PDA

View Full Version : Where to install screen protector in NYC?

kalex
Apr 8, 2011, 08:34 PM
Me and screen protectors don't mix. I had very hard time installing it on my previous iphone so I don't want to waste screen protectors and money trying to get them installed.

I'm looking to get either Power Support or SGP screen protector and want to find if there is a place in NYC that can do it for me

Thanks

Alex

drenline
Apr 8, 2011, 08:37 PM
Have you tried best buy?

kalex
Apr 8, 2011, 08:51 PM
Not yet. Do they apply any screen protectors or only zagg?

Pballer110
Apr 8, 2011, 09:46 PM
Not yet. Do they apply any screen protectors or only zagg?

only the screen protectors they sell. And ive only see them sell the zagg and speck.

Edit:
Have you tried wet install screen protectors like wrapsol. Theyre much easier to install.

kalex
Apr 8, 2011, 10:07 PM
I tried wet install before and it didn't go too well :)

drenline
Apr 8, 2011, 10:45 PM
How wet did you spray the shield and ipad? I prefer to use alot of solution, that way, I can line it up perfectly and squeegee out the air bubbles. Takes less than 5 minutes and I've only installed 2 in my life.

BobbieM629
Apr 8, 2011, 10:47 PM
Best Buy installs them.. I bought the invisashield and they installed it. charged but they did. Apple store put the one on my iPhone free :)

puckhead193
Apr 8, 2011, 11:32 PM
Ghost armour has a kiosk in smithaven mall. Not NYC but might want to take a day trip...

kalex
Apr 14, 2011, 07:15 PM
So I bought a $4 screen protector on ebay and decided to give this one more try. read up instructions, watched some videos and have to say my install was sucessful.

Basically I did it in my bathroom with hot showering running for about 10 minutes before installation. Here is what really helped - latex powder free gloves and little bit of scotch tape. My install came out excellent except for the fact that screen protector that i got was damaged during shipping. It was shipped in plain envelope and had a small crease next to home button. That caused a bubble to appear which I was unable to remove. Other than that install was perfect and took about 10 minutes.