Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziqch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
My son deleted a few games on Iphone that we had bought, unfortunately I did not syn with intunes hence do not have backup application on app store. I have read before that we can just purchase the same app and you will not be charged. now when i try do to that it asks for purchase information, i place the password but i do not have any credit card info on itunes store( due to my son buying stuff on his own). It asks me to enter payment information, i am worried that i wll get charged again. how should i go about it. and yes leason learned, will syn my phone every day to have backup on itunes.
thanks for the help.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
Once you finish putting in your payment information, you should get a message pop up that says you've already purchased the app so you won't be charged.

If you do end up getting charged, just contact iTunes support. I once got double-billed for a TV episode and was able to clear it up with a few e-mails.

Also, make sure that you are "re-purchasing" the app from the same iTunes account that you bought it with the first time!

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
On iPad's App Store, apps previously purchased (but not currently installed) have "install" button (instead of "installed", "free", or price). It's too bad Apple hasn't migrated this useful functionality to desktop iTunes and iPhone/iPod touch.

In the absence of this, I would use desktop iTunes to check purchase history and download the exact app purchased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.