expensive to make something like this in iPad size. http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/snap-case-cl59593

psychonaut
Apr 15, 2011, 09:51 PM

I debated not even acknowledging this statement but its kinda bugging me so this is all I'll say on it:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your statement about being paid off by SwitchEasy is just plain silly. Not that I should waste any time on this but I can assure you that 95% of the product I review on my YouTube channel (including the SwitchEasy product) has been paid in full out of my own pocket. My cases were not "specially made" - I got the same case as you and like I said above I suppose it's a difference of opinion.

At the end of the day I still stand by my word, this is the best case (folio style) out there for the iPad 2 at this time.

I do reviews as it's my passion and in hopes that it will help someone make a good decision. I welcome difference of opinion but questioning integrity is another story and frankly just plain lame.

geko29
Apr 15, 2011, 10:04 PM
Just ordered a Charcoal. I was really hoping to get a case with a solid portrait mode (after buying and returning the Targus 360), but this just seems too good to pass up.

I'm a happy repeat customer of Switcheasy's (Capsule Neo, Capsule Rebel Serpent, and Colors for iPhone 3G(s), Vulcan and Colors for iP4), and I have a feeling there's a Twelvesouth Compass in my future anyway, so I expect to be quite happy with the Canvas.

flatline82
Apr 15, 2011, 10:06 PM
I debated not even acknowledging this statement but its kinda bugging me so this is all I'll say on it:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but your statement about being paid off by SwitchEasy is just plain silly. Not that I should waste any time on this but I can assure you that 95% of the product I review on my YouTube channel (including the SwitchEasy product) has been paid in full out of my own pocket. My cases were not "specially made" - I got the same case as you and like I said above I suppose it's a difference of opinion.

At the end of the day I still stand by my word, this is the best case (folio style) out there for the iPad 2 at this time.

I do reviews as it's my passion and in hopes that it will help someone make a good decision. I welcome difference of opinion but questioning integrity is another story and frankly just plain lame.

Well stated - I as well was pondering if I should respond but you nailed it on the head. It's quite crazy when I look at how MANY Switcheasy products I've purchased, and ya know what... I've purchased them ALL. While Psycho is right, most of the stuff we do indeed have to buy with our own money. But on occasion, we do indeed get products for review...and its our "passion" to review these as truthfully as we can. I dont do these reviews to earn a following or to get channel views. I do it all in the interest of being part of a larger community of Apple fans, you and me alike. It's all in good fun and enlightment. The best part about this gig are the opinions :)

Moving on! For the 5-6 iPad 2 cases I have so far - The Canvas without a doubt is my favorite thus far. I'm sorry yours didnt come as expected mirzank. :( Maybe you could ask for a return? or exchange for another color/or same. If its one thing about Switcheasy, is that there customer support is top notch.

Bckrupps
Apr 15, 2011, 10:51 PM
No offense taken mirzank. It may have some minor drawbacks and everyone has their opinions. What thing i think most will disagree with is the craftmanship though. Look at other folios. Usually they are thinner or lesser quality materials ect. Even the sew seams and the way the case adheres to the shell are miles ahead of most cases. Im personally biased in that i like the clasp myself. I ride my bike to work in the summer and the ipad sits in a pouch on my bike. I like the rigity and extra strength it brings. I also think the way it snaps in is great as it doenst cover up the ipad bezel. People do get defensive at times when someone slams a case that others dont see the flaws in and thats okay but i personally am a real picky shopper to get it right the first time and they more or less nailed it.

mirzank
Apr 15, 2011, 11:03 PM
For all the ills ive stated of this cover, and again, maybe I was just taken aback a bit by the excessively high expectations, I will say though that I've been looking for a good cover for a while, one that doesn't cover the bezel, and it's been tough to find and this one came closest to what I was looking for generally. I'm surprised at how badly made the belkin is for example. I also don't generally buy covers for my iproducts which is why I guess I don't have a relative scale of how bad some other products are out there. I started my search with getting the iPad 1 cover for the iPad 2. I don't love the material on the original apple cover, it but I've grown to really appreciate the product for it's simplicity.

