PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox with iPad screen protection

princealyy
Apr 8, 2011, 08:27 AM
Hey guys just wanted to know if people who own this case use their screen protectors?? I don't know about screen protectors. They annoy me for sone reason.

Ponderous
Apr 8, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have the otterbox defender on my iphone4 and love the screen protector. No bubbles at all. Simple installation as it's part of the case. I'm thinking about it for the iPad but I'm not sure if I want the bulk.

Hope this helps.

theConvinced
Apr 8, 2011, 12:19 PM
With my ipad 1 I had an otterbox defender case and used an invisibleshield screen protector. More out of what if than necessity I think. I have a 2 year old who loves to play with the Ipad. My ipad 2 rests in a neoprene case with the smart cover that is all. I must admit though I have not taken the shipping plastic off the ipad 2 yet. Again out of what more than necessity. :apple:

filmbuff
Apr 8, 2011, 12:53 PM
I tried an expensive wet-apply screen protector and didn't like it, but then my screen started getting inexplicable scratches and nicks around the bezel (even though I am very careful) so I put the protector that came with the Otterbox on it. It's pretty nice, the number one thing is to make sure there's no dust on the screen before you apply it. The tiniest speck of dust will cause a bubble.

Once you get it on it looks good, the only problem is that fingerprints are much harder to clean off.

irishgreenapple
Apr 8, 2011, 06:56 PM
yes we are using the screen protector that came with the otterbox defender case. Agree with other posters that it does make fingerprints a bigger problem but if you needed an industrial strength case like this in the first place, it probably makes sense to have the screen somewhat protected as well. Do love this case though and the piece that covers the screen when not in use is fantastic.

kovey
Apr 10, 2011, 02:52 PM
It'd be nice if there was a screen protector that covered only the visible area. That's the only area I'm interested in protecting.