Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
After seeing the new iPad in person at the Paris Apple store I was exceptionally impressed by the stand they are using to keep the iPad in place and the added aesthetic appeal. The slightly slanted stand is very elegant and the rubber around it literally glues the iPad in place, it won't budge if force is applied when pulling it downwards, only lifting the device up will. I just wondered what other's thoughts are on this and I personally think it would be a great accessory at home due to the fact it looks great and also the security factor in that there is no chance of scratching the back and falling off.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
It's more for show than for use though. The angle and height it's at doesn't really make it very practical.

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
Does anyone use the nest? Does the thinner size of the iPad 2 work in it -- don't want the pressure to damage the back of mine, or does it fit with the smartcover behind it, hanging, or taken off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.