PDA

View Full Version : ipad2 case similar to original case...

grooveattack
Apr 7, 2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/pixelskin-hd-wrap-ipad-case-black.html

found this from speck.. very similar to original ipad case.

seen alot of people asking for it, here it is! enjoy!

Steel28
Apr 7, 2011, 03:22 PM
does it protect the back?

LightSpeed1
Apr 7, 2011, 03:25 PM
does it protect the back?Looks that way.

That's not a bad looking case.

jtcouch
Apr 7, 2011, 03:36 PM
Nice looking case!

laurenr
Apr 7, 2011, 04:51 PM
I think this case is absolutely stunning; looking forward to seeing the first reviews when someone receives it.:D

silverblack
Apr 7, 2011, 05:18 PM
Stated on the Speck website, the material is TPU, which is kind of like silicone. Also there's no picture showing the back so it's hard to tell what the coverage is like. I came across a Belkin (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1132323) case, which I though is also similar to the original Apple case.

mac jones
Apr 7, 2011, 05:39 PM
The closest to the original Apple iPad case might be the Chinao. I had one for the original iPad and now the new one. The original was made almost exactly like the Apple but different material (no dust).

The new one is a bit different, but close enough.

Just saying :)

jeff_siler
Apr 8, 2011, 01:05 PM
The closest to the original Apple iPad case might be the Chinao. I had one for the original iPad and now the new one. The original was made almost exactly like the Apple but different material (no dust).

The new one is a bit different, but close enough.

Just saying :)

Can you please post some pictures or videos of the Chinao 2 for iPad (not stock photos if at all possible)

Blorzoga
Apr 9, 2011, 08:07 AM
The STM Skinny is definitely the case to get. It is the closest to the IPad 1 Apple case of any case out there. It is thin, light and operates the sleep/wake function flawlessly. It works as a stand for viewing or typing, and can also be folded flat. This case will sell like hotcakes, guaranteed.

kimnicho
Apr 9, 2011, 08:26 AM
Let's hope mine ships soon though ! You can buy it on eBags too I believe.
And I agree - it's the closest to the original Ipad case = thin and full-protection

The STM Skinny is definitely the case to get. It is the closest to the IPad 1 Apple case of any case out there. It is thin, light and operates the sleep/wake function flawlessly. It works as a stand for viewing or typing, and can also be folded flat. This case will sell like hotcakes, guaranteed.

ForumViewer
Apr 9, 2011, 08:31 AM
This is nothing like the original Apple case in my opinion. I can't prop my ipad up like an inverted V with the Speck case. Insta-dealbreaker for me - the "movie mode" is not stable enough to rest on my lap when im laying down. Also no one knows if the cover is "smart", if the front protector will flop around like Apple's covers do, etc. The only thing this case has going for it is looks. Finding a decent case is about as hard as finding an iPad 2. And just as frustrating.

Blorzoga
Apr 9, 2011, 08:34 AM
Let's hope mine ships soon though ! You can buy it on eBags too I believe.
And I agree - it's the closest to the original Ipad case = thin and full-protection

I ordered early and got it yesterday. They're backordered to 4/20 already. You will be very pleased with it.