PDA

View Full Version : Dev account expired, and want to get rid of Xcode and related software.

bbotte
Apr 8, 2011, 04:40 PM
How do I get rid of the IOS developer stuff, it's like 15GB and I need to free up space on my MacBook Air, I don't need the developer software anymore. I don't see a uninstaller in utilities, so do I just trash the developer folder? Will that get rid of all of it?

EDIT:

I've tried to type this in terminal as the PDF says: $ sudo <Xcode>/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

this gives me a bad command prompt.

steviem
Apr 8, 2011, 05:18 PM
I've tried to type this in terminal as the PDF says: $ sudo <Xcode>/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

this gives me a bad command prompt.

are you typing it completely like that?

You need to make sure the <Xcode> is actually referring to where XCode is installed and not <XCode>

dejo
Apr 8, 2011, 05:21 PM
I don't see a uninstaller in utilities, so do I just trash the developer folder? Will that get rid of all of it?
That's one simple way but doesn't get rid of everything (leaves a few remnants). Most of the 15GB should be reclaimed though.

Replace <Xcode> with /Developer if you went with the default install location.