PDA

View Full Version : slipcase for the moleskins

glen e
Apr 7, 2011, 08:02 PM
Not to be anal, but I have a few trips where my treegloo/Octavo's will have to go ahead packed in luggage - anyone found a cheap drawstring or slipcase that these book type cases can fit in?

I wrote waterford and they got nothing yet....

joltaxt
Apr 7, 2011, 08:05 PM
This person already has 4 different things covering his iPad. And now he wants a case for his case. The people here never cease to amaze me. Thank you OP for continuing my free comedic entertainment here at macrumors.

PS. If you're really that anal, just go to the post office and buy a 99 cent envelope. But I know your type and know you won't do that. Instead you'll end up shelling out $50 for a case to protect your case. lmfao.

omni
Apr 7, 2011, 08:06 PM
You are too anal. It will be fine

glen e
Apr 7, 2011, 08:14 PM
when everyone is done hating, anybody got an answer here?

TuffLuffJimmy
Apr 7, 2011, 08:20 PM
OP, isn't there something else you can obsess over?

joltaxt
Apr 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
Look at the back of his iPad lmfao http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1119515&page=10

How much junk in the trunk did you add to that thing? Be honest. OP gets the award for tackiest iPad I've ever seen; yuck.

KylePowers
Apr 7, 2011, 08:32 PM
Maybe a 10-11in netbook slipcover? Go to Best Buy (or wherever) and try 'em out. Surely you'll find something.

civla
Apr 7, 2011, 08:33 PM
Ouch that's rough. I have to admit when I first saw this I laughed, but then I remembered I have a trip coming up and started thinking the same thing. Those moleskin cases are worth protecting. So i started looking at those designer slipcases that look like envelopes. Then my wife slapped me across the face and I realized I am being too anal. :D

mysterygirl
Apr 7, 2011, 08:37 PM
Not to be anal, but I have a few trips where my treegloo/Octavo's will have to go ahead packed in luggage - anyone found a cheap drawstring or slipcase that these book type cases can fit in?

I wrote waterford and they got nothing yet....

I ordered the Waterfield Travel Express to use with my iPad/Portenzo when I travel. I think the Portenzo should fit into the main compartment of the case (which is really designed for a keyboard or other accessories). It's not a slipcase and it's not cheap, but I'm hoping it will do the trick. I should know in about a week.

Steviejobz
Apr 7, 2011, 08:38 PM
A $60 case is really not worth losing sleep over to keep in mint condition.

But there are plenty of $5-$10 neoprene sleeves used for Macbooks that would suffice. Or a free padded envelope from fedex would also work if in packed luggage.

glen e
Apr 7, 2011, 08:40 PM
Ouch that's rough. I have to admit when I first saw this I laughed, but then I remembered I have a trip coming up and started thinking the same thing. Those moleskin cases are worth protecting. So i started looking at those designer slipcases that look like envelopes. Then my wife slapped me across the face and I realized I am being too anal. :D

when you gash a moleskin and realize you can't replace the cover you might think otherwise...Treegloo told me yesterday they think they will offer a slipcase due to customer requests so I think it's a valid concern - obvious other feel differently here, but that does not bother me in the least.

mysterygirl
Apr 7, 2011, 08:42 PM
A $60 case is really not worth losing sleep over to keep in mint condition.

You need to own your possessions and not the other way around.

Reminds me when I was a kid I was not allowed to use rooms with "the good furniture."

All else fails there are plenty of $5-$10 neoprene sleeves used for Macbooks that would suffice. Or a free padded envelope from fedex would also work if in packed luggage.

To be fair, I don't think everyone wants to just protect the case. In my situation, I travel quite a bit, so the extra protection for the iPad when it's in my luggage or backpack motivated me to get another sleeve. Plus, as excited as I am for the moleskines, I'm also not certain how much protection they will offer in bad weather.

TuffLuffJimmy
Apr 7, 2011, 08:47 PM
when you gash a moleskin and realize you can't replace the cover you might think otherwise...Treegloo told me yesterday they think they will offer a slipcase due to customer requests so I think it's a valid concern - obvious other feel differently here, but that does not bother me in the least.
I don't know. I just feel like there's not a lot of reason to protect a case that's supposed to be doing the protecting. Especially since you don't even know how to properly spell Moleskine. I bet you pronounce it Mole-skin too. :D

You do realize that the cases are not made out of the skin of moles, right?

omni
Apr 7, 2011, 09:21 PM
This thread makes me laugh nonstop. I almost didn't think it was real...I mean how can it be?

Enjoy life for crying out loud.

dseig001
Apr 7, 2011, 10:59 PM
Dude, moleskines only look better with wear - a well worn moleskine tells a story.

You're being anal. And just because Treegloo figured out a way to take some more money from their customers with more brains than sense does not make it a valid worry.

It's a 60 dollar case, get a grip.

ReallyBigFeet
Apr 7, 2011, 11:42 PM
I'm sure Hemmingway protected his Moleskine from wear and tear with a slipcase.

Seriously, you are being anal.