Well stated - I as well was pondering if I should respond but you nailed it on the head. It's quite crazy when I look at how MANY Switcheasy products I've purchased, and ya know what... I've purchased them ALL. While Psycho is right, most of the stuff we do indeed have to buy with our own money. But on occasion, we do indeed get products for review...and its our "passion" to review these as truthfully as we can. I dont do these reviews to earn a following or to get channel views. I do it all in the interest of being part of a larger community of Apple fans, you and me alike. It's all in good fun and enlightment. The best part about this gig are the opinions :)

Moving on! For the 5-6 iPad 2 cases I have so far - The Canvas without a doubt is my favorite thus far. I'm sorry yours didnt come as expected mirzank. :( Maybe you could ask for a return? or exchange for another color/or same. If its one thing about Switcheasy, is that there customer support is top notch.

jeff_siler
Apr 15, 2011, 11:04 PM

Don't think twice about this man. You do some of most honest, down to earth, genuine product reviews I have ever seen. Keep it up.

mirzank
Apr 15, 2011, 11:07 PM
Didn't mean to offend you, but I apologize doesn't mean what I said wasn't offensive. Like I just stated in my reply above, I don't generally buy covers for prodcts, the only one I have is the incase for iPhone 4 and the original iapple cover for iPad 1, and thus don't have a relative scale to compare the covers for iPad 2. I did do quite an extensive search and amongst all the covers I saw this one seemed best. I was looking for something with the simplicity if the apple iPad 1 cover, and if the plastic backing, in my opinion, had had a bit more flex like the incase iPhone cover, and used that material this would have scored higher I think.

psychonaut
Apr 15, 2011, 11:13 PM
No problem mirzank, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Thats the beauty of things right? :)

If I were you I would contact SwitchEasy as I am sure they would refund your money. If you are looking into a case that works like the original iPad 1 case by Apple you might want to wait a week and see how the reviews are on the revised YooBao that's shipping next week.

The original (besides the smell on some and magnet issue with the sleep/wake feature) seemed to be quite the hit and if the revision corrects those issues it might be the one for you.

Take care... :apple:

212rikanmofo
Apr 16, 2011, 12:15 AM
pyschonaut, do you know where they ship from in the US? I'm trying to estimate when mine will arrive. I ordered it today. Since the site is telling me it's in stock, I'm hoping it won't take long. Thanks for your great reviews!

psychonaut
Apr 16, 2011, 12:27 AM
pyschonaut, do you know where they ship from in the US? I'm trying to estimate when mine will arrive. I ordered it today. Since the site is telling me it's in stock, I'm hoping it won't take long. Thanks for your great reviews!

Mine shipped out of Tracy, California.

kschles
Apr 16, 2011, 07:19 AM
Decided to order one, although the recent negative review on this website gave me pause. Like all of you I am looking for a good case I can live with. I've tried the Toblino 2 and concluded I just don't like that design (the bottom clips drive me nuts). I thank those who have done video reviews. Seeing the case in action helps in the decision making. I was also swayed by the Ilounge review which currently rates the Switcheasy Canvas among it's 3 favorite Ipad 2 cases:

RossMc
Apr 16, 2011, 07:34 AM
I ordered it from the US store because they had the Charcoal one in stock. I'm from the UK will it make a difference?

Trvlngnrs
Apr 16, 2011, 09:21 AM
After reading all the posts, I was getting excited about purchasing one of these cases for my iPad 1. I went to the Switcheasy website and the 1st gen case is entirely different :mad:

Has anyone used the 1 gen case?

Thanks,
Trvlngnrs

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
I decided to take the leap last night. I ordered a charcoal :). I'm sure I will br satisfied. I just can't continue on without a case... I hope it comes is soon.

After reading all the posts, I was getting excited about purchasing one of these cases for my iPad 1. I went to the Switcheasy website and the 1st gen case is entirely different :mad:

Has anyone used the 1 gen case?

Thanks,
Trvlngnrs

I haven't. But I have read some review(s) that the second gen is a huge leap from the first one. So I'm sure there are better alternatives

Dakotafan
Apr 16, 2011, 11:34 AM
Nice to see these are back in stock. I ordered a black one today and it will probably be here before my iPad.

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 16, 2011, 12:22 PM
Anyone weigh the case?

mr.wiggles
Apr 16, 2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone weigh the case?

Post #99 in this thread answered post #76's question about weight. So yes - the author of post #99 has weighed it.

NAYo2002
Apr 16, 2011, 02:02 PM
although the recent negative review on this website gave me pause.

It got me a little worried too when I read it yesterday. I've never posted on this forum but I signed up just to defend this case. I got it today (still waiting on the iPad 2) and it looks exactly like the one on the website, if anyone is being paid off it's the guy saying this case is poor quality (by competitors.) Here are some pictures and close ups that I took just to prove my point and help those people wanted to see a brown case/different positions:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110501276223169030683/SwitchEasyCanvasReviewPics?feat=directlink

Folded back to use the camera:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/TankQTt46vI/AAAAAAAAAB8/Yvqaef7rRNk/s640/P4162241.JPG

Close up shot to show stitching and canvas material:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/Tanj5aq-78I/AAAAAAAAAB8/4HKa90RK70Q/s640/P4162239.JPG

Plastic close up:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/TankqJeS6qI/AAAAAAAAAB8/ec__9aAr7eY/s640/P4162243.JPG

Showing how close the lid's lip come to the edge, it's a little difficult to close but nothing too hard if you pull the cover all the way to the right:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/Tanksxemb8I/AAAAAAAAAB8/0t32PHEDt8Q/s640/P4162245.JPG

Typing position:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/TankUwt5sLI/AAAAAAAAAB8/UnCsgMUngqc/s640/P4162240.JPG

In its packaging:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/Tanj5WgOtgI/AAAAAAAAAB8/kzENJQlxLsw/s640/P4162234.JPG

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 16, 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #99 in this thread answered post #76's question about weight. So yes - the author of post #99 has weighed it.

Wow!! Thank u so much for taking the time to search through the thread, find it, and post a response without the consideration to post the answer or even link to the post!!! :rolleyes: 13.8 ounces for those interested...

I'm sorry that in a thread of over 200 posts I forgot what one of them was..

Smithwicks
Apr 16, 2011, 02:33 PM
Nayo2002,thanks for the pics. I was debating between the brown and black. Are you happy that you went with brown?

brudog68
Apr 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
Im confident its a quality case...and got the confirmation that my new brown one shipped today...however after seeing your pics Im disappointed in the light gray color of the plastic(Why do so many companies use this drab gray color anyway?)...on the website the brown looks like its paired with a black or dark charcoal plastic, which wouldda looked cool.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/productwindow/Brown/c.jpg

NAYo2002
Apr 16, 2011, 02:44 PM
Nayo2002,thanks for the pics. I was debating between the brown and black. Are you happy that you went with brown?

Yea black was never an option for me, I like the contrasting colors so I was debating between Brown and Gray. Brown just looks very classy and professional in my opinion.

NAYo2002
Apr 16, 2011, 02:45 PM
Im confident its a quality case...and got the confirmation that my new brown one shipped today...however after seeing your pics Im disappointed in the light gray color of the plastic(Why do so many companies use this drab gray color anyway?)...on the website the brown looks like its paired with a black or dark charcoal plastic, which wouldda looked cool.

It's not that light, I was holding my camera close and flash was on. It's def not black though, I think it's same color as charcoal.

mr.wiggles
Apr 16, 2011, 03:22 PM
Wow!! Thank u so much for taking the time to search through the thread, find it, and post a response without the consideration to post the answer or even link to the post!!! :rolleyes: 13.8 ounces for those interested...

I'm sorry that in a thread of over 200 posts I forgot what one of them was..

I'm confused by your apparent upset. I did answer the question you asked and even gave you the post numbers. Here's to a better day for you! :)

Side note: I ordered the black Switcheasy Canvas today.

mirzank
Apr 16, 2011, 03:32 PM
For those that have the case and are using the headphone and power plastic covers, is there some trick to installing the cover for the bottom power port? I got the headphone one installed but on the bottom port it goes down on one side, but just won't go in on the other side. I tried with my iPad 1 port and it plugs in fine, but with iPad 2 it just won't work. I've tried both. Maybe my iPad port is slightly off?

JaredVegas
Apr 16, 2011, 03:47 PM
Just ordered the Charcoal version will post pictures

flamshun
Apr 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
Has anyone tried to remove the case successfully? This case is really tight fit. Got an appointment with genius bar for replacement, need someone to share some hints in removing the case (hope the material does not scratch the iPad when trying to do that). By the way, for ones that have tried the screen protector that came with it, how's it like compared to other branded ones.

NAYo2002
Apr 16, 2011, 04:21 PM
Typing position 2 (to ensure inside of the cover doesn't come in contact with dirty surfaces as someone here suggested):
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/TaoHo9FJNDI/AAAAAAAAACU/tj36Z4EtjVA/s800/IMAG0003.jpg

Cover folded all the way back... also flash is turned off to show more realistic colors:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/TaoHsYQf4_I/AAAAAAAAACY/jH5AACof_64/s800/IMAG0002.jpg

mrgossett
Apr 16, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks NAYo2002 for posting the pics of the brown case. My brown case has been shipped, and should arrive any day. It does look like a nice case, and I'm looking forward to trying it. However, before I put my iPad in it, I do want to know the best way to get it out in case I decide to do that. Anyone have any advice on that?

muymal
Apr 16, 2011, 04:52 PM
anyone who ordered yesterday (4/15 eastern US) got a mail notification yet? jw cuz i m anxious!! haha

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 16, 2011, 04:54 PM
anyone who ordered yesterday (4/15 eastern US) got a mail notification yet? jw cuz i m anxious!! haha

I got a payment notification, but not shipping. I have a feeling we will have to still wait a few days unfortunately. These things are just selling too quickly!!!

SmittS
Apr 16, 2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a little confused here. Someone weighed the Pixelskin and said it weighed around 9 oz and someone weighed this one at 13 oz. There are complaints of the weight of the Pixelskin (me included) yet no complaints here. Are these weights correct?

NAYo2002
Apr 16, 2011, 06:03 PM

It was in my junk mail box lol.. so you might want to check there.

hdfan67
Apr 16, 2011, 06:23 PM
I'm a little confused here. Someone weighed the Pixelskin and said it weighed around 9 oz and someone weighed this one at 13 oz. There are complaints of the weight of the Pixelskin (me included) yet no complaints here. Are these weights correct?

It *is* pretty heavy with iPad and case together. It's solid and feels solid/compact, but not light. The 13.8oz is correct, so it's adding nearly a pound. If I were trying to hold it in one hand in the air without resting on anything, it would get tiring fast.

The iPad itself is 21.3 oz (wifi version), so you're adding 65% in weight with this case. . .or another way of putting it, the case itself is 40% of the total weight of the two together.

hdfan67
Apr 16, 2011, 06:27 PM
Has anyone tried to remove the case successfully? This case is really tight fit. Got an appointment with genius bar for replacement, need someone to share some hints in removing the case (hope the material does not scratch the iPad when trying to do that). By the way, for ones that have tried the screen protector that came with it, how's it like compared to other branded ones.

Screen protector seems really good to me, and no adhesive, so you can reapply again if you mess up.

I had the Power Support Crystal on backorder, but glad I cancelled it. It may be better, but this is perfectly fine with me. I don't see any optical effects/degradation.

Dangka
Apr 16, 2011, 07:17 PM
I ordered my Switcheasy Canvas (Charcoal) from the US site on April 8. Got the email with USPS tracking on the morning of April 11. That same day, I received the "sorry, but your shipment is delayed" email.

Just checked my tracking number, and my cover has shipped via priority mail from Tracy, CA today (April 16). So I expect to receive it Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I think the orders should be good to go now for the ones that got delayed.

fishcube
Apr 16, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ordered from international site, but havn't gotten any email conformation, or shipping notice? I did get paypal payment email. What experiences have others had with international ordering? I want to cancel if it hasn't shipped yet, but they are not answering my emails.

btcutter
Apr 16, 2011, 07:31 PM
I got a payment notification, but not shipping. I have a feeling we will have to still wait a few days unfortunately. These things are just selling too quickly!!!

Just noticed they are in stock today and ordered it. Hope it lives up to the hype here.

Afro Blu
Apr 16, 2011, 08:50 PM
Since the site is showing that they have all cases in stock, I hope that means that they will be shipping the cases to all of us that ordered last week. :mad:

I really need a case...

dylanursula
Apr 16, 2011, 09:11 PM
Since the site is showing that they have all cases in stock, I hope that means that they will be shipping the cases to all of us that ordered last week. :mad:

I really need a case...

Hopefully on MOnday they ship it as that's when their warehouse is next open, however I am not holding my breath. I got the Pixel HD as a temp case and actually LOVE it.

AppleOwl
Apr 16, 2011, 09:18 PM
Screen protector seems really good to me, and no adhesive, so you can reapply again if you mess up.

I had the Power Support Crystal on backorder, but glad I cancelled it. It may be better, but this is perfectly fine with me. I don't see any optical effects/degradation.

Was this easy to apply? Did you manage to line it up perfectly and without any dust/lint underneath?

hdfan67
Apr 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
Was this easy to apply? Did you manage to line it up perfectly and without any dust/lint underneath?

Yup, but kind of feel guilty about all the hot water wasted in the process. :o Used the steamy bathroom method, and it sent on flawlessly.

ethics101
Apr 16, 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm torn between this case and the cara. My fear is that the inside cover of the canvas will get oily and make my screen dirtier. Do you think this will be the case? Also, what is the material of the front cover? Does it feel like leather?
I'm also going to be putting a zagg shield on my iPad will this still fit?
Thanks a bunch!

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 16, 2011, 10:52 PM
It *is* pretty heavy with iPad and case together. It's solid and feels solid/compact, but not light. The 13.8oz is correct, so it's adding nearly a pound. If I were trying to hold it in one hand in the air without resting on anything, it would get tiring fast.

The iPad itself is 21.3 oz (wifi version), so you're adding 65% in weight with this case. . .or another way of putting it, the case itself is 40% of the total weight of the two together.

Hmmm.... That's a little bit heavier than I was hoping for... But I guess a few extra ounces isn't really that big a deal. It can make up for it by being very protective :)

Now I just want to get it!!!

NAYo2002
Apr 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
I'm torn between this case and the cara. My fear is that the inside cover of the canvas will get oily and make my screen dirtier. Do you think this will be the case? Also, what is the material of the front cover? Does it feel like leather?
I'm also going to be putting a zagg shield on my iPad will this still fit?
Thanks a bunch!

It doesn't feel like leather at all. It looks textured see the pic below but it's actually fairly smooth. It's coated nylon so it does have some texture but very very minor. The coating is matt finish so you won't see it at all but when you feel the material, it's not going to feel like a rough nylon sheet.

As for zagg shield, if you are talking about the screen protector alone, it shouldnt be a problem. If you're getting fullbody, then it should still work but some say it doesn't sit quite right with back protectors.

If don't need to take it out of the case often, I wouldnt even bother with Zagg. Canvas already comes with a screen protector and the polycarbonate will protect the back.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_HUfF5R7b1Ls/Tanj5aq-78I/AAAAAAAAAB8/4HKa90RK70Q/s640/P4162239.JPG

ethics101
Apr 16, 2011, 11:21 PM
It doesn't feel like leather at all. It looks textured see the pic below but it's actually fairly smooth. It's coated nylon so it does have some texture but very very minor. The coating is matt finish so you won't see it at all but when you feel the material, it's not going to feel like a rough nylon sheet.

As for zagg shield, if you are talking about the screen protector alone, it shouldnt be a problem. If you're getting fullbody, then it should still work but some say it doesn't sit quite right with back protectors.

If don't need to take it out of the case often, I wouldnt even bother with Zagg. Canvas already comes with a screen protector and the polycarbonate will protect the back.

Thanks for the up close pic. That really cleared it up for me. Are you having an experiences of residue on the screen from the inside of the front cover? A friend of mine has the smart cover and you can see the lines from the smart cover on the screen.

NAYo2002
Apr 17, 2011, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the up close pic. That really cleared it up for me. Are you having an experiences of residue on the screen from the inside of the front cover? A friend of mine has the smart cover and you can see the lines from the smart cover on the screen.

I wish I could answer that for you but I don't have my iPad yet.

riteshks
Apr 17, 2011, 02:24 AM
Is this available in store or online at switcheasy site only ? I wanted to see one in person before deciding on the color.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 04:16 AM
I'm trying to decide between this and the Marware C.E.O. Hybrid case. The thing I like about this is that the back isn't exposed when putting it into different positions but the half to the left is only held by Velcro which I'm afraid will stop being 'sticky' after some use.

anyone tried both? Any thoghts?

Mad Mac Maniac
Apr 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm trying to decide between this and the Marware C.E.O. Hybrid case. The thing I like about this is that the back isn't exposed when putting it into different positions but the half to the left is only held by Velcro which I'm afraid will stop being 'sticky' after some use.

Well the CEO hybrid isn't out yet.

And honestly I don't think it will matter much if the Velcro weakens. The ipad isn't going anywhere since it's tightly placed in the case. In fact I think it might be better because it'll be easier/quicker to put the ipad in the standing positions. Just a thought

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 09:12 AM

Well the CEO hybrid isn't out yet.

And honestly I don't think it will matter much if the Velcro weakens. The ipad isn't going anywhere since it's tightly placed in the case. In fact I think it might be better because it'll be easier/quicker to put the ipad in the standing positions. Just a thought

It's out tomorrow in the UK.
I've ordered a maroo case anyway.
check it out they have nylon cases with 1 different designs and 4 different leather plain ones.

Cancelled my marware case order, and am going to go for the maroo case (http://www.maroo.com/product_list.cfm?pc=11&ps=11)
This (http://www.maroo.com/product_detail.cfm?p=17) one in particular.

According to the FB page, it has sleep/wake function and 2 viewing angles is enough for me, and I like the fact it is real leather and that the back isnt exposed at any point during changing potions, and the different unique design :)
I'm 17 so I like it, but don't know about you guys

heres the awanui:http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x365/QR93/awanuicase.jpg

bigwinnerx
Apr 17, 2011, 09:16 AM
Looks like 17 year olds discovered 1992.

kazaam93
Apr 17, 2011, 10:04 AM
Looks like 17 year olds discovered 1992.

lol :confused:

u saying the design is "old"

NAYo2002
Apr 17, 2011, 10:06 AM

I use valcros in my Air Force flight suits. After 3 years of washing and taking on/off patches, they still work fine. Have you ever had valcro that stopped sticking? You can always get the fuzz out if that's the problem.