Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FMLFMLFML

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'm not crazy but maybe a little OCD. I have a Pad & Quill moleskine type case that is custom and took a while to get. You can see other threads about the pain some of us have gone through to get one of these bad boys.

In any case, I picked up a great sleeve by encase to protect the nicely bonded leather and corners.

HOWEVER! If I drop the thing, I'm sure this will all be for naught and damage will occur. So I will have spent $70 on the P&Q Octavo + $40 for the sleeve not to mention the $30 skins on the back and screen (to prevent against dust).

So I was looking at this as an option to really secure the whole thing:

http://www.hardcandycases.com/ipad-hardsleeve.html

Anyone have experience with it? Could it realistically handle a drop from 3-4 feet off the ground onto a hard surface leaving all contents intact?

Thanks!

dseig001

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
I'm not crazy but maybe a little OCD. I have a Pad & Quill moleskine type case that is custom and took a while to get. You can see other threads about the pain some of us have gone through to get one of these bad boys.

In any case, I picked up a great sleeve by encase to protect the nicely bonded leather and corners.

HOWEVER! If I drop the thing, I'm sure this will all be for naught and damage will occur. So I will have spent $70 on the P&Q Octavo + $40 for the sleeve not to mention the $30 skins on the back and screen (to prevent against dust).

Anyone have experience with it? Could it realistically handle a drop from 3-4 feet off the ground onto a hard surface leaving all contents intact?

Thanks!

Really dude?

It's a case - made to look like a moleskine, they only look cooler with more wear. Besides, it's a case. And it sounds like you already have a redundant case.

So, you want a case, for a case, that's in a case?

It's an iPad, not the brain of a patient with Mad Cow...

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Can anyone recmomend a good case for my case for my case?

The hard candy bubble cases are OK. I considered it. Seems pretty industrial strength for what the OP is looking for. But not sure you need the sleeve anymore since the hard case will protect the iPad and the Moleskine case

whiskeyred

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
I had a Hard Candy Case and promptly returned it. WAY OVERPRICED, and it's not easy to describe but it just doesn't function or feel right. I felt it did not hold it's shape well, it was squashed and while an interesting design simply doesn't work for me, feels clunky and again, maybe at $15 - $19 it's worth a shot - but I would not bet the farm on this case by any means, I regretted this purchase and was fortunate I could get it returned. I had the bubble version, same thing with an orange lining which bleed black through it - felt used and not new. I personally don't recommend it.

London23

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2011

Thanks!

Hey, you're not alone...I hear ya...Lols...anyway, I too ordered the P&Q Octavo but haven't received it yet...just started looking into a case or sleeve for the Octavo...the Kroo envelope in brown leather looked nice but its 10in and the PQ case is 10.25. Still looking. Good Luck in finding a case!

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
This one is great for packing and such - get the small, the octavo (and other bookcases types) fits perfectly:

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-padded-laptop-computer-sleeve.html
3876876e.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